Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

I wasn't at the game but listening to teamtalk it appeared that they tried something different from long range frees i.e. free taker goes short and receives return at a better angle/distance. Don't recall it working though!

According to Teamtalk stats there were 13/14 shots dropped into keeper. Ridiculous at that level, really. Doesn't look to be any options to be added on today's showing.

southtyronegael

im not on here to gloat but i did say mc gleenan was the man for the tyrone job. the result wont matter a jot come august but injuries this early in year to established players like mc aliskey are avoidable.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 08, 2017, 09:48:30 PM
im not on here to gloat but i did say mc gleenan was the man for the tyrone job. the result wont matter a jot come august but injuries this early in year to established players like mc aliskey are avoidable.

I'd be fairly confident that Tyrone will still be standing long after Mattie has packed away the cones for the year.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

ur prob right but i think the cavan people will be happier in themselves at the end of the year than we will be.

randomusername

Jesus Christ did Mickey Harte run over your dog? It's bloody tedious

southtyronegael

its bloody tedious watchin tyrone at the minute.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 08, 2017, 10:01:12 PM
ur prob right but i think the cavan people will be happier in themselves at the end of the year than we will be.

;D

southtyronegael

dont know what the smiley face is about benny but if u really gave a f**k about tyrone u wouldnt have much to smile about.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on January 08, 2017, 10:24:13 PM
dont know what the smiley face is about benny but if u really gave a f**k about tyrone u wouldnt have much to smile about.

I'm just happy enough in myself to be honest and won't be losing my shit over a loss in the McKenna Cup in January. Tyrone get stick on here for winning McKenna Cups then get stick for losing a game in it. I tend to keep things on a more even keel. Believe it or not, not everyone agrees with your apolyptic view of Tyrone football under Mickey Harte. He's kept us competitive during a time of huge player turn over. Look at Armagh, Down, Meath, Galway, Cork, Derry and tell me that their chopping and changing of managers is a better strategy than we have employed in Tyrone. I think Tyrone have made progress in the past few years and think we aren't far away from a return to Croke Park in September, you clearly don't. That's why I'm a little more calm than you tonight.

Club boi

There's some time between January 8th-3rd Week in September. Player Burnout and Managers "Common Sense" should prevail -

How many of the big teams played any 1st teamers today??

Donegal played their U-21. Mayo had 10 Debutants as their All Ireland team is on Holidays in SA. Dublin had a Full reserve team out. Kerry had 1 player from their Munster Final

Tyrone started with 9 Established Players and a Further 5 on the Bench

Madness

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on January 08, 2017, 10:49:34 PM
There's some time between January 8th-3rd Week in September. Player Burnout and Managers "Common Sense" should prevail -

How many of the big teams played any 1st teamers today??

Donegal played their U-21. Mayo had 10 Debutants as their All Ireland team is on Holidays in SA. Dublin had a Full reserve team out. Kerry had 1 player from their Munster Final

Tyrone started with 9 Established Players and a Further 5 on the Bench

Madness

Monaghan had a fair few starting, the 3 big counties were away on their team holidays.

superstar_

I can see the value of having a few established players playing to help out the fringe players and newcomers. However the amount that played today i felt was a bit much. We are well aware of what Ronan McNabb, Tiernan McCann, Conor McAliskey etc bring to the table, why not give plenty of game time to Niall McKenna Ronan McHugh etc. They will probably start next saturday night but at the expense of McCullagh McClure etc. I dont see why they all dont get as much time as possible to impress and this might cut down on them trying to do to much to catch the eye in the time they have, as i felt happened today.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 06, 2017, 08:43:09 PM
I'd give Niall Morgan another go this year. He never misses by much, the ball agonisingly glides wide as it has too much air.

Too much air between your ears more like! lol

Goals_Will_Come

"It's the worst possible news that I could have hoped for".  The words of Connor McAliskey tonight after it was confirmed that he has torn both the MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) and ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament).  McAliskey received the bad news tonight following an MRI scan this afternoon.  He's expected to meet with a knee surgeon in the coming days to talk through the extent of the damage.  "At this stage it doesn't look good.  It's tough to take because I'd so much to look forward to with the Clonoe and Tyrone.  Now I'll just have to dig in and work hard to get back to full fitness".

southtyronegael

best of luck and speedy recovery to young mc aliskey. could this injury have been avoided or the risk lessened with a longer off season? did he play in the o fiach cup?