Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Randalstown starting to improve a lot at underage. Big derby in the semi final.

Sportacus

Quote from: bannside on November 17, 2019, 09:05:33 PM
Strange one! Two clubs normally associated with excellent discipline.
You obviously weren't at the county final a few years ago when Aghagallon beat Rossa.  Was very very ugly.

bannside

I was at that match in Toome alright Spartacus. Within a few feet of said scuffle and was well placed to see what happened and the "principals" from each club who got involved. But I stand by my original opinion that the two clubs involved yesterday would not be clubs I would associate with ill discipline on a regular scale.

Tyrdub

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on November 17, 2019, 09:11:35 PM
Ya reckon? Although it was a small ball game championship match, I can well remember officiating at Shaw's Road & hearing an "everybody in" instruction being issued by an ex-county player.

I've played there for 17 years, and officiated too, and never have i heard a Rossa player shout that out in either code

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on November 17, 2019, 09:49:33 PM
St Galls too slick for us, decent outfit although someone made a comment that St Galls had players from four different clubs! Tell me thats not correct MR2!
2 sanctions allowed only atU21

Cranfield

Good win for our boys yesterday. Moneyglass were disappointing not helped by prenter and Kelly going off early doors. With a couple of lads to come back in we should be stronger the next day. Local derby so should be pretty tense. Any word on venues yet?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Nothing as of yet tho I'm m waiting for us to be sent to Belfast for a neutral semi final lol
hurl like f**k boi!

NatSoSaff

Quote from: Peter john on November 18, 2019, 01:10:46 PM
Two good a semis, Dunloy v St Biddys and Creggan v tir na nog/Antrim 😂

Why the crying laughter emoji PJ?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Our games been fixed for Glenravel this sunday at 11am. other game is in Ahoghill.

both b semi finals are a double header at the 4G Coláiste Feirste
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Brilliant to see more and more Gaelfast activity in r primary's schools almost daily. No doubt this will continue in the weeks and months ahead but what's the plan for these kids when they get to secondary schools? Danger this good work could be wasted is my sense of it

bannside

Thats because you/me/we all have been accustomed to having very little faith in the top officials in our county over a sustained period of time. The youngsters who are receiving the benefit of Gaelfast right now, most aged 6 to 12, thankfully have no inkling or clue about what went on before them, less do they care.

Men like Colie Donnelly Terry Reilly and Pol Mc Cann stepped up and hammered out a deal with HQ for the development of Gaelic Games in Irelands most underdeveloped area per head per capita.

As a result Gaelfast was borne and professional men like Paul Donnelly were recruited to roll out this ambitious programme. Of course their strategy will include continuation and sustainability via secondary education and making sire our best talent is known to development squad mentors. This will take ten years...but thankfully....at long last the process has begun. The day will come when Antrim are punching far higher than what we have become used to.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Peter john on November 20, 2019, 05:58:17 PM
Surely all the numbers Whitehall have and they take sanctions from a neighbouring club,surely playing them before club men off their own,they aren't the only club to do it,but then clubs wonder why the lads that were overlooked vfor say Antrim lads,stop playing and then people ask why they're not playing Res,why they quit , :-\

Or 2 young lads from Antrim don't have an Un21 team to play in and throw the head up and are lost to the association for good.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Peter john on November 20, 2019, 10:09:32 PM
So it's ok for R/town to loose players but not Antrim what the f**k goes on in your head man

Who said Randalstown will lose players?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Peter john on November 20, 2019, 10:49:08 PM
Well how do you know Antrim would,what happens the rest of the Antrim players between 18/21 you Muppet,

You're losing it by being personal, Antrim and Randalstown obviously agreed to this, I've no issues with players opting out for a year or two with a club that will enable them to progress in a championship that they would not have been able to play in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Flanker

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 20, 2019, 08:16:10 PM
Quote from: Peter john on November 20, 2019, 05:58:17 PM
Surely all the numbers Whitehall have and they take sanctions from a neighbouring club,surely playing them before club men off their own,they aren't the only club to do it,but then clubs wonder why the lads that were overlooked vfor say Antrim lads,stop playing and then people ask why they're not playing Res,why they quit , :-\

Or 2 young lads from Antrim don't have an Un21 team to play in and throw the head up and are lost to the association for good.
Peter John has a fair point They do and have lost some of their own. Sanctions from a number of clubs in a number of age groups. Poor form with the numbers and catchment area they have but not surprising. Then wonder why the Inevitable happens