Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: BennyCake on November 01, 2020, 04:45:14 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 01, 2020, 04:43:21 PM
Isn't it an awful f**king shame that Rory Gallagher still gets work?

What do you mean 'work'? Are you implying he's being paid?
Doing it out of the goodness of his heart same as the rest of the managers ;) ;)

RedHand88

Of all the anti tyrone nonsense I've read today I think the worst is "it isn't a penalty if he touches it on the ground because the conditions are bad".
Also, I don't think I saw anyone trying to defend McKernans behaviour, we all know what he did. We aren't proud of it.
However, it should have been a red card. A strike to the head with your hand (when the ball is out of play!) Is unquestionably a sending off. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know the rules or is blinded by their anti-tyrone bias.
/rant

currychip

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 01, 2020, 05:34:47 PM
Of all the anti tyrone nonsense I've read today I think the worst is "it isn't a penalty if he touches it on the ground because the conditions are bad".
Also, I don't think I saw anyone trying to defend McKernans behaviour, we all know what he did. We aren't proud of it.
However, it should have been a red card. A strike to the head with your hand (when the ball is out of play!) Is unquestionably a sending off. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know the rules or is blinded by their anti-tyrone bias.
/rant

You summed it up well.  You can't connect with a person's head, otherwise it's a red.  McKiernan's reaction was pathetic.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: currychip on November 01, 2020, 05:42:27 PM
/rant

You summed it up well.  You can't connect with a person's head, otherwise it's a red.  McKiernan's reaction was pathetic.

So, by that definition should McKiernan been sent off for his 'strike' on Murphy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2020, 05:45:37 PM
/rant

So, by that definition should McKiernan been sent off for his 'strike' on Murphy?

I missed it in live play but if he's stuck him on the head then yes.

Angelo

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 01, 2020, 05:52:50 PM
/rant

McKernan struck the ball which then hit Murphy in the face if that's the incident being referred to. Not a red card.

Brennan's is a textbook red card.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 01, 2020, 05:52:50 PM
/rant

He did.. but it's a red card for snowflakes.

He tapped Murphy on the face/head area after he punched ball out of his arm Angelo, you missed it no doubt
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Can't be bothered reading back through the last numbers of pages.
McKernan made a meal of it tho technically should have been red. No complaints with the yellow considering.
Thought it was a really good game in terrible conditions. There was always going to be handling errors, misplaced passes etc and there were plenty. But lacked nothing in the physical stakes. If the rest o the championship holds up to the same levels, a winter AI might not be too bad.

For Tyrone, we weren't far away against a strong Donegal side that I think will do well. Plenty to look forward to next year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

illdecide

Armagh just laboured over the line but i'll take that all day long. Have a mammoth task to try and defeat this Donegal team. Tyrone and Donegal would be the 2 best teams in Ulster so Armagh have it all to do. On the flip side there will be little pressure on them as Donegal will be red hot favourites. Will this game be in Clones? And is it safe to assume it's in two weeks time?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

RedHand88

Quote from: illdecide on November 01, 2020, 06:29:42 PM
Armagh just laboured over the line but i'll take that all day long. Have a mammoth task to try and defeat this Donegal team. Tyrone and Donegal would be the 2 best teams in Ulster so Armagh have it all to do. On the flip side there will be little pressure on them as Donegal will be red hot favourites. Will this game be in Clones? And is it safe to assume it's in two weeks time?

Yes two weeks away.

greatpoint

How'd the young fella who came back from Australia get on?

Ethan Tremblay

Mixed feelings towards that Armagh game. 

Armagh again showing they are incompetent of putting the game beyond doubt when its all in their favour, Donegal will tear them apart if they give them the 10/15mins of a purple patch Armagh seem to be allowing teams at the moment.   

Their forward line as expected firing on all cylinders, and their defence looked more assured and confident.  I'm not sure if the bad conditions favour the Armagh backline, but they looked good today.

Derry were ok and showed glimpses, but even when they taken the game back to a point their body language said gave the impression they would not win. 

Some great scores from both sides also considering. 

On the Mc Kernan incident, I think it's a bit of gamesmanship taken to a new level and takes away from the ethos of the game.  I'm sure he will look back on that with a bit of embarrassment/disappointment.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

lenny

Quote from: illdecide on November 01, 2020, 06:29:42 PM

Thought the 2 keepers were very good but blaine hughes in particular was excellent. His kickouts were brilliant.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: greatpoint on November 01, 2020, 08:28:48 PM

Honestly, imho underwhelming, was keeping an eye for him to see what extra he brought to the team, but nothing special.  A solid league next year should be more of an indication of how important he will be for Derry. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

greatpoint

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 01, 2020, 08:35:03 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on November 01, 2020, 08:28:48 PM

Honestly, imho underwhelming, was keeping an eye for him to see what extra he brought to the team, but nothing special.  A solid league next year should be more of an indication of how important he will be for Derry.

I thought he was from Tyrone?