keep soccer in croker!!!

Started by lawnseed 2, March 24, 2007, 05:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

:D Didnt watch the game, but i guess i dont need to, that sums it up.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

phpearse

Steven Watson said on Friday evening that the game on Saturday would be the first game of football in Croke Park. Man dear but he is a hateful cnut.

ziggysego

Quote from: phpearse on March 25, 2007, 04:19:45 PM
Steven Watson said on Friday evening that the game on Saturday would be the first game of football in Croke Park. Man dear but he is a hateful cnut.

That annoyed me too.
Testing Accessibility

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 25, 2007, 12:06:56 PM
Didn't say that did i?

Well, in a way you did. You say that Man Utd have a bad game and it's said to be the hallmark of a good team. Why mention that in the context of Ireland unless you want to infer the same is true of that tripe yesterday?

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 25, 2007, 12:06:56 PMCan't understand the bitterness towars the soccer lads,yes be bitter towards the FAI but the team bar  a couple of players are doing what they can.Im no fool their not the best squad we've ever had but is it gone to the stage where we only sing when we're doing well,It's going to be a very large Bandwagon we are gonna need when they come good again, Surely now is the time too get behind them
And if you have no intrest in soccer then don't watch the bloody match and don't come on here to complain about how bad they were.

Have you never heard of gallows humour?

dublinfella

I know, Bohs used to play there until Mr Dineen made his money selling it to the GAA  ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: dublinfella on March 25, 2007, 08:10:03 PM

I know, Bohs used to play there until Mr Dineen made his money selling it to the GAA  ;D

It wasn't Croke Park then :P
Testing Accessibility

highking

Who is steven Watson? What channel was it on. I like the slurry picture. I take it was a bad match so. What was the final score?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Orior on March 25, 2007, 01:15:03 PM
Any pictures of soccer in Croke?
Not great quality as they were took on my mobile

Soccer goals at Canal End

Seats on the Hill

David O'Leary

Jimmy Magee

Terry Phelan,Keith O'Neill and Jim Beglin

Niall Quinn

Pakie Bonner

Team Photos

Video of teams coming out

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/laoislad/?action=view&current=055.flv

Video of kick off

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m266/laoislad/?action=view&current=057.flv

You'll Never Walk Alone.

balladmaker

So what was the story with the pitch yesterday?  I heard Dunphy and Brady complaining that the field was too bumpy????

I thought the Croker surface was supposed to be as good as can be??

DUBSFORSAM1

The story with the pitch is that the pitch is not designed to be a soccer pitch

dubnut

Laoislad, in fairness perhaps the comments of our "National" manager Mr Staunton may have hardened the views of some GAA supporters against the soccer team, and understandably so. Nothing to do with not having pride in where you come from.

rosnarun

these guts are so bad and the abuse stan is takining in the press nearly has me shouting for a team i have disped as  a money grabbing grab a granny bunch of half english men and their olé olé bunch of morons since the days of Eoin hand . staunton is so wonderfully stoic it cant be all down to thickness can it?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tony Baloney

QuoteSteven Watson said on Friday evening that the game on Saturday would be the first game of football in Croke Park. Man dear but he is a hateful cnut.

I really don't think he'd have meant anything by it. Some people are so touchy. Maybe everyone in the media should use the terms "association football" and "gaelic football" just so everyone understands and we don't have any further diplomatic incidents! <ducks for cover>  :P

brokencrossbar1

I didn't watch them game as I was away tp the zoo with the kids looking at the monkeys, and I am have always been a long time follower of Ireland and soccer in general, and I have been a strong advocate for allowing both rugby and soccer to be played at Croke Park but I have just had a change in heart about the whole issue in respect of soccer team playing there.

I have read about, listened to and discussed the whole issue of the playing surface over the last few days.  The complete feeling of ingratitude from so many quarters over the state of the pitch has me seething to say the least.  I have just had an argument with a die hard soccer man and his tirade about how the "gah" (fcuk I hatye that term >:()  are irresponsible for not having the pitch up to Premiership standard, and if they were going to rent it out, and take all the money they were getting then the least they could do was replace the divots, blah,blah,blah.

I let him have it and told him that if the FAI and its followers had a problem with the pitch then they should fcuk off to Old Trafford and see if they could fill it with 73,000 and line their greedy pockets with money from prawn sandwiches.  I told him that if they had have been organised enough to sort out their own mess then they would not have had a problem with having to rent out Croke Park.  I told him that it used to be a tactic under Jack Charlton that the bumpy pitch in Landsdowne used to put off the teams who were better than Irelandm, like the Dutch for instance, so what was the difference now.  Have Ireland suddenly become a power nation in world soccer?  He complained that Croke Park didn't have any atmosphere and that the fans were too far away from the field.  I told him that the last All Ireland Final I was at the atmosphere was soperb from the minute the minors hit the field to the minute Kieran McGeeney lifted Sam above his head in triumph!  I suggested that maybe it was more to do waith the patrons at the game and the quality of the fare on show rather than the stadium.  I asked him if he was at the rugby game against England and he replied no he didn't even watch it on the television.  I suggested that there was a decent atmosphere that day too.

I am very glad that Liam Mulvihil came out and said what he did last week.  The more that Croke Park is opened the more I am disagreeing with it being the case.  While the rugby fans, administrators and players have been gracious and heartily thankful, the FAI and the fans I have encountered have been spiteful and argumentative.  They remind of a bunch of bad travellers, they come in, set up camp, steal your clothes from the line, piss in your letter box and then break your windows when you tell them to clear off!

dubnut

Great stuff BC, and now its the GAA's fault that the fans are too far from the pitch!

I bet he doesnt even realise the difference in pitch sizes and that the pitch is right by the stands for GAA games.

You just cant win.