Laois Divisional Championship

Started by Don Draper, September 17, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Chrimtain on October 22, 2018, 05:03:17 PM
I notice that Adam Campion of St Josephs was one of those to catch the eye of the Leinster Express reporter at the second match in Crettyard. I saw him play for St Joe's during the year and thought he looked tenacious at corner back.
Good to hear. I didn't get to the trial games but I saw him in the championship a couple of times and he was really good. As was Matty Campion. Brothers?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Chrimtain

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on October 23, 2018, 09:42:28 AM
Quote from: Chrimtain on October 22, 2018, 05:03:17 PM
I notice that Adam Campion of St Josephs was one of those to catch the eye of the Leinster Express reporter at the second match in Crettyard. I saw him play for St Joe's during the year and thought he looked tenacious at corner back.
Good to hear. I didn't get to the trial games but I saw him in the championship a couple of times and he was really good. As was Matty Campion. Brothers?

I'm not from that area, so I'm not sure if they are brothers, but the two are pretty good. This will probably be ridiculed, but is Adam in the Joe Higgins mould?

I think its fair to say that this competition is throwing up some names for John Sugrue to consider. Whether they are good enough in the long run is another question.

Laoiseabu

I notice a lot of the names being mentioned have been in around the senior set up before but have then eventually been deemed surplus to requirements . That's my worry . But with a good chunk of our senior squad ageing that might mean there is room for a few more of these lads . As was said before , it still remains to be seen whether they will be good enough in the long run. I suppose only time will tell

Saint 1963

Adam and Mattie Campion are brothers.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

FRIDAY OCTOBER 26 @ LOETB Centre of Excellence 7.30pm
North East v East Central

SATURDAY OCTOBER 27 @ Crettyard 7.00pm
South East v West North West
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Does anyone know if the finals of this competition are going ahead this weekend.. ??

O moore parklife

Double header in the home of football  :P
Stradbally
Shield final is 530 and cup 7
Wnw vs north east first
South east vs east central after
Weather is meant to clear should be a decent night 

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thanks O'Moore Parklife, didn't get to go after all.. 
I think this has been a very useful exercise by our management team. Hopefully they will have seen a few hopefulls in the few games that were played and there was a lot of interest by the players in it which is good news all round.
A lot of lads wouldn't have put themselves forward for trial games so this competition might have brought a few out of the woodwork...

Super second half sees East Central crowned Divisional football champions

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/11/03/super-second-half-sees-east-central-crowned-divisional-football-champions/

The PRO

So, over the 4 games who really put their hand up for stepping up to senior panel? Any springers?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: The PRO on November 05, 2018, 01:57:11 PM
So, over the 4 games who really put their hand up for stepping up to senior panel? Any springers?
Only time will tell

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 05, 2018, 04:38:09 PM
Only time will tell
Dead right, tell him nothing.

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 05, 2018, 04:38:09 PM
Only time will tell
Very helpful.

Laois Rising

Quote from: redsetanta on November 05, 2018, 04:55:55 PM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/11/05/23-players-who-really-impressed-at-the-laois-divisional-football-competition/?fbclid=IwAR2FVDNkO4dehbwSAr8zvk7JHGmwUTidAmAenMl41jPaS4OfsOHrNDgTXGI

This competition seems to have been of huge value to the Laois under 20 panel for next year. A number of younger players in the county have really progressed throughout this year's championship and divisional games and these experiences should stand to them hugely going forward. Billy O'Loughlin (despite huge resentment/criticism within the county to his appointment) did a good job last year with Laois giving the eventually All-Ireland champions a serious challenge. You would hope that next year's team will be equally as competitive.