Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2020, 03:09:43 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2020, 01:12:15 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 12:39:58 PM
Bitterly disappointed with the game yesterday on so many levels.

I have defended him in the past but MH had a stinker yesterday - McCurry, Canavan & Kennedy all taken off when other players underperformed is sickening.
McKernan - he got tapped and dropped but then the laying on the ground for 3mins topped it all!
Why did Brennan get the yellow card? He either hit him or he didnt. Red or nothing.
Cavan Joe (the above incident aside) done ok I thought, in difficult conditions.
We missed a lot of simple scores in last 10 - including taking a point when there was a goal opportunity.
Mouthing at referees & the ball moved up has to stop.
Donegal will destroy Armagh - difference in intensity between both games was clear as day

Did you see what he put up on twitter that evening too?

I did.

One one level it was a stupid irresponsible thing to do and he should rise above it rather than take the bait. In addition it was taking a mans personal life into it.

However other people will say JB is giving out abuse so he has to expect to take some back no matter how low it is. Brolly has taken plenty of cuts at players. Doubt he will take another cut at McKernan when he sees what could be coming back.

For me if Brolly had made a personal attack on him then fair enough game. But did he not just call him out on diving and feigning injury unless I missed something else? I think it was a low enough act but maybe McKernan was projecting outwards his anger at what he did himself.

Yes it was the diving and feigning of injury from what I could see.

However he may have been sick of Brolly having a cut at Tyrone in general.

I guess only the man himself can answer that.

Either way I hope thats the end of it from both perspectives.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2020, 03:09:43 PM
Quote from: Taylor on November 02, 2020, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 02, 2020, 01:12:15 PM

I have defended him in the past but MH had a stinker yesterday - McCurry, Canavan & Kennedy all taken off when other players underperformed is sickening.
McKernan - he got tapped and dropped but then the laying on the ground for 3mins topped it all!
Why did Brennan get the yellow card? He either hit him or he didnt. Red or nothing.
Cavan Joe (the above incident aside) done ok I thought, in difficult conditions.
We missed a lot of simple scores in last 10 - including taking a point when there was a goal opportunity.
Donegal will destroy Armagh - difference in intensity between both games was clear as day

Did you see what he put up on twitter that evening too?

I did.

One one level it was a stupid irresponsible thing to do and he should rise above it rather than take the bait. In addition it was taking a mans personal life into it.

However other people will say JB is giving out abuse so he has to expect to take some back no matter how low it is. Brolly has taken plenty of cuts at players. Doubt he will take another cut at McKernan when he sees what could be coming back.

For me if Brolly had made a personal attack on him then fair enough game. But did he not just call him out on diving and feigning injury unless I missed something else? I think it was a low enough act but maybe McKernan was projecting outwards his anger at what he did himself.

I agree, Brolly, like everyone else, is a mere spectator, commenting on the game as he sees it, McKeirnan response was juvenile and in haste most likely and uncalled for. 

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Main Street

There was no strike with the hand,  the ref Joe correctly deemed it to be a push with the hand, therefore a yellow.
The only mystery  is why Joe didn't give a yellow card to McKernan for blatantly feigning an injury.

I don't remember if tyronies actually thought the ref was correct to give a red card to Darren Hughes for his alleged "striking action"  on McCann  in that infamous  day in croke park?

Milltown Row2

I firmly believe he didn't red card him because the linesman/umpire or fourth official now, said there's nothing in it and your man went down like he was hit by a bus!!

Maybe if Joe seen it first hand he might have sent him off.

I hate sending someone off on someone else's call, but it's ultimately the refs call, regardless of what the officials said, I believe.

If a Tyrone man had have been sent off for that we'd be into 2000 pages by now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Honestly, it looked to me to be much more in line with what Tyrone's Brennan did to Michael Murphy in the league game a few weeks ago than a "strike".

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2020, 08:25:33 PM
I firmly believe he didn't red card him because the linesman/umpire or fourth official now, said there's nothing in it and your man went down like he was hit by a bus!!

Maybe if Joe seen it first hand he might have sent him off.

I hate sending someone off on someone else's call, but it's ultimately the refs call, regardless of what the officials said, I believe.

If a Tyrone man had have been sent off for that we'd be into 2000 pages by now
The linesman was closest to the situation so he probably was the bearer of the witness report to Joe. That meant  in all probability the linesman  said it wasn't a strike, therefore a push of sorts, still McKernan should have been carded as well.

restorepride

Quote from: Main Street on November 02, 2020, 08:18:45 PM

There was no strike with the hand,  the ref Joe correctly deemed it to be a push with the hand, therefore a yellow.
The only mystery  is why Joe didn't give a yellow card to McKernan for blatantly feigning an injury.

I don't remember if tyronies actually thought the ref was correct to give a red card to Darren Hughes for his alleged "striking action"  on McCann  in that infamous  day in croke park?
Blind leading the blind.

nrico2006

Joe Brolly got what he deserved.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Canavan and Kennedy have both struggled with injuries recently. I'd say that combined with playing on such a heavy pitch was probably the main reason they were taken off. Not sure if there was much left in Kennedy in particular and we had struggled badly in the middle in the period before he went off.

Angelo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 03, 2020, 08:13:08 AM

Canavan and Kennedy have both struggled with injuries recently. I'd say that combined with playing on such a heavy pitch was probably the main reason they were taken off. Not sure if there was much left in Kennedy in particular and we had struggled badly in the middle in the period before he went off.

I thought Kennedy was our only presence in the middle of the pitch before being removed, it was a bad call. He may have been tiring but we missed him there when he went off and he had won an awful lot of ball in the middle of the pitch.

Kilpatrick was surely worth a run too.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

twohands!!!

Did Canavan not pick up a knock in a collision a few minutes before he went off ?

redzone

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 03, 2020, 10:25:38 PM

Did Canavan not pick up a knock in a collision a few minutes before he went off ?
He did indeed, was checked for concussion prior to being taken off

Eire90

Provincial championships are better and mean more when its knockout and no all Ireland backdoor

Rossfan

Antrim a point up at ht as Cavan look like they only had to turn up to wi  it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on November 07, 2020, 01:59:59 PM
Antrim a point up at ht as Cavan look like they only had to turn up to wi  it.

Antrim might buck up a bit now that the GAA, like Cromwell, are threatening to send them to Connacht.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B