Not born that way

Started by The Iceman, December 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 01:00:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 12:04:52 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 18, 2016, 05:39:30 PM
Just correcting your assumption that folks reading this agreed with your viewpoint.

I assumed nothing just pointing out bullshit. Firstly it was normal then if it came up now he has a timetable. One concludes he is making it up to sound liberal.

Now you're just sounding stupid.

Where is the disconnect between what one considers normal and teaching young kids according to their curiosity and ability to understand.

And why the f**k would anyone make shit up to sound liberal?? ;D

No idea as far I can make out, it seems to be someone full of shit.

Speaking of bullshitters... you ignore (again) the question about where the disconnect apparently exists between something being normal and waiting to teach children about such issues until they're ready.

J70

Quote from: ziggysego on December 19, 2016, 01:25:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 18, 2016, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 08:37:04 AM
I am basing it on inherit human traits, no hetrosexual couple will bring their up with so much exposure and acceptance of homosexuality throughout normal life that they will be all embracing when Johnny brings Mark home.  It is human nature to say anything else you, muppet and the liberals are burying your head in the sand. Note i dont believe you wouldnt accept Mark but your relationship with Johnny i bet would change.

Just because you say it is built into us ("human nature") and inevitable that we would be not be "all embracing" doesn't make it so. (Again, one can't help but feel that you are projecting.)

And what do you know of what anyone here teaches their children about homosexuality? Its the 21st century. Being homosexual is not a big deal anymore, at least in the western world. Its not a pathology or something to be ashamed of or afraid of. Children have to be brought up to accept that it is perfectly ok for people to be different, and should it turn out that they themselves are homosexual, that telling their parents is not one of the issues they have to worry about. Yes, there are bigots and morons out there who won't accept it, but your children can get a hard time for any number of perceived differences. I'd be far more fearful as a parent if my child were black, given the prejudices they still have to face. But that wouldn't mean I would love them or accept them less.

Your wife might have a few questions to answer...

;D

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 01:50:38 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 12:42:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 05:15:35 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 18, 2016, 05:11:32 PM
For the record I have similar views to j70 and those views to me are normal. No wides your views are not normal to me and I find them very close minded.

Thats my christmas ruined. The thread us not born this way trangenders post operation arent. God help all your kids no wonder the world is fecked.

Says the person who apparently thinks it is proper and normal to hit very young kids with all the complexities of life, stuff that is way beyond their level of interest or understanding.

As for transgenders, are they ok in your eyes, pre-op?

That line on it's own sums you up. You are the one who says it was normal, I was asking what age are you going to bring it up with your kids that it is normal, you are a complete bullshitter, and have shown yourself to be that throughout your posts here.

It IS normal. That doesn't mean that a five year old has to understand it or that I as a parent have to discuss it with them before they are ready.

Which I've already said a number of times. It is not a difficult concept to grasp.

So, again, either you're too thick to get that simple concept, or you're on the wind-up. So which is it?

You really are playing a blinder here and you again resort to insults.  Post where i said a five year old needs to know the normal behaviour of homosexuality or transgenders. Post the quote please.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 01:00:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 12:04:52 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 18, 2016, 06:53:39 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on December 18, 2016, 05:39:30 PM
Just correcting your assumption that folks reading this agreed with your viewpoint.

I assumed nothing just pointing out bullshit. Firstly it was normal then if it came up now he has a timetable. One concludes he is making it up to sound liberal.

Now you're just sounding stupid.

Where is the disconnect between what one considers normal and teaching young kids according to their curiosity and ability to understand.

And why the f**k would anyone make shit up to sound liberal?? ;D

No idea as far I can make out, it seems to be someone full of shit.

Speaking of bullshitters... you ignore (again) the question about where the disconnect apparently exists between something being normal and waiting to teach children about such issues until they're ready.

Again quote away kid. You keep saying it is normal i keep asking when you will teach your kids. You said if and when, doesnt sound that normal. I conclude you are a bullshiter who thinks it is chic to be all things liberal behind your keyboard.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 03:45:11 PM
For the record I have similar views to j70 and those views to me are normal. No wides your views are not normal to me and I find them very close minded.

Thats my christmas ruined. The thread us not born this way trangenders post operation arent. God help all your kids no wonder the world is fecked.

Says the person who apparently thinks it is proper and normal to hit very young kids with all the complexities of life, stuff that is way beyond their level of interest or understanding.

That line on it's own sums you up. You are the one who says it was normal, I was asking what age are you going to bring it up with your kids that it is normal, you are a complete bullshitter, and have shown yourself to be that throughout your posts here.

It IS normal. That doesn't mean that a five year old has to understand it or that I as a parent have to discuss it with them before they are ready.

Which I've already said a number of times. It is not a difficult concept to grasp.

So, again, either you're too thick to get that simple concept, or you're on the wind-up. So which is it?

You really are playing a blinder here and you again resort to insults.  Post where i said a five year old needs to know the normal behaviour of homosexuality or transgenders. Post the quote please.

You've spent the past few pages calling me a bullshitter because I consider homosexuality and transgenderism normal, but, apart from a brief discussion of same sex marriage with my five year old, haven't explained it to my young kids yet, choosing to defer until they were curious and then explain in a way they were able to understand at that age.

I have no f**king clue at what exact age we'll address it. As with anything, if they ask, we will give them age appropriate information, with the key being that homosexuality or transgenderism is ok. I've said this again and again, in multiple different ways.

If they haven't asked by the time the birds and the bees stuff becomes a necessity, I guess we'll go into it then. Its not controversial. I would be shocked if it has not come up before then, given that gays and transgenders and all the rest are no longer stuck in the closet and we live in NYC.

Now, for the love of christ, either tell me what is wrong with that approach or shut the f**k up!!!

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 03:59:08 PM

You've spent the past few pages calling me a bullshitter because I consider homosexuality and transgenderism normal, but, apart from a brief discussion of same sex marriage with my five year old, haven't explained it to my young kids yet, choosing to defer until they were curious and then explain in a way they were able to understand at that age.

I have no f**king clue at what exact age we'll address it. As with anything, if they ask, we will give them age appropriate information, with the key being that homosexuality or transgenderism is ok. I've said this again and again, in multiple different ways.

If they haven't asked by the time the birds and the bees stuff becomes a necessity, I guess we'll go into it then. Its not controversial. I would be shocked if it has not come up before then, given that gays and transgenders and all the rest are no longer stuck in the closet and we live in NYC.

Now, for the love of christ, either tell me what is wrong with that approach or shut the f**k up!!!

You are yet again bullshitting. Will you have wee books of Johnny becoming Jenny and shagging Mickey who isnt a homosexual as Jenny now has breasts and can now stand up in a womans loo and take a piss. Take a redner kid.  Ill light a candle for you kids over the holidays.

No wides

The quotes were are they or i suggest you shut the f**k up.😀

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 04:12:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 03:59:08 PM

You are yet again bullshitting. Will you have wee books of Johnny becoming Jenny and shagging Mickey who isnt a homosexual as Jenny now has breasts and can now stand up in a womans loo and take a piss. Take a redner kid.  Ill light a candle for you kids over the holidays.

You're back to the projecting again. If YOU can't imagine something being dealt with in a mature fashion, then it can't happen.

Suit yourself.

No wides

You have covered yourself in glory in this thread, fair fucks even I didn't think you were such a bullshitter.  ;)

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 04:22:58 PM

It does not appear you did.

Doesn't cast the rest of your points in a better light though.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 04:43:48 PM

Correcto - just you bullshitting - I'll accept your apology.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 04:43:29 PM
You have covered yourself in glory in this thread, fair f**ks even I didn't think you were such a bullshitter.  ;)

I'm pretty comfortable with what I've said.

I don't expect enlightenment and open-mindedness and reason to meet me at every turn in real life, so why should this board be any different?

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 04:46:19 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 04:43:29 PM
You have covered yourself in glory in this thread, fair f**ks even I didn't think you were such a bullshitter.  ;)

I'm pretty comfortable with what I've said.

I don't expect enlightenment and open-mindedness and reason to meet me at every turn in real life, so why should this board be any different?

You'll have a tear in my eye next, have one of the GCSE's I give to muppet a few pages back.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 19, 2016, 04:44:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2016, 04:43:48 PM

Correcto - just you bullshitting - I'll accept your apology.

Don't care if you do.

I've no problem admitting mistakes. Honest debate is a good thing. Too bad we don't get it from certain quarters.

Applesisapples

Just reading the crap on here it raises the question as to whether any of those arguing have a gay child. If they had, they would perhaps not be so quick to use terms such as "lifestyle choice". It is insulting in the extreme and denigrates gay people and their families. It is attitudes like this in wider society that causes high rates of depression in the gay community as people struggle to come to terms with their sexuality. Feeling that they are disappointing parents and that they aren't accepted as "normal".