Heights & Weights

Started by Jinxy, July 13, 2008, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

This is a little bugbear of mine. The physical stats given for players in matchday programmes and the Sunday Game are all over the shop. According to TSG, the Clare centre back is 6 foot tall and 11 stone. I was 11 stone making my confirmation FFS! Is it that hard to get accurate info?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

i saw that as well, i was thinkin, for f**k sake, do they actually weigh anyone or just go "give us a look at ye". Wouldnt be surprised either.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

rosnarun

Quote from: Jinxy on July 13, 2008, 03:54:15 PM
This is a little bugbear of mine. The physical stats given for players in matchday programmes and the Sunday Game are all over the shop. According to TSG, the Clare centre back is 6 foot tall and 11 stone. I was 11 stone making my confirmation FFS! Is it that hard to get accurate info?

11 stone at what age? 12? I think you had a problem . or maybe it just a memory one
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Denn Forever

5' 6" and 12 stone and been that weight since I was 17.  Only a beanpole could be 6' tall and 11 stone!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Jinxy

Quote from: rosnarun on July 13, 2008, 11:20:06 PM

11 stone at what age? 12? I think you had a problem . or maybe it just a memory one

I was just messing. ::) I was 10 1/2 stone.

MayoMan

Jais you were a big ladeen!!  :P

Jinxy

rosnarun

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 13, 2008, 11:34:10 PM
5' 6" and 12 stone and been that weight since I was 17.  Only a beanpole could be 6' tall and 11 stone!

or else some one who was fit . 11 stone in boxing term is  just under middleweight   I dont think Steve collins would ever be describes as either small or overly skinny also think hagler hearns et al
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AZOffaly

When I played, I was 6' 1'' (Still am) and 10 stone 7lbs. (Still amn't :D).

Jinxy

Sure even the Gooch weighs more than 11 stone.

imtommygunn

I doubt there's a county player out there who's 11 stone...

Unless maybe Kevin McMenamim from Donegal. He's the smallest I can think of.

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads. Some of them are so slim now it's unreal. Granted their muscle definition is much greater than my day, when thin was skinny, but even allowing for the fact that muscle is heavier than fat, I can easily believe some of them are 11 stone. I remember meeting Pauil Shankey of Meath, whom I used to pal around with back in college, at a wedding a few years ago, and he was skin and bone. Boylan was running the shite out of them, and while he was 'wirey' and strong, he was thin as a lath.

Jinxy

I can tell you now there is no one under 12 stone on the current Meath team. 11 stone is a small frame devoid of muscle.

kevmy

Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2008, 01:05:02 PM
I can tell you now there is no one under 12 stone on the current Meath team. 11 stone is a small frame devoid of muscle.

Ah ya but sure ye Meath boys are always up for a bit of wrestling rather than football.

I reckon hurlers can get away with being lighter than footballers though.

Jinxy

Yeah but they are all 5 foot nothing. We're talking about a lad of 6 foot here.