Ryanair

Started by extra time, April 08, 2020, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extra time

Does anyone know if Ryanair are still operating. I havent heard anything for a while. I have flights booked to Faro in May and August. I definitely wont be going anywhere in May and i was wondering what they are doing.

screenexile

No decision has been made past April yet so as of now you're flight will still be going ahead.

It will depend on the FCO/DFA advice which currently states no international travel but this could well change between now and the end of May although nobody knows for sure.

If you're flying in April you can change your flight without a fee or get a full refund but no decision has been made for flights in May.

I'm in pretty much the same boat we've a holiday booked for Salou the last week in May. The campsite we're staying in have said they are gearing up for opening the day we're due to arrive but again that could change if things don't improve in Spain. It's all up in the air pretty much at this stage.

If your travel is not going ahead Ryanair say not to contact them they will contact you 2 weeks before your flight and advise the options you have based on the Government information at that time.

screenexile

Jet 2 have advised yesterday they are not going to start up again until June 17!

extra time

Thanks for that info

screenexile

Got an email just now saying we can change our flight to any other time up to 31st Aug 2020 without paying the fee for changing fare.

We still have to pay the difference in fares and can't change route.

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2020, 12:35:33 PM
Got an email just now saying we can change our flight to any other time up to 31st Aug 2020 without paying the fee for changing fare.

The bastids have you by the balls.

Easyjet done this a few weeks ago however you could book it on any route - only catch was every route had increased significantly in price.

Have decided not to do anything and hope they have to reimburse closer to the time or see what insurance company say

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on April 08, 2020, 12:41:06 PM

The bastids have you by the balls.

Easyjet done this a few weeks ago however you could book it on any route - only catch was every route had increased significantly in price.

Have decided not to do anything and hope they have to reimburse closer to the time or see what insurance company say

If the flight doesn't operate they have to refund you. End of. But they will wait to the bitter end to do that, for their own cashflow reasons.
You'll only be caught if the flight operates and you choose not to go.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Cant change the route?  that's an out and out swindle, passengers should have an option of a voucher to be used on any route within a 12 months period.
I'd process a claim for a full refund via the credit card provider.

Not even Ryanair can cancel a flight and put restrictions on your consumer rights.

Tony Baloney

Have heard nothing from the hoors and we have flights for London in early July. Did you contact them initially or was it a general email?

Taylor

Quote from: Main Street on April 08, 2020, 12:58:11 PM

Cant change the route?  that's an out and out swindle, passengers should have an option of a voucher to be used on any route within a 12 months period.

I'd process a claim for a full refund via the credit card provider.

Be careful asking for a voucher - I wouldnt.

No guarantee some airlines will be in business after this rendering the voucher useless.

Push for a full refund if at all possible

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 08, 2020, 01:02:28 PM

Have heard nothing from the hoors and we have flights for London in early July. Did you contact them initially or was it a general email?

It was a general mail we haven't contacted them.

Pub Bore

Was due to fly with Ryanair on 22 Apr.  Got an email last week offering change of dates or a full refund.  I went for the latter, followed the link in the email and have applied for the refund.  Got an email a couple of days later to say that due to high demand it would take 10-12 days to process.

Taylor

Quote from: Pub Bore on April 08, 2020, 03:18:02 PM
Was due to fly with Ryanair on 22 Apr.  Got an email last week offering change of dates or a full refund.  I went for the latter, followed the link in the email and have applied for the refund.  Got an email a couple of days later to say that due to high demand it would take 10-12 days to process.

I would be delighted to have gotten that timeframe - the reality will be that airlines will stretch out paying the refunds for as long as they possible can

themac_23

Quote from: Pub Bore on April 08, 2020, 03:18:02 PM

got the same, was due to fly to Italy end of the month, only got the email on friday which mentioned refund, maybe they are doing it a month before flights were due instead of all at once so that it gives the staff a chance to process the claims in some sort of order

extra time

Got an email yesterday but only offered a change of flight up to August 31 on the same route. Not much use to me as i have already booked to fly to Faro on 8th Aug returning 22nd. No option of a refund.