Leinster Club Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, August 19, 2018, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 13, 2018, 05:36:11 PM
Why no love for MDMA caused some havoc when he came on in this years All Ireland.  I like him personally breaks up play, drags defenders good positional sense.  He offers something different,  you don't win 5 All Ireland's being a mug.
He has many attributes, none of which should win him FOTY. He shouldn't have gotten within an arses roar of that goal.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Don Draper on November 13, 2018, 05:39:26 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 13, 2018, 05:36:11 PM
Why no love for MDMA caused some havoc when he came on in this years All Ireland.  I like him personally breaks up play, drags defenders good positional sense.  He offers something different,  you don't win 5 All Ireland's being a mug.
He has many attributes, none of which should win him FOTY. He shouldn't have gotten within an arses roar of that goal.

While I don't agree with Don on all issues this is one I have to agree with he isn't related to a footballer and if he wasn't with the Super machine that is Dublin he would have won very little in his career or got all stars

Back to the subject in hand it should be a great day out up in parnell I hope the county gets behind the Town in fairness they nearly always do its strange you find yourself shouting for them with gusto when they come out of Laois I suppose its the brand of football they play and the tradition they have they are a likeable team ..

Not too popular within the county because they are just so good and have such a big advantage pick wise but as a club they always conduct themselves well and this translates into the other clubs getting behind them .I even seen a Port man Sunday with Laois hat a green and white scarf :-)
LAOIS ABÚ

Laoiseabu

Kilmacud Portlaoise should be a decent game but I think the Dublin side looked fairly strong against the Meath champions on Sunday . I'd expect St Columba's Mullinalaghta to beat Éire Og in the other semi . Tiny rural Longford club with a population of just over 400 people Mullinalaghta are ,but are making the most of what they have and have a few decent players.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: on the hop on November 13, 2018, 05:25:13 PM
that Moorefield fella on the Kildare forum is some man to keep an argument going. :)
Just had a look  he is on some campaign, I give him that. Apparently they were rode in 2010 as well. He will surely bring up 2003 Leinster final soon............

SCFC

Bad footballers just don't win 5 All Ireands and 2 All Stars. He mightn't be your classical player with all the silky skills but he wouldn't be part of the Dublin panel without being a very good footballer. If it was all about being an athlete, fecking David Gillick would have made it!!

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on November 14, 2018, 03:25:51 PM
Bad footballers just don't win 5 All Ireands and 2 All Stars. He mightn't be your classical player with all the silky skills but he wouldn't be part of the Dublin panel without being a very good footballer. If it was all about being an athlete, fecking David Gillick would have made it!!
My original point. Not worthy of FOTY and shouldn't have gotten in for that goal.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on November 14, 2018, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: SCFC on November 14, 2018, 03:25:51 PM
My original point. Not worthy of FOTY and shouldn't have gotten in for that goal.
TBH, can't remember that goal for Boden but have a vague recollection of it being a decent finish. No?

portlaoisekid

Seems to be a decent crowd going to the match Sunday from town, from what I hear there's numerous buses going. It would be great to get big support there from around the county. It would be big a big boost to the county to see off the Dubs for once.

The PRO

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 21, 2018, 12:11:32 PM
Seems to be a decent crowd going to the match Sunday from town, from what I hear there's numerous buses going. It would be great to get big support there from around the county. It would be big a big boost to the county to see off the Dubs for once.
Can't get there myself on Sunday. Is it on TV?

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on November 22, 2018, 12:51:15 PM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 21, 2018, 12:11:32 PM
Can't get there myself on Sunday. Is it on TV?
Deferred

les Antiques

Yeah deferred until Monday night in the highlights package which is a pity . Connaught final been broadcast live followed by deferred showing of munster final which will be a waste of time .

Laoiseabu

Quote from: les Antiques on November 22, 2018, 02:20:52 PM
Yeah deferred until Monday night in the highlights package which is a pity . Connaught final been broadcast live followed by deferred showing of munster final which will be a waste of time .
Milltown Malbay will have other ideas

les Antiques

From seeing both play recently I can't see Malbay getting within 10 points of Crokes .

Laoiseabu

The last time I seen a Clare football club written off a very certain Portlaoise got Their arses Handed to them by Kilmurry Ibrickane