Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 18, 2019, 07:30:23 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on August 17, 2019, 11:47:09 PM
O'neill is gone! Wise move. Knows next year will end in tears.

Has this been confirmed. Always wondered what his input really was. Was he allowed to train the forwards as he wanted or as Mickey said?

Ah come on, his influence on McShane was clear to see. That ability to turn the defender and receive the ball at the same time, the directness and the confidence shoot to on sight had O'Neill's finger prints all over it.
That was never a square ball!!

tyrone08

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 18, 2019, 12:42:34 PM

Has this been confirmed. Always wondered what his input really was. Was he allowed to train the forwards as he wanted or as Mickey said?

Ah come on, his influence on McShane was clear to see. That ability to turn the defender and receive the ball at the same time, the directness and the confidence shoot to on sight had O'Neill's finger prints all over it.

No I agree with you but I wonder if his impact has been limited due to the system we play. A forward coach will have limited impact if they only play 1 forward up front. Thought lee brennan would have been a star under o'Neil as he had the natural forward ability.

Seen an interview recently describing what it's like in dublin dressing room at half time.  Seems abit like American football where the defensive and forward coaches speak to their respective players with Jim saying little. Cant imagine it's like that in the tyrone set up

trailer

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 18, 2019, 12:49:59 PM

No I agree with you but I wonder if his impact has been limited due to the system we play. A forward coach will have limited impact if they only play 1 forward up front. Thought lee brennan would have been a star under o'Neil as he had the natural forward ability.

Seen an interview recently describing what it's like in dublin dressing room at half time.  Seems abit like American football where the defensive and forward coaches speak to their respective players with Jim saying little. Cant imagine it's like that in the tyrone set up

It'd be the Mickey Harte show. All about him. Always was. O'Neill and co are only there for a bit of cover. Harte now runs Tyrone gaa from the top to the bottom. Has installed his men in the top county jobs. Has disappeared any media scrutiny from the largest media broadcaster in Ireland. He runs the town, like it's his own personal country. Stalinesque.

southtyronegael

tyrone08

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 19, 2019, 11:14:12 AM
Stevie o Neill officially gone.

Stevie and Peter now gone. Tyrone not looking good for next year already.

Will expect a more defensive tyrone side next year which is a step backwards.

If anymore personnel leave questions will have to be asked by the county board.

Localexpert

Quote from: trailer on August 18, 2019, 10:30:48 PM

It'd be the Mickey Harte show. All about him. Always was. O'Neill and co are only there for a bit of cover. Harte now runs Tyrone gaa from the top to the bottom. Has installed his men in the top county jobs. Has disappeared any media scrutiny from the largest media broadcaster in Ireland. He runs the town, like it's his own personal country. Stalinesque.

Couldn't agree more.  I know for a fact steven o'neill had little to no say on the team and tactics and his biggest contribution on game day was delivering the water bottles (poisoned or otherwise).  So it is no surprise to me to learn he announced his departure within a week of defeat!

In regards der fuhrer you have to admire how effectively he has seized power.  Installed his yes men into the county board and moved on the problem makers I.e roisin Jordan!

Demanding unwritten oath of allegiance from the players ie rte boycott!

The underage managers are also loyalists and he has went as far as nurturing the cult of the leader himself by actively being involved in coaching the u14s this year!

The party family members even look after the treatment of players throughout the age groups!

His hands are in every pie available and will never ever walk the plank of retirement voluntarily!

The Trap

Localexpert you forgot to mention that Mark Harte was the "man in the stand" and he had more say on things than O'Neill as well. Is there not more to Tyrone that the Harte's?

Angelo

How much of a role did O'Neill have on the transformation of McShane this year. His movement, his shot selection and his ability to get his shots off quickly and accurately this year was a phenomenal improvement in a relatively short space of time.

For next year, irrespective of the composition of the management team, we need to build it around McShane. I'd like to see Donnelly in there as well with someone more natural like McCurry operating very close to them.

I think we're in a better position at the end of this year than last irrespective of the poor result. We now face a sense of purpose and focus in the inside line which we can work off.

I think the squad needs a bit of an overhaul for next year. Quite a few lads there for a few years who haven't really established themselves.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Quote from: Localexpert on August 19, 2019, 12:29:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 18, 2019, 10:30:48 PM

Couldn't agree more.  I know for a fact steven o'neill had little to no say on the team and tactics and his biggest contribution on game day was delivering the water bottles (poisoned or otherwise).  So it is no surprise to me to learn he announced his departure within a week of defeat!

In regards der fuhrer you have to admire how effectively he has seized power.  Installed his yes men into the county board and moved on the problem makers I.e roisin Jordan!

Demanding unwritten oath of allegiance from the players ie rte boycott!

The underage managers are also loyalists and he has went as far as nurturing the cult of the leader himself by actively being involved in coaching the u14s this year!

The party family members even look after the treatment of players throughout the age groups!

His hands are in every pie available and will never ever walk the plank of retirement voluntarily!

Every facet of Tyrone football is now controlled by the Harte Mafia. By doing nothing we are complicit.

Under Lights

Who will be the next coach coming in then lads?

Ciaran Gourley suppose to be a decent coach.

trailer

Quote from: Under Lights on August 19, 2019, 01:24:59 PM
Who will be the next coach coming in then lads?

Ciaran Gourley suppose to be a decent coach.

Under consideration no doubt are...
Mark Harte
Michael Harte
Mickey's window cleaner
A guy Mickey knows from Mass who lifts the collection
Vlad from Romania who washes Mickey's car in Omagh

tyrone08

Rumours have started already about him stepping down due to the supposed water incident.  Dont believe the rumour at all but the timing of his departure isn't great

Under Lights

Rumours now going around that four players have opted out of the panel for the foreseeable. How you opt out in off season I'm not sure what the process is.

trailer

Quote from: Under Lights on August 19, 2019, 04:40:28 PM
Rumours now going around that four players have opted out of the panel for the foreseeable. How you opt out in off season I'm not sure what the process is.

No doubt it involves telling people down the local before informing county manager.