Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 25, 2014, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 03:05:45 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2014, 03:04:19 PM
The bias against Tyrone from some is nauseating. The guy was fouled twice maybe 3 times in a manner that would warrant a black card EOS

I hope that's not aimed at me. I've spent quite a bit of time defending Tyrone when I thought it was necessary. Bias against Wooly on the other hand, guilty as charged.

Why do you dislike Parkinson? I much prefer him and the OFTB team than the dull and repetitive clichés spun out on TSG!

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

imtommygunn

The bias against Tyrone from some is nauseating. The guy was fouled twice maybe 3 times in a manner that would warrant a black card EOS

I hope you see the irony in your post -  your defense against antti tyrone bias is a pro tyrone bias?

AZOffaly

Quote from: WT4E on June 18, 2014, 03:19:23 PM

I hope that's not aimed at me. I've spent quite a bit of time defending Tyrone when I thought it was necessary. Bias against Wooly on the other hand, guilty as charged.

Why do you dislike Parkinson? I much prefer him and the OFTB team than the dull and repetitive clichés spun out on TSG!

A good few reasons to be honest, but as a pundit, mainly I think he's a spoofer. As a pundit do I prefer him to Joe Brolly and Co. Maybe, yes. Having said that, there's a jar of marmalade gone off in my fridge that I'd prefer as a pundit to them lads.

J OGorman

Quote from: WT4E on June 18, 2014, 03:19:23 PM

Agree with AZ, he is a spoofer. Brolly-lite , though,  Joe has forgotten more about football than CP will ever know,  and its mainly about the attention. I quite liked his hair though during his playing days

WT4E

Points taken on Parkinson - Different folks I suppose.

I wonder would that be the majority view on Parkinson?

AZOffaly

Quote from: WT4E on June 18, 2014, 04:01:54 PM
Points taken on Parkinson - Different folks I suppose.

I wonder would that be the majority view on Parkinson?

I'd say he's a polarising figure alright. I do find him entertaining on Newstalk when he's not talking about the GAA, and some of his insights into things that happened off the field with Laois are quite interesting. He's growing on me slightly, but he's still a bluffer I think. I'm sure other people love him.

brokencrossbar1

Wooly to my mind was always a wannabe.  He was never a great footballer but did enough to make people think he had something in him.  Also he was a bit 'different' to the stereotypical footballer and as a result stood out a bit more.  As an analyst he is poor enough.  He tries to be controversial and different with no real substance.  I would place himself and David Brady in the same category, high opinions based on FAS!

imtommygunn

Is he not the Laois equivalent to Kevin McGourty? (Replace name with whoever from your county fits that category!)

AZOffaly

He had talent, but probably not as much as he thought he did. He also seemed to be one of the original Laois lads that got inflated opinions of themselves at a young age, and didn't want to listen to anyone.

I'd rate him as good footballer, not a great one, but someone who seems to hate leaving an opinion unaired, regardless of his knowledge on the subject. As I said, entertaining when you don't really care about the subject matter. Mildly annoying when you do.

Rossfan

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 03:25:07 PM
. As a pundit do I prefer him to Joe Brolly and Co. Maybe, yes. Having said that, there's a jar of marmalade gone off in my fridge that I'd prefer as a pundit to them lads.

;D ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 18, 2014, 03:01:18 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 02:24:53 PM
That's correct WT4E, but also when you are face on, you are entitled to try and play the ball. In fact you are entitled to try and play the ball at any time, you're just not very likely to get it if you're reaching in from behind, and you are more likely to foul that way. That's why we coach footwork and body position as well as the near hand tackle etc.

*However* just because you are out of position and reaching in, that does not necessarily mean you are fouling, and does not entitle a lad to grab you and pull you down on top of him. It's probably bad technique, but it's not illegal technique unless you are actually fouling the man. There's no rule that says you can't tackle the ball from behind, in front, the side or anywhere else.

That's all fine and well AZ and I agree with what your saying.

Problem is in this case its irrelevant considering the fact that Hughes grabbed him and pulled him down equating to a foul
The question is who pulled who own, because regardless of other fouls, that's the only black card offence relevant here.

rrhf

AZOffaly

weejim

watched 1st half on sky+ HD.

5min37.  .dessie mone dives after being nudged from behind by c. McGinley. mone warned by ref.

8min30. vinny corey deliberately hand-trips McGinley TWICE in full view of linesman mcquillan and ref.free given to mon for pickup off ground.strange he sees pickup but not 2  hand trips which are much more obvious and cynical than mccurrys elbow trip.

9th min. .penrose pulled back by Kelly,whistle blows well after foul,ref gives free out for ?overcarrying. very harsh!

14min31..  k hughes slips as he shoots for score, ref DIDNT have his arm raised for advantage so why did he give a free when the ball landed short?  there was NO foul.

16min11... vinny corey dives/goes down easily for soft free,sean protests,there was minimal contact. ?ref conned again!

23min07..  dessie mone goes down easily in box,after hesitation ref gives penalty,then consults via radio again with linesman/standby referee mcquillan and gives mcnabb yellow.it was barely a foul,def not a yellow

28min14..  drew wylie pulls big sean down behind him with his left hand right in front of mcquillan and ref.mon get free.sean doesn't bother protesting(prob assumes both are blind/subconsciously influenced by joe 93 rants)

29min50..  penrose is "taken out" by colin walshe at corner flag, again in full view of ref and mcquillan.!no free,! unbelieveable!!

36min47..  penrose pulls down k duffy by arm.free to tyrone,ref duped again.