Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

Quote from: downjim on October 30, 2017, 08:55:35 PM
Serious question: if one of your senior players announced that they were joining the psni, how would they be recieved within their community?

Big difference between how it should be treated and how it would be treated I would expect. However local issues aside people don't like their mates joining the cops. When I was in England one of our regular football mates joined the police force shortly before I left. I was back one time and asked about him and it turned out no one spoke to him now. They didn't fall out just all the other lads stopped calling or inviting him places. Just a general feeling they would prefer not to hang around with a copper made them feel uneasy.

wobbller

Serious question: if one of your senior players announced that they were joining the psni, how would they be recieved within their community?
Serious answer Downjim.The whole idea of this is probably beyond your IQ level so just settle down to a level of thought down near the lower echelons of real life and the times where we are currently at in the political process.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: wobbller on November 02, 2017, 02:23:53 AM
Serious answer Downjim.The whole idea of this is probably beyond your IQ level so just settle down to a level of thought down near the lower echelons of real life and the times where we are currently at in the political process.

I don't think you're following the main forum if you think this is a random question out of nowhere.

wobbller

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 02, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
Quote from: wobbller on November 02, 2017, 02:23:53 AM

I don't think you're following the main forum if you think this is a random question out of nowhere.
I am following the main Forum but keep it over there.DownJim needs to be stirring something so let him take his potshot over there among the experts.

Smurfy123

Did downjim stir the soup for sluaghtneil

JimmyFloydMay123

Johnny McCumiskey

After reading today's Irish News about the Loughinisland massacre would any body in there right mind want to join the P.S.N.I.

downjim

Johnny that was disgraceful but should we not be supportive of the youth now who want to change the police ?

Hopefully Poacher is away from Div 1 next season🙏🙏

Targetman

Result from Paul McGirr tournament, Kilcoo 8-10 Castleblaney 1-5

Smurfy123

Poacher going no where
Why would the Harps let the best manager in Down go
He is the man

GAA GAA Land

Quote from: Johnny McCumiskey on November 02, 2017, 07:51:46 PM
After reading today's Irish News about the Loughinisland massacre would any body in there right mind want to join the P.S.N.I.
Strongly suggest you read Brolly's article about Peadar Heffron. I Would hope you wouldn't repeat the mistakes of some Creggan Kickhams members if a player from your club were to join.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: GAA GAA Land on November 05, 2017, 05:14:46 AM
Quote from: Johnny McCumiskey on November 02, 2017, 07:51:46 PM
Strongly suggest you read Brolly's article about Peadar Heffron. I Would hope you wouldn't repeat the mistakes of some Creggan Kickhams members if a player from your club were to join.

You should read what some Kickham's members are writing about the article to see Brolly was incredibly liberal with the truth.

downjim

Castlewellan not happy with Ballyholland

Smurfy123

downjim

They never fielded against Castlewellan but they basically played a senior team versus the mighty  Bridge thirds in a reserve league final  :)