Fire in tower block in London.

Started by 5 Sams, June 14, 2017, 05:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 28, 2017, 11:30:06 PM
The tories have lost the media so anything will be used against them and magnified.

They haven't lost their GAA board lackey though.

armaghniac

One year, today.
While there is much about the episode that is disgraceful, the enquiry seems a reasonable effort so far. Let's hope so.
https://www.grenfelltowerinquiry.org.uk/evidence
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

Corbyn joined the silent march to remember the tragedy. Teresa May was out for dinner with elite bankers.

imtommygunn

He is a horrendous individual. His comments on concentration camps weren't good either.

Ambrose

Quote from: MoChara on November 05, 2019, 11:40:45 AM
What a b**tard

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jacob-reesmogg-sparks-fury-by-saying-grenfell-residents-should-have-used-common-sense-and-fled-tower-a4278606.html

Should the residents not have used common sense? He's still a bastard but I have to agree with him on this.

The Fire Brigade used to tell us to 'Get Out, Get The Fire Brigade Out & Stay Out'.

You can't live off history and tradition forever

screenexile

Quote from: Ambrose on November 05, 2019, 12:47:09 PM
What a b**tard

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jacob-reesmogg-sparks-fury-by-saying-grenfell-residents-should-have-used-common-sense-and-fled-tower-a4278606.html

Should the residents not have used common sense? He's still a b**tard but I have to agree with him on this.

The Fire Brigade used to tell us to 'Get Out, Get The Fire Brigade Out & Stay Out'.

It's a different strategy for a tower block like that all previous incidents would have been wait for help but given the cladding and the fact it accelerated the fire and helped spread it the process was obviously flawed and resulted in deaths.

The Fire Brigade weren't to know this would happen but by all accounts the higher ups waited to late to change the strategy which resulted in deaths. . . ultimately the council and its contractors are the main sources of blame though!

ludermor

What a b**tard

Should the residents not have used common sense? He's still a b**tard but I have to agree with him on this.

'Common sense' could have lead to a stampeade and blocked all access from the staircores . There is a reason why 'stay put' advice was gicen on the first instance. I think it is disguisting the way the Fire Servcie are being hung out to dry on this when there are so many faults on so many companies/authorities

LeoMc

What a b**tard

They were supposed to be self contained units. With a house fire you don't typically need to evacuate every house in the street unless they have all been joined up with flammable cladding to spread the fire from one to the next.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ludermor on November 05, 2019, 03:24:23 PM
What a b**tard

'Common sense' could have lead to a stampeade and blocked all access from the staircores . There is a reason why 'stay put' advice was gicen on the first instance. I think it is disguisting the way the Fire Servcie are being hung out to dry on this when there are so many faults on so many companies/authorities
They aren't being hung out to dry. The first thing they have looked at is the night in question which obviously covers the response of the emergency services. They'll get to the root cause later. If everyone says "oh weren't the firemen brave" without critically analysing their response, lessons are not learned.

five points

Whichever goons told the victims to stay put as an inferno raged around them fully deserve to be hung out to dry, and worse.

Denn Forever

Quote from: five points on November 06, 2019, 01:18:35 PM
Whichever goons told the victims to stay put as an inferno raged around them fully deserve to be hung out to dry, and worse.
That is the usual advice except LFB didn't have long ladder enough to make that advice fiasable.  Also not the correct advice when the tower is clad in tinder.     FAIL on planning.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 06, 2019, 01:36:55 PM
That is the usual advice except LFB didn't have long ladder enough to make that advice fiasable.  Also not the correct advice when the tower is clad in tinder.     FAIL on planning.

With hindsight and now knowing that the building was clad in an equivalent to firelighters I think LFB would certainly do things differently.

If the cladding had of been made from a fire retardant rather than an accelerant then most if not all of the residents of Grenfell would have been fine with the stay put policy.

t_mac

What a b**tard

It is actually government policy to stay put and they would have been OK had it not been for the refurb of the tower, there had been fires in the past that were contained.