Sunday Sport (minus the sport)

Started by Bogball XV, April 01, 2007, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

This truly must be the worst attempt at a sports programme ever - today, the most action packed day of gaelic games thus far, and possibly one of the busiest of the year, and they served us up, two 5 min excerpts from football games and a 5 min slot on todays hurling - absolutely disgraceful.  Guess what, I don't really want to 'meet the club', if I wanted to see a bunch of lads sitting in a club reminiscing I'd go and meet my mates ;)
Seriously, it was terrible, what I want is an hour showing all the goals and the best pieces of action from all the div 1 games - it shouldn't be too hard to sort out - all the gaa have to do is make it part of their next deal requirements.
I mean a few cameras at each ground would suffice, we don't need the Sky treatment, but anything would be better than that shite.

GalwayBayBoy

Thought they definitely overdid the piece from the club in Kilkenny. They were the best part of 40 minutes blowing hot air with auld bucks in there. There was rakes of matches on today that didn't receive a nanosecond of coverage.

cill_dara

I also noted the total disregard to Division 1B When Anthony Tohill started talking about it, Michael lester braught him back to Division 1A. Fecking disgrace!!! >:(

armaghniac

I agree, this was a critical weekend when the NFL games decided who would end up in Div 1 or Div 3 and there was also a slate of hurling games that determined who made the final stages of the NHL. In a couple of weeks there will be fewer games, then they could run the human interest stuff, but not today! If there was to be interview stuff why not with some of the Cross people, as they had won an all-ireland today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syd The Sailor

A programme like that should maybe be allowed in the dark winter months, but no audience should be subjected to looking at or listening to that wee fuckin cretin Marty Morrissey, talk about a face for radio.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on April 01, 2007, 10:22:07 PM
A programme like that should maybe be allowed in the dark winter months, but no audience should be subjected to looking at or listening to that wee fuckin cretin Marty Morrissey, talk about a face for radio.

As a mate of mine once said he does have a face for the movies though.

Unfortunately that movie is Gremlins.

BallyhaiseMan

Cill Dara

i also noticed of how Tohill was going to comment on Division 1B and Division 2A/B and
that Lyster changed the topic back to 1A,Disgraceful stuff indeed,
Christ they could have showed brief highlights of nearly all the NFL and NHL games aswell in an hour,instead of that load of shite about a Junior Killkenny hurling club.

rosnarun

QuoteAs a mate of mine once said he does have a face for the movies though.

Unfortunately that movie is Gremlins.

Ive always  had marty down as a  ringer for beetlejucice . Icant see him without thinking
beetlejucice,beetlejucice,beetlejucice
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thejuice

RTEs coverage lately hasnt been worth the steam of our piss. I love the NFL and NHL yet they dont give it the time of day. Might as well go over to sky or setanta, or TG4  or God forbid TV3. I agree with almost every comment being made here. A program that shows highlights from EVERY game is whats required
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

westmayo

I was told this before but, it could be wrong. RTE don't own the rights to the NHL and the NFL, Setanta have the rights for the Saturday night games and TG4 the Sunday games and have first call on the highlights which they show on their Monday night programme. RTE's Sunday sport show can only show highlights of the games that have already been broadcast by either TG4 and Setanta over the weekend. 

ziggysego

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2007, 10:03:27 PM
I agree, this was a critical weekend when the NFL games decided who would end up in Div 1 or Div 3 and there was also a slate of hurling games that determined who made the final stages of the NHL. In a couple of weeks there will be fewer games, then they could run the human interest stuff, but not today! If there was to be interview stuff why not with some of the Cross people, as they had won an all-ireland today.

I know what you mean, I thought the same when Ardfert and Greencastle won their All Ireland's a few weeks ago.
Testing Accessibility

tayto

Well if they dont have the rights then why show it on a sunday evening? Why not wait till later in the week?

5 Sams

Quoteload of shite about a Junior Killkenny hurling club.

I agree with you all lads...but don't forget whose club it was!!!! Arselicking of the highest degree :-[
The Aristocrat Years

BallyhaiseMan

Let me guess Nicky Brennans GAA Club?  >:(

i turned off the TV in disgust when i seen the GAA Action was over at just around 8.25 with another 30 minutes still to go in the programme.

Louth Exile

That programme was never any good - When Louth played the Div 2 Final last year against Donegal they didn't even mention it!! When we complained to RTE they pointed us in TG4 direction who were ultimately to blame as they had the rights but decided not to show it!!  Amazing how RTE currently do a better job on their Rugy & Soccer programmes than they do on their GAA
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com