London Hotels - any ideas

Started by hectorsheroes, April 05, 2012, 12:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hectorsheroes

4 lads heading over for a weekend in May - wanted to stay somewhere central or where there is a bit of craic - bars and thats - looking for two twin rooms for two nights - a Friday and a Saturday - stayed in a place in Bloomsbury before which was sound but its crazy pricey now. I've registered with late rooms to help - sounds like London Bridge and Covent Garden are the spots but if anyone can recommend any hotels it'd be much appreciated

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

hectorsheroes

Cheers for that - will definitely have a look there - anyone else have any hotel recommendations?

Rois

The London Bridge hotel is lovely, staying there in a couple of weeks myself.  The Hilton at London Bridge is prob extortionate but nice.  There's also a few Novotels in the vicinity - I've def stayed in one where it was walking distance from London Bridge and it was lovely.

Not sure what the prices are like - try a site called Hotwire that doesn't tell you the name of the hotel, just the general location, but worked a treat for me in NYC.

sheamy

Nice modern hotel with good food and beer, free wifi etc is the Hoxton.

http://www.hoxtonhotels.com

about 10-15 mins walk from Liverpool St. Nearest Tube Old St.

ludermor

It could be worth chancing your arm at lastminute.com topsecret hotels. You take a chance on the location but usually can find out where the hotel is by doing a bit of research. The price of Hotels in london really is mental.

vxopel

Streams Of Pleasure at Central Station pub in Kings Cross  ;)

hectorsheroes

Thanks for the guidance folks - will get something booked tonight

snatter

I'd go with the lastminute.com topsecret hotels - they usually give very good deals on hotels in the City that are emptier at weekends (financial quarter). Bit dead at weekends, but you're only a tube or cab away from west end, or the altogether trendier Hoxton / Old Street, or even Borough, just south of the river.