2019 Bord na Móna Walsh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, November 09, 2018, 08:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on November 28, 2018, 10:44:46 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2018, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on November 28, 2018, 08:53:19 AM
I hear a lot of the Rathdowney boys aren't going in. Also rumoured that Healy is going with the footballers, which would be a great shame.
Neither of these are a surprise. Hurling missed its window with cheddar, I don't see any saving it.

What a statement!  :'(
It's true though. Who is going to save it? If not Cheddar and Zoom, then who?

les Antiques

Can understand the decision of the Rathdowney lads to take a time out from the county set-up . Eddie Brennan's focus lies elsewhere presently and it's not actually an ideal scenario.

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2018, 10:49:10 AM
I hear a lot of the Rathdowney boys aren't going in. Also rumoured that Healy is going with the footballers, which would be a great shame.
Neither of these are a surprise. Hurling missed its window with cheddar, I don't see any saving it.

There's the problem right there. People sitting around waiting to be saved as if they are not capable of contributing. Yes Cheddar and Pat are superb but we must have other leaders capable of organizing people.

Don Draper

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on November 28, 2018, 02:34:11 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2018, 10:49:10 AM

There's the problem right there. People sitting around waiting to be saved as if they are not capable of contributing. Yes Cheddar and Pat are superb but we must have other leaders capable of organizing people.
No it's not. The problem is Cheddar put his heart and soul into as did and has Pat and yet the clubs still had to try and fight back. Who's going to unite them if those two can't?

Blow-in

Brennan still hurling surely a hinderence

Blow-in

Also all Rathdowney/Errill players who were called in are back in training.

burdizzo

I heard that Ross King and James Ryan, specifically, were out. Hope you're right, though.

Blow-in

Apologies Ryan is out as he is doing his final Law exams. Seemingly not hurling with the club until Champ. King is back though

Mad Mentor

Seems like the Rathdowney Errill lads have more love for Laois hurling than the county board.

Don Draper

Quote from: Mad Mentor on November 28, 2018, 07:39:08 PM
Seems like the Rathdowney Errill lads have more love for Laois hurling than the county board.
Rathdowney Errill have never left Laois GAA down. They'd have been well within their rights to do so on this occasion, but credit to them.

Sadly they, and the rest of those who put their shoulders to the wheel in Laois hurling get nothing back from their county board.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Batman!!! on November 28, 2018, 06:52:50 PM
Apologies Ryan is out as he is doing his final Law exams. Seemingly not hurling with the club until Champ. King is back though

Surprised to hear Ross King is back . Fair play to him if he is. Bigger man than all the Count Board cowards put together

burdizzo

Absolutely, fair play to him is right. And thanks for clearing that up Batman!!!.

redsetanta

Interesting to see Eddie Brennan up against selector Tommy Fitz in the intermediate final this weekend. It certainly wouldn't have been a consideration when he took the job!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mossy Bruce

Seven days until the Offaly match--

Do we have a bainisteoir on deck? Do we have 15 committed to play?

:-\
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

merman

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on December 02, 2018, 05:11:57 AM
Seven days until the Offaly match--

Do we have a bainisteoir on deck? Do we have 15 committed to play?

:-\

These pre-season games are a bit of an inconvenience to be honest Bruce.

The lads are training away and reports are generally quite positive. They'll be a bit leggy and we'll see new lads and different positions trialled. Some lads will show well on heavy ground, others won't.
Lads away in College will be carefully managed.
Incredibly, we also still have pretty much an entire U21 Championship to run off.

Don't read too much into it.
The fun will all start in the spring.