So that woman who went missing in Ibiza

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 11, 2013, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: Hereiam on July 07, 2014, 09:16:54 AM
Ridiculous that money has been wasted on this documentary. The fact they tried to smuggle drugs was bad enough but then to openly lie about it says a lot.
There are more important things happening in Ireland that this money could have been spent on by RTE.

Yes, agreed, she is easy on the eye.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Lecale2

AQMP

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 07, 2014, 10:10:23 PM
Interesting story.

Yeah, what struck me was the inability and/or unwillingness of her mother and sister to admit that she (Michaella) had done anything wrong.  They were right on the edge of portraying her as some sort of victim in the process.  Seems that the prison isn't quite the hell hole some of the media described at the time.

thebigfella

Quote from: AQMP on July 08, 2014, 10:35:30 AM
Interesting story.

Yeah, what struck me was the inability and/or unwillingness of her mother and sister to admit that she (Michaella) had done anything wrong.  They were right on the edge of portraying her as some sort of victim in the process.  Seems that the prison isn't quite the hell hole some of the media described at the time.

You got that from what?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on July 08, 2014, 10:48:56 AM
Interesting story.

You got that from what?

Well she has a job in the place, hairdressing it seems, had she tried that in the first place she could have avoided going to Peru to buy Quakers Oats
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Interesting story.

You got that from what?

She and Reid are held separately from the other prisoners, she has a job in the prison hairdressing "salon", her family are able to send her money to purchase various items (including shampoo). 

Also according to the Peruvian "drug czar" they got a very light sentence and could be out in less than 3 years.

thebigfella

Quote from: AQMP on July 08, 2014, 11:17:35 AM
Interesting story.

You got that from what?

She and Reid are held separately from the other prisoners, she has a job in the prison hairdressing "salon", her family are able to send her money to purchase various items (including shampoo). 

Also according to the Peruvian "drug czar" they got a very light sentence and could be out in less than 3 years.

We all know what happened in the institutions in this country behind closed doors. Some f**king assumption to make it's not a hell hole based on the above.

By the way I'm not defending them; i'm just pointing out the program offered nothing to back up the place isn't a hell hole or they are getting it easy.

Nally Stand

Interesting story.

They went beyond the edge in that regard long ago, when they set up an online donations site for her legal fees.
http://www.youcaring.com/other/michaella-mccollum-appeal-fund-/84386

So far, people have donated £4,410 to help a drugs smuggler  :-\
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on July 08, 2014, 11:38:36 AM
Interesting story.

You got that from what?

We all know what happened in the institutions in this country behind closed doors. Some f**king assumption to make it's not a hell hole based on the above.

By the way I'm not defending them; i'm just pointing out the program offered nothing to back up the place isn't a hell hole or they are getting it easy.

Well I prefer a shithole prison to a pampered one in fairness, I'd have them slamming rocks for 8 hours a day. The feckers here get sky tv and playstations and 3 free cooked meals (Which we tax payers are paying for)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2014, 12:35:26 PM
Interesting story.

You got that from what?

Well I prefer a shithole prison to a pampered one in fairness, I'd have them slamming rocks for 8 hours a day. The feckers here get sky tv and playstations and 3 free cooked meals (Which we tax payers are paying for)

As do pretty much all the dole jockeys/ DLA's etc that we pay for as well!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on July 08, 2014, 12:36:51 PM
Interesting story.

You got that from what?

As do pretty much all the dole jockeys/ DLA's etc that we pay for as well!

That's a thread all on it's own NAG1

WT4E

I think the girl doesn't deserve to be totally blasted for this. I actually felt sorry for her and the family last night - We all make mistakes (granted this is a big one) and I think she deserves forgiveness and a second chance. I wouldn't like to see her doing the full sentence anyway!

Shamrock Shore

Feck her.

She borrowed waaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond her means.

11 kg of power would fund a whole fcuk load of misery - 6 years or whatever she serves is good enough.

Of course she has family - we all have family. She didn't have the smarts to see where she could end up. Had she been a mule from Nigeria caught in Dublin would we have any sympathy? I doubt it.

Being pretty and from T'rone is not a get out card in my opinion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WT4E on July 08, 2014, 12:41:53 PM
I think the girl doesn't deserve to be totally blasted for this. I actually felt sorry for her and the family last night - We all make mistakes (granted this is a big one) and I think she deserves forgiveness and a second chance. I wouldn't like to see her doing the full sentence anyway!

Have you made the mistake of heading to Peru to smuggle drugs to Spain before? If the girl wasn't from here would you have cared? She has put her family through hell, first part was heading off somewhere without saying and had her family thinking she was missing then she ended up in Peru trying to smuggle 11kilo of cocaine to Spain. With some mad story, ends up she would only have got 5 grand!! I've sympathy for here no doubt, as you have said we have made wrong choices at times but this is beyond dumbass.  She had plenty chances to get out of there but thought she'd stick it out. She moved to Belfast at 16 years of age, bit young don't you think?

deiseach

Got a tour of Mountjoy once and I didn't see much in the way of Sky TV or Playstations. As for three cooked meals a day, should they be only getting bread and water?