Best crisps

Started by The Claw, March 23, 2007, 02:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Ate a pack of BBQ walkers today never had them before very nice  8)

You'll Never Walk Alone.

SammyG

Tandragee Tayto Cheese and Onion, closely followed by Tayto Salt and Vinegar and a special mention for Onion Rings (but they're not really crisps).

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2007, 01:32:28 PM
Do you's remember the Smiths salt & shake ? do they still sell them?

They still make them.  they're now owned by walkers who more or less own everything now

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Staff at the Tayto crisp factory in Tandragee have voted to go on strike in a row over pay.

The Unite trade union said about 130 workers have been told they will not receive a pay rise this year, apart from a minimum wage rise in October.

A Tayto spokesman said there were 3% pay increases in January and October 2006, and that they intended to pay a further 3.1% in October 2007.

The 50-year-old company employs 350 people at its County Armagh factory."

I guess the workers have really got browned off with previous pay increase offers.

Does this mean we might get inundated with the better tasting southern variety of Tayto?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

delboy

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on September 04, 2007, 08:41:13 AM
"Staff at the Tayto crisp factory in Tandragee have voted to go on strike in a row over pay.

The Unite trade union said about 130 workers have been told they will not receive a pay rise this year, apart from a minimum wage rise in October.

A Tayto spokesman said there were 3% pay increases in January and October 2006, and that they intended to pay a further 3.1% in October 2007.

The 50-year-old company employs 350 people at its County Armagh factory."

I guess the workers have really got browned off with previous pay increase offers.

Does this mean we might get inundated with the better tasting southern variety of Tayto?

We had a blind taste testing of southern and northern versions of cheese and onion tayto in work the other day.

Despite the protestations of the person who orginally championed the southern crisps (even they had to accept defeat) they were roundly trounced by the northern version, the defining comment was the in your face flavour compared to the more bland southern counterparts.

The only saving grace for the southern version was that they seemed to be slightly more crispy, but at the same time they were also let down by an oily after taste.

Puckoon

So it turns out that one of the primary differences in the tayto from the north, and the south, is that up in tandragee they are trying to kill us all by putting MSG in the fecking crisps. The wife made me promise to never ate another bag of the yellow ones. I just dont know that I can do it.