Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: J OGorman on June 19, 2014, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 19, 2014, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on June 19, 2014, 02:56:41 PM
Cavanagh is getting the thick end of this as he is now the main culprit in a team who are famous for diving. It started on a mass scale in the 2003 Ulster championship. Handy frees in and around the 14/21, easy scores.  Its continued ever since. Do parts the media / certain pundits have it in for Tyrone? Maybe, but its been earned. Cut out the diving and the so called anti-Tyrone agenda ends.
Diving is a fierce blight on what is a physical / manly game

Utter drivel. To pick out Tyrone as being any worse than any other team is an opinion based on nothing more than buying the waffle being spouted in the RTE studio. Dessie Mone gave a couple of masterclasses in diving last day out. Does anyone care? No. Why? Sure Joe hasn't told us to worry about him. It's only "cheating" when Tyrone do it.

but its not drivel. Tyrone are, by some stretch the market leaders here. I dont anyone to tell me that. If it was Donegal, Kerry whoever, I'd call it the same. Its an anti-diving rant

Seriously though - why do you think Dessie Mone's diving (see the ridiculous dive from McGinley's bump, never mind the penalty) wasnt highlighted to at least show balance on the RTE analysis? To only rant about Cavanagh (for a seecond time) does seem to me to be a little bit pre-mediatated and opens them up for suggstions of bias.
That was never a square ball!!

Nally Stand

Quote from: J OGorman on June 19, 2014, 03:08:50 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 19, 2014, 03:04:57 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on June 19, 2014, 02:56:41 PM
Cavanagh is getting the thick end of this as he is now the main culprit in a team who are famous for diving. It started on a mass scale in the 2003 Ulster championship. Handy frees in and around the 14/21, easy scores.  Its continued ever since. Do parts the media / certain pundits have it in for Tyrone? Maybe, but its been earned. Cut out the diving and the so called anti-Tyrone agenda ends.
Diving is a fierce blight on what is a physical / manly game

Utter drivel. To pick out Tyrone as being any worse than any other team is an opinion based on nothing more than buying the waffle being spouted in the RTE studio. Dessie Mone gave a couple of masterclasses in diving last day out. Does anyone care? No. Why? Sure Joe hasn't told us to worry about him. It's only "cheating" when Tyrone do it.

but its not drivel. Tyrone are, by some stretch the market leaders here. I dont anyone to tell me that. If it was Donegal, Kerry whoever, I'd call it the same. Its an anti-diving rant

It's drivel of the highest order, spouted by those who need good ol' Joe to tell them what to think. An anti-diving rant? Is that why you're giving Mone such a hard time? Oh wait....
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

imtommygunn

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 19, 2014, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 19, 2014, 02:21:49 PM
So it's not possible for someone who watched the game on BBC and saw absolutely no RTE coverage of the game to draw the conclusion that they think Cavanagh dived a lot? Is that what you're saying? Every conclusion that Cavanagh dived a lot must have been influenced by Joe Brolly?

You're giving Joe Brolly a lot of credibilitiy there.  As well as various other flaws in your argument...

Is there an 11th commandment with some of you Tyrone posters sometimes "Thou shalt not question Tyrone"?

So it's just a coincidence that the widespread "Cavanagh's a diver" thing only started two Tyrone games ago, when Joe first went on a rant about it? Odd too that the general public aren't hounding Dessie Mone for his diving on Sunday too then, you know, saying as people aren't just being led by Brolly like?

Dessie Mone "out Cavanaghed" Cavanagh at one point on sunday. Yes he dives - Dessie Mone always pushed the boundaries at corner back too. That doesn't excuse him.

Last 15 of Sunday any of the fouls that were "played for" by Cavanagh involved high tackles. HIgh tackles all on a 6'3''+ guy. All by people smaller than him. This dominated the game. All these kind of tackles are yellow or black cards when they're penalised which they mainly are. Not only are these getting scores - they're getting players put either off or in precarious positions. Also they make opposition scared to tackle him. Scared to tackle because they don't want to concede a foul even when they are disciplined in their tackling they are likely to concede a foul because referees are getting suckered in.

I don't know if Joe Brolly said any of that - mainly because I didn't listen to him but those are my personal views on it.

Irrespective of who's at it diving has to stop in the game as it is becomign a blight. Cavanagh is the most high profile guy at it - but he's also the most guilty of it. Being the most high profile doesn't help him but if he wasn't doing it no one would be picking on him?

If Cavanagh is not the most guilty of it and is being victimised then tell me who's worse? Dessie Mone dives but he's not worse than Cavanagh or do you think he is?

screenexile

Quote from: rrhf on June 19, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
When Derry finally produce a footballer capable of lacing Cavanaghs boots we will then start to put this down as something other than nasty begrudgery on behalf of you guys etc..

Fantastic! Football wasn't invented in 2003 and we had plenty of lads fit to lace Cavanagh's boots throughout the 90s! I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to be begrudging as the current Tyrone team haven't achieved anything of real note in a long time.

For the record I've been on about Sean Cavanagh's diving since funnily enough 2003 when he shamefully got Padraig O'Kane sent off in Casement Park long before Brolly started sticking the boot in... he needs to own up to it and cut it the f**k out. Nobody is doubting that when he's not falling around the place he's one of the top footballers in Ireland but for God's sake would he just stop rolling around the place!!!!

The Bearded One

It is what it is. Presumably.

WT4E

Quote from: The_Beard on June 19, 2014, 04:09:23 PM
IN THE NAME OF GOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC!

This mans right close the thread - take a vote - type: CLOSE if you agree

Maguire01

Quote from: The_Beard on June 19, 2014, 04:09:23 PM
IN THE NAME OF GOD PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC!
If only you had the option of not clicking on the thread!

upmonaghansayswe

Have to get my spake in if this does close!.

I always thought giving Tyrone a hammering in the championship would be one of the most satisfying days as a Monaghan supporter!.

But I think I'm wrong...... Beating them by a point and listening to the whinging since is probably even better!!!!

Yeoo!!! Well done lads, its been a great week! UPMONAGHANSAYSWE!!  :D :D

BennyHarp

Ffs, it's a discussion board. If people still want to discuss what's happened then it's still a viable thread. If Cavanagh comes out with that Balotelli statement in the press then of course people are going to discuss it. As someone said, don't open the thread if you aren't interested.
That was never a square ball!!

reddgnhand

Did Brolly not say live on the Sunday game that he used buy free's but it was a different type of cynicism?

weejim

watched 2nd half on sky hd box;

41min.44;  Malone celebrates scoring goal(7 steps) by rushing straight to p harte to goad him.thankfully peter doesn't re-act.

44.47;      dick collision at M/f.tyrone have possession.dick rolling around on ground. ?head injury,ref stops play.

46.00;      dicks up again,he's ok.

47.19;     dick down again, holding head again and rolling around even more this time. stevie oneill is disgusted,slo mo shows      no/minimal contact to head area.stevie yellow card .(wrong again ref)(mc quillan 4 ft away again)

48.16;     dick up again, he's ok again!

50.00;     tyrone get 45, ball-boy kicks ball away when tyrone go to retrieve it.(tyrone aren't allowed ball-boy).

55.29;    dessie mone does well to draw free,runs between 2 tyrone defenders,goes down ,and stays down.

58.11;    high tackle/chop down on sean by dick,tyrone free, No tick/card for dick???

58.26;    mc curry bottled up,ball breaks for tyrone, but ref calls play back,free to mon,mc curry black card , v harsh .

59.55;    bear hug and pull down on sean by Malone,deliberate and cynical,black card correct.

61.20;    Sean targeted again,reckless high tackle by mone, ref consults again,yellow card.

63.13;    line ball to monaghan given by mc quillan, ball clearly goes out off mon no.19 k oconnell who is now laughing at wrong call.

63.53;    Drew wylie goes down, stays down,  ??even more xtra time!
             PS ; dick playing well,isnt showing any after-effects of 2 head injuries.(he's a tough nut).

66.15;    dick tries to take sean out again, but he lands on his arse, sean progresses.

5secs later;    sean pulled down again by Darren hughes,sean holds darrens arm' hughes black card.

69.50;    gallogly bear hugs sean twice,sean goes down eventually when dick joins in,free in ,no card.

71.18;    sean bear hugs Dick,dick goes down easily,( ? to get sean a black card).gets yellow as it was not a pull-DOWN.

72.17;   Tyrone break on attach,final whistle.

2 MINS xtra time played, there were 3MINS xtra time played 1st half with far fewer injuries/stoppages, AMAZING!!!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET A SKY+ BOX INTO RTE STUDIO ASAP SO WE CAN HAVE SOME PROPER ANALYSIS OF GAMES

Rossfan

So - Tyrone won? Monaghan are cheats? Ref was up for Monaghan? Tyrone are pure as the driven snow?  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM