Peter Robinson steps down as First Minister!

Started by under the bar, August 16, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Is it just me or does in your face racism seem to be a protestant/unionist/loyalist thing or is there much of it in catholic areas in NI?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
Is it just me or does in your face racism seem to be a protestant/unionist/loyalist thing or is there much of it in catholic areas in NI?

Pretty sure there was a racist attack in West Belfast in the last week that was highly publicised.

haranguerer

Exists everywhere naturally, but much more prevalent and dare I say it, institutionalised, in unionist areas/psyches

armaghniac

Quote from: DennistheMenace on June 13, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

Pretty sure there was a racist attack in West Belfast in the last week that was highly publicised.

Sadly some halfwits in nationalist West Belfast like to ape their loyalist counterparts more than Irish people generally; tattoos, ridiculous flute bands, bonfires complete with flag burning, and now a bit of racism. The difference is that these lunatics operate without any real support from anyone, unlike in Unionist areas where hate is the political philosophy. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Definitely confined to protestant areas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27222896

imtommygunn

It's not definitely confined...

It is considerably more prevalent and the attitudes of leaders etc has a big bearing on this but the likes of that west belfast incident illustrate there are scumbags on "our" side of the fence too!

Also it would seem loyalist paramilitaries have a bearing in the loyalist areas which thankfully seems to be less of an issue on "our" side now.

Jeepers Creepers

And thankfully the residents and local politicians moved quickly to show their support to the family in Sliabh Dubh by holding a rally. Something which has yet to be seen in Loyalist areas, which also highlights the grip they have on their own.

naka

Jeez
Guys there should be no high moral ground on racism.
We as a community should be ashamed and we should not align it along sectarian lines

ziggysego

Quote from: naka on June 13, 2014, 08:24:20 PM
Jeez
Guys there should be no high moral ground on racism.
We as a community should be ashamed and we should not align it along sectarian lines

+ 1
Testing Accessibility

haranguerer

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Rossfan

Maybe the black chap was a Catholic.  ::)
Peter shows his true face again
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2014, 07:20:30 PM
Maybe the black chap was a Catholic.  ::)
Peter shows his true face again

Do the local residents have a right to be angry? Do you know the full story on why they have protested?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

general_lee

It said on the report this morning that they were drinking outside his home; and that he initially thought it was a joke because of this. I'm sure there are other ways to get your views across without having to target a foreign national who hasn't even had the chance to move into his new home.