Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

I'd go a step further. The county should allocate a sizeable annual contribution to Saffron Gael..in effect they have a private firm doing their PR and Marketing, and not only that, do it exceptionally well. They're certainly not making money out of the venture atm, and need all the support possible to make this sustainable.

The biggest value is the promotion of our games to the next generation. How can you put a price on this??

Last Man

faughs

Quote from: bannside on September 15, 2019, 10:29:48 AM
I'd go a step further. The county should allocate a sizeable annual contribution to Saffron Gael..in effect they have a private firm doing their PR and Marketing, and not only that, do it exceptionally well. They're certainly not making money out of the venture atm, and need all the support possible to make this sustainable.

The biggest value is the promotion of our games to the next generation. How can you put a price on this??

100%

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on September 15, 2019, 10:29:48 AM

You've never made a more sensible point BS. Curly, Paddy & the crew do a fantastic job.

imtommygunn

It generates so much enthusiasm- particularly when you're not from clubs involved. A huge asset and I would be surprised were there anything as good in any county in Ireland. I hope at some stage they get national recognition. (Teamtalk in Tyrone supposed to be very good too).

bannside

We need to get a club to sponsor this motion at next years convention. Simple as!

Hoof Hearted

And a draw!!
Back to colaiste feirste on Wed night ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bogieman

naw, sure it would be too much advantage to the jonnies, home training pitch, previous champo experience on it, etc

the bog warriors would be up in arms.

PSS I reckon the keepers could score from the puck out.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

heard 2 or 3 different venues on the way home for that replay. between colaiste feirste, Ballymena for a weds night and then our own pitch this weekend.

Either way St johns will yet again be kicking themselves they didn't get it over the line. Fair play to Cdall as they looked dead and buried but they got the draw at the end. It was a game that went one way and then back again esp in the first half. Cdall were well in control and then St Johns hit 6 unanswered scores to get back in it again.

As for our game, thank god its over. I swear you dont need anymore games like that in a season lol

i wont lie, i was very quietly confident we would get the job done this time. last year was a real learning curve for our team and Lgiel taught them a lesson that day. It was made harder work than we needed to at the end up as with 4 points to the good we should of seen that game out. But fair dues to Lgiel, they could of got a goal at the end up.

a tough game and a good contest between the teams.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 16, 2019, 08:50:23 AM
heard 2 or 3 different venues on the way home for that replay. between colaiste feirste, Ballymena for a weds night and then our own pitch this weekend.

Either way St johns will yet again be kicking themselves they didn't get it over the line. Fair play to Cdall as they looked dead and buried but they got the draw at the end. It was a game that went one way and then back again esp in the first half. Cdall were well in control and then St Johns hit 6 unanswered scores to get back in it again.

As for our game, thank god its over. I swear you dont need anymore games like that in a season lol

i wont lie, i was very quietly confident we would get the job done this time. last year was a real learning curve for our team and Lgiel taught them a lesson that day. It was made harder work than we needed to at the end up as with 4 points to the good we should of seen that game out. But fair dues to Lgiel, they could of got a goal at the end up.

Brendan McTaggart seems to think its next Sunday at 1pm in Dunloy.

faughs

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 16, 2019, 08:50:23 AM

Big difference in Dunloy conditioning this year - last year there were a few light boys - this year  they have become men. Loughgiel need to say goodbye to their All Ireland generation and move on.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i had heard that as well from a few people that Lgiel need to have a clear out and allow that good group of minors to blend in. they need time to bed in and it could take a few years but they will come good.

Still think Liam Watson has a place to play for. he hurled well in at 14 and was a real handful in there. hit a peace of a point in front of us that was top drawer.

Our lads have improved from last year and its showing in their physical shape now. still a lot more to come from them all.
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Found both games really negative yesterday with all 4 teams playing some form of sweeper system. We got 2 goals, one from the worst poc out I've ever seen. So across 2 matches only really 1 goal created and scored from good open play. With the quality of forwards on show you'd have expected more goals than that. Dunloy's to loose at this stage...

NAG1

I would say in truth two poor enough games.

Exciting as they were, it was more for the scorelines than the standard.

Pearse Blue

Was it a shock for Faughs to win? Were they not big underdogs going into it?