China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

So a considerable number of people who died of Covid,didn't actually die of Covid. Can't say I'm surprised, sure will we vaccinate everybody anyway.

armaghniac

A certain number of people died with Covid who may have been very ill. That this number is in any way high is simply a reflection of the extent of infection in nursing homes.The vast majority of people who died did so because of Covid and would otherwise be alive today.
Yes they should vaccinate everyone, that will eliminate the virus.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Rudi is a tin foil hat merchant ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

The death toll from it isn't really accurate. You could argue it skews results either way. Any which way without it there would have been considerably less deaths.

GetOverTheBar

I really can't believe English bars were allowed to open from 0600 this morning. I'm not anti English, but Christ they make it hard.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 04, 2020, 08:52:48 AM
I really can't believe English bars were allowed to open from 0600 this morning. I'm not anti English, but Christ they make it hard.

Think I read somewhere that it's to stop the bars with a 24 hr license to not open at midnight? 6 am is still a bizarre time though. Read a good tweet yesterday saying that if your Qing to get into a bar at 6 then your problems are greater than Covid-19.

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2020, 11:36:18 PM

Rosfan is a manchurian candidate, easily programmed and of no substance. No mention of Karen these days?

seafoid

The Swiss R number now is 2. Govt telling people to avoid bars and clubs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rudi on July 04, 2020, 10:42:51 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2020, 11:36:18 PM

Rosfan is a manchurian candidate, easily programmed and of no substance. No mention of Karen these days?

well played rudi.. i am enjoying the Karen free posts the last few weeks... he was in overdrive there for while..

Rossfan

Ye 2 Covid deniers have taken Karen's place.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 04, 2020, 08:31:29 AM
The death toll from it isn't really accurate. You could argue it skews results either way. Any which way without it there would have been considerably less deaths.

Ireland or worldwide? Former certainly as every probable death was included. The latter I'm not so sure as many countries only counted hospital deaths, USA, Brazil, China for example have far more than they are publishing
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on July 04, 2020, 02:01:58 PM
Ye 2 Covid deniers have taken Karen's place.

i assume that should be yes rather than 'ye'...  I am no Covid denier..

imtommygunn

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 04, 2020, 02:16:04 PM

Ireland or worldwide? Former certainly as every probable death was included. The latter I'm not so sure as many countries only counted hospital deaths, USA, Brazil, China for example have far more than they are publishing

Anywhere. I think some places have far more and some places have less. To be fair I think it's a hard thing to be fully accurate on.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 04, 2020, 06:36:50 PM

Anywhere. I think some places have far more and some places have less. To be fair I think it's a hard thing to be fully accurate on.
Agreed. Some have died and are buried and probably never got tested for the virus.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 04, 2020, 06:36:50 PM

Lots of the "numbers people" on Twitter etc. are using excess mortality as an indicator of Covid deaths,and it predominantly points to a significantly higher number than those issued by the government.