Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryforsam20

Quote from: marty34 on November 01, 2020, 02:14:47 PM
No. 7 should get a red for that dive. Typical Tyrone..if it's not hair get ruffled, it's a tickle to the ear.

In fairness a few Donegal not shy to hold the head when been tackled.

tonto1888

Quote from: greatpoint on November 01, 2020, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 01, 2020, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on November 01, 2020, 08:28:48 PM
How'd the young fella who came back from Australia get on?

Honestly, imho underwhelming, was keeping an eye for him to see what extra he brought to the team, but nothing special.  A solid league next year should be more of an indication of how important he will be for Derry.

I thought he was from Tyrone?

McKenna in tyrone and Glass in Derry

marty34

Quote from: tonto1888 on November 01, 2020, 09:02:26 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on November 01, 2020, 08:50:41 PM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 01, 2020, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on November 01, 2020, 08:28:48 PM
How'd the young fella who came back from Australia get on?

Honestly, imho underwhelming, was keeping an eye for him to see what extra he brought to the team, but nothing special.  A solid league next year should be more of an indication of how important he will be for Derry.

I thought he was from Tyrone?

McKenna in tyrone and Glass in Derry

I'd give them lads another 6 months and see what tbey're like then.  Unfair to judge them niw and them only back a few weeks.

They'll be decent assets I'd imagine when they settle into it.

screenexile

I thought it was a risk that didn't pay off playing Glass he hasn't had enough game time.

Give him a few months of training and Club football and I think he could be a force for us but he was thrown in there and wasn't ready for Championship.

phpearse

Just thought Donegal closed that game out yesterday very well. We got them back level, 1-9 apiece and then two great scores to win the match. Their goal and the last two points meant they were deserving winners on the day. That said Tyrone could have won. The two frees brought forward were criminal. In a game of small margins those were give aways. Tyrone were scrambling in the final 10 minutes, Donegal showed more composure and their bigger more powerful men were better in the conditions.

Donegal have a right chance this year. Pity the likes of Dublin or Kerry don't have to travel to Ballybofey for a knock out Championship match in the mud and rain. That would test them.

tbrick18

Quote from: screenexile on November 01, 2020, 11:03:02 PM
I thought it was a risk that didn't pay off playing Glass he hasn't had enough game time.

Give him a few months of training and Club football and I think he could be a force for us but he was thrown in there and wasn't ready for Championship.

We don't have enough in terms of big strong athletic players and I'd say the thinking was he could compete physically with the more imposing Armagh players. Glass did Ok. Would we have anyone who would have done any better at MF?
I'd have been tempted to throw glass into FF for 10 mins and kick some ball in on top of him to see what would happen.
If nothing else, it will help bring him on for next season.

Taylor

Bitterly disappointed with the game yesterday on so many levels.

I have defended him in the past but MH had a stinker yesterday - McCurry, Canavan & Kennedy all taken off when other players underperformed is sickening.
McKernan - he got tapped and dropped but then the laying on the ground for 3mins topped it all!
Why did Brennan get the yellow card? He either hit him or he didnt. Red or nothing.
Cavan Joe (the above incident aside) done ok I thought, in difficult conditions.
We missed a lot of simple scores in last 10 - including taking a point when there was a goal opportunity.
Mouthing at referees & the ball moved up has to stop.
Donegal will destroy Armagh - difference in intensity between both games was clear as day

Itchy

Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 12:39:58 PM

I have defended him in the past but MH had a stinker yesterday - McCurry, Canavan & Kennedy all taken off when other players underperformed is sickening.
McKernan - he got tapped and dropped but then the laying on the ground for 3mins topped it all!
Why did Brennan get the yellow card? He either hit him or he didnt. Red or nothing.
Cavan Joe (the above incident aside) done ok I thought, in difficult conditions.
We missed a lot of simple scores in last 10 - including taking a point when there was a goal opportunity.
Donegal will destroy Armagh - difference in intensity between both games was clear as day

Did you see what he put up on twitter that evening too?

Taylor

Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2020, 01:12:15 PM

I did.

One one level it was a stupid irresponsible thing to do and he should rise above it rather than take the bait. In addition it was taking a mans personal life into it.

However other people will say JB is giving out abuse so he has to expect to take some back no matter how low it is. Brolly has taken plenty of cuts at players. Doubt he will take another cut at McKernan when he sees what could be coming back.

imtommygunn

What did he say? Brolly has got very personal with insults anyway so can hardly complain if someone is doing it to him.

five points

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 02, 2020, 01:22:49 PM
What did he say? Brolly has got very personal with insults anyway so can hardly complain if someone is doing it to him.

Footage from a nightclub of a certain loudmouth pundit touching up a young one.

imtommygunn

Ah right. Probably not a great reaction but hard to have sympathy for Brolly with how he conducts himself.

Angelo

Tbf like most of the Derry slabberers, Brolly went very quiet when he got a dose of his own back.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

BennyCake

I noticed Brolly had tweeted quite a bit during the match. Someone can't bear not to be in the limelight. I'm sure he'll try to have his own TV Twitter show for the rest of the championship. Everyone should just ignore the attention seeker.

By the way, what happened to him being on BBC NI's coverage? Hopefully that's all fell through!

Itchy

Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2020, 01:12:15 PM

I did.

One one level it was a stupid irresponsible thing to do and he should rise above it rather than take the bait. In addition it was taking a mans personal life into it.

However other people will say JB is giving out abuse so he has to expect to take some back no matter how low it is. Brolly has taken plenty of cuts at players. Doubt he will take another cut at McKernan when he sees what could be coming back.

For me if Brolly had made a personal attack on him then fair enough game. But did he not just call him out on diving and feigning injury unless I missed something else? I think it was a low enough act but maybe McKernan was projecting outwards his anger at what he did himself.