Cantona eat your heart out

Started by Up The Middle, May 05, 2011, 10:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

ludermor

Looks like a Junior game in Wicklow

AZOffaly

Is a lifetime ban a bit harsh? A brutal, cowardly belt, but would a year not have been sufficient?

Lar Naparka

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 12:49:25 PM
Is a lifetime ban a bit harsh? A brutal, cowardly belt, but would a year not have been sufficient?
This is not Offaly, brother, is it? ;D
He should have got a spell in the clink.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Billys Boots

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 12:49:25 PM

Are you practicing for a spell on the Cork County Board?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Seriously lads? Maybe I'm completely off base, but while it was a completely dispicable assault, would ye ban him for life?

Jail might have been in order for a bit of GBH, but I'd have said a years ban would be a fair punishment.

brokencrossbar1

Cowardly act and to be honest deserves a long term ban, maybe 2 years, but the reality is that it would not have done any real damage to the lad he hit.  He walloped him in the middle of the back and bar some stud marks and maybe a cracked rib your man will be alright.  GBH me arse!

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 05, 2011, 01:10:38 PM
Cowardly act and to be honest deserves a long term ban, maybe 2 years, but the reality is that it would not have done any real damage to the lad he hit.  He walloped him in the middle of the back and bar some stud marks and maybe a cracked rib your man will be alright.  GBH me arse!

Thank God someone agrees with me. I thought I'd woken up as a mad Meath Man for a while.

liihb

Why do soccer lads always fight like that - jumping with the feet
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Banana Man

lifetime ban seems harsh, dirty action and gave your man no chance but 48 week suspension would be the norm surely...

right enough it was all kicks and boots not one dig threw - headers

EagleLord

Banana Man

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 01:55:08 PM

Thank God someone agrees with me. I thought I'd woken up as a mad Meath Man for a while.

I saw more entertaining encounters than that on our home pitch. One day there was full set of one-on-one/two-vs-two punch-ups going on and everybody was so engaged in their own set-to that nobody noticed that the opposition had departed from the spirit of the occasion and three of the subs had ganged up on our goalkeeper, who was getting tullyallen bet out of him down at the bottom of the pitch. Nobody except one of his mates on the sideline, who jumped in his car and careered down the pitch, where he opened the passenger door, gave a shout and the goalie sprinted to safety. That was before we ever heard of navy seals and nobody got shot or anything.

Banana Man

Quote from: Hardy on May 05, 2011, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 05, 2011, 01:55:08 PM

I saw more entertaining encounters than that on our home pitch. One day there was full set of one-on-one/two-vs-two punch-ups going on and everybody was so engaged in their own set-to that nobody noticed that the opposition had departed from the spirit of the occasion and three of the subs had ganged up on our goalkeeper, who was getting tullyallen bet out of him down at the bottom of the pitch. Nobody except one of his mates on the sideline, who jumped in his car and careered down the pitch, where he opened the passenger door, gave a shout and the goalie sprinted to safety. That was before we ever heard of navy seals and nobody got shot or anything.

Good job it wasn't our old keeper - if he had to 'sprint' to safety anywhere he would be in big diffs  :D

laoislad

Quote from: liihb on May 05, 2011, 02:37:27 PM
Why do soccer lads always fight like that - jumping with the feet

Sure ask Kilkenny's John Dalton...oh wait he isn't a soccer player
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.