O'Donoughue starts ranting again...

Started by neilthemac, March 16, 2007, 05:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Lads there is no point engaging this lad in debate, he made up his mind long ago that this was about keeping soccer out rather then wanting use of the stadium. Every bit of new evidence he hears he slots into this theory as if it's perfectly logical.

dublinfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 22, 2007, 01:55:21 PM
Quoteother sports THAT FIT IN THE STADIUM

What's your point?

are you for real? my point, as you well know, is that not all sports are automatically entitled to use all municipal facilities. they have to pysically be able to be played there. soccer and athletics can be mixed, and rugby usually can go in there too. but not golf. or swimming. or sailing

the tallaght site is too smallfor a full size GAA pitch and a meaningful capacity stadium. thats the DoS and SDCC position. however soccer, rugby, underage and womens gaelic games are welcome. whats difficult to comprehend?

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 22, 2007, 08:29:03 PM
[

. however .... rugby, underage and womens gaelic games are welcome.

Since when and says who? other than you of course  :D ;D ;D :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2007, 08:33:12 PM
[

the minister, the chairman of rovers, even Kennedy from TD made some statement about 'what use is a ground for the u16's'

in the rush to get offended in all this people have overlooked the fact that the GAA are not actually excluded from the stadium if they can physically fit the game in. despite what danny lynch has been feeding humphries and breheny this week.

Rossfan

Quote from: dublinfella on March 22, 2007, 08:41:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2007, 08:33:12 PM
[

the minister, the chairman of rovers, even Kennedy from TD

In other words Anybody except the landowners  - (i.e the local Council not Shamrock Beggers >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ardal

What's your point?

are you for real? my point, as you well know, is that not all sports are automatically entitled to use all municipal facilities. they have to pysically be able to be played there. soccer and athletics can be mixed, and rugby usually can go in there too. but not golf. or swimming. or sailing

the tallaght site is too big for a full size GAA pitch and a meaningful capacity stadium. thats the DoS and SDCC position. however soccer, rugby, underage and womens gaelic games are welcome. whats difficult to comprehend?

If it's too big then why can't they have sailing, are you anti sailing aswell?

Went round to the girls house (northside of Dublin) on Saturday night to meet her folks and have a grand slap up meal. Had a great time to be honest but wouldn't exactly want to live with them if you know what I mean; I've some self respect. Then she says to me the next day, "what about me going aound to yours?", feck off says I, what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine aswell"

Give the feckers Tallaght, what comes around goes around

dublinfella

Quote from: ardal on March 22, 2007, 10:10:20 PM

What's your point?

the tallaght site is too big for a full size GAA pitch and a meaningful capacity stadium. thats the DoS and SDCC position. however soccer, rugby, underage and womens gaelic games are welcome. whats difficult to comprehend?

Went round to the girls house (northside of Dublin) on Saturday night to meet her folks and have a grand slap up meal. Had a great time to be honest but wouldn't exactly want to live with them if you know what I mean; I've some self respect. Then she says to me the next day, "what about me going aound to yours?", feck off says I, what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine aswell"

ardal, isnt that not exactly the attitude the GAA through TD are taking here? we got our funding, and we are having yours as well. we can share with you but you cant share with us because of rule 42.

ardal

Quote from: dublinfella on March 22, 2007, 10:25:27 PM
Quote from: ardal on March 22, 2007, 10:10:20 PM

What's your point?

ardal, isnt that not exactly the attitude the GAA through TD are taking here? we got our funding, and we are having yours as well. we can share with you but you cant share with us because of rule 42.

Nope, I'd imagine that'd be the viewpoint of your average innocent unaware joe blogg on the streets if given a simple summary of events.
Nor do I pretend to represent the GAA but I would be happy to see  an episode wereby other sporting  organistations refused to reciprecate the gaa's gesture by opening their stadia to them. Yep, this would serve my individual purpose

You've still failed to answer numerous other questions from other posters, but please tell me why the "tallaght site it too big for a GAA pitch"?

dublinfella

Quote from: ardal on March 22, 2007, 10:32:58 PM

Nope, I'd imagine that'd be the viewpoint of your everage innocent unaware joe blogg on the streets if given a simple summary of events.

You've still failed to answer numerous other questions from other posters, but please tell me why the "tallaght site it too big for a GAA pitch"?

yeah, facts are funny like that.  ::)

it was a typo, now fixed

out of interest, a blog entry on the saga, possibly a rovers fans

http://nanotech.lemonup.com/Albert-White-The-Tallaght-Stadium-Saga-continues/

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on March 22, 2007, 10:37:05 PM
Quote from: ardal on March 22, 2007, 10:32:58 PM

Nope, I'd imagine that'd be the viewpoint of your everage innocent unaware joe blogg on the streets if given a simple summary of events.

yeah, facts are funny like that.  ::)

it was a typo, now fixed

out of interest, a blog entry on the saga, possibly a rovers fans

I know Albert White. Next time I see him I must point out that Tom Humphries isn't a GAA journalist.

edit: I just read the rest of that. He has less of a clue than you do dublinlad. I don't think I'll talk to him at all.

dubnut

Lads argueing against Roversfella (at least be honest) is like trying to get George Bush admit he did wrong.
Wasting yer time

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: dublinfella on March 22, 2007, 10:37:05 PM
[out of interest, a blog entry on the saga, possibly a rovers fans

There are more holes in this than there is in a block of swiss cheese. The rules of the GAA regarding Rule 42 have no bearing on this case. GAA pitches are owned by the clubs not the government so it is their decision who they do or do not let play on them, and the fact they OWN land in Rathcoole is also irrelevant

Nowhere in the article does it mention that the decision was changed from allowing the GAA in to excluding then at the whim of O'Donoughue to allocate funding. If anyone can take this seriously they have to be even more narrow-minded than dublinfella

tayto

Deal me in, spot on, of course you're wasting your breath. Dublinfella wants 'his' stadium built and if that means the GAA getting fucked over he couldnt care less, he's convinced himself TD's case is about keeping soccer out when the uses of a stadium that size in such a prime location for the GAA in south dublin are obvious to anyone.

Have to laugh at the number of soccer fans who can't tell the difference between grant aid towards a project, therefore owning something, and getting a stadium built for you and being a key tennant. The differences are glaring, but never underestimate how blind someone can be if their soccer team might have a sniff of a free dig out. Astounding really. the only logical arguement for not letting the GAA in was if Pats moved in as well, the pitch would be in use an awful lot if it hosted two eircom league clubs but they're now staying put.

rosnarun

does anyone know what kind of lease rovers are going to sign on this pitch. will it be like shelboures in tolka (another County coucil owned field in this case dublin corpoation )one that they have now sold to Ossie kilkenny? where by the use of the field has passed completly out of sporting ownership? and guess what he want to put up there . at least bohemians are selling out their fans without any help from the corpo.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

lynchbhoy

I would have thought rovers main objection to having GAA sized pitch , would be the lack of 'atmosphere' in the ground etc for soccer matches. Lets face it, a large field and small pitch in the middle would dilute the atmos/noise
and also rovers fans predominatly hate GAA (I know plenty who like it but the older pure soccer ones are in the majority here imo)