You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ONeill on May 13, 2018, 10:31:08 PM
Nearly everything on Facebook, especially wishing dead relatives a happy birthday.

Facebook gripes could nearly be a thread on its own.

Rudi

Irish people dumping rubbish by the road side, in rivers and beauty spots. A lovely river close to my place has an ironing board, car battery, car shock springs, bags of dog shite, empty bottles of beers. If caught these bastards should face a firing squad.

Puckoon

Quote from: Rudi on July 03, 2018, 11:24:20 AM
Irish people dumping rubbish by the road side, in rivers and beauty spots. A lovely river close to my place has an ironing board, car battery, car shock springs, bags of dog shite, empty bottles of beers. If caught these b**tards should face a firing squad.

Absolute disgrace. These are your peers, friends and relatives.

I played golf in Omagh last weekend - there's a water tap off the back of the 5th green. No fewer than 5 plastic bottles strewn around the floor.
A walk out through Campsie and the Cookstown road. A full box of lollipops just discarded on the footpath, coffee cups and Styrofoam boxes blowing around. It's ignorance in the extreme.

haranguerer

Irish people dumping rubbish by the road side, in rivers and beauty spots. A lovely river close to my place has an ironing board, car battery, car shock springs, bags of dog shite, empty bottles of beers. If caught these b**tards should face a firing squad.

Couldn't agree more. I'm from a scenic country road near the border, and there are regular illegal dumpings. Couldn't come down too heavy on the f**kers

Tony Baloney

I'm forever lifting rubbish by the road at the front of the house. It amazes me that these tramps go for a feed after a night out and when they are finished eating in the car they just fire the rubbish out the window into the road rather than just take it on home and use their own bin.

I use a wee country road as a rat run outside Armagh, on the way to work, and there is always crap dumped by the roadside - at the minute it is broken insulation boards.

Orior

Quote from: Puckoon on July 03, 2018, 12:07:51 PM

Absolute disgrace. These are your peers, friends and relatives.

I played golf in Omagh last weekend - there's a water tap off the back of the 5th green. No fewer than 5 plastic bottles strewn around the floor.
A walk out through Campsie and the Cookstown road. A full box of lollipops just discarded on the footpath, coffee cups and Styrofoam boxes blowing around. It's ignorance in the extreme.

Speak to the Greens committee.

Though to be fair, 5 ain't bad. I would say the outrage threshold should be 15.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mayo4Sam

I went out to clear the rubbish along our land over easter, had 7 full fertiliser bags and didn't get to do half of it, shocking stuff
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Sweeper 123

The DUP getting away with everything - they are currently untouchable;

RHI and the numerous items surrounding it; Planning scandals; Vote leave DUP /Tory Dark Money; Racist / homosexual comments ..........

I am not sure if as a result of any scandals has anyone resigned (&not been reinstated) or sacked ..... can you imagine if you did any of these things at work ...P45 on the way

Franko

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on July 05, 2018, 01:56:56 PM

RHI and the numerous items surrounding it; Planning scandals; Vote leave DUP /Tory Dark Money; Racist / homosexual comments ..........

I am not sure if as a result of any scandals has anyone resigned (&not been reinstated) or sacked ..... can you imagine if you did any of these things at work ...P45 on the way

Agreed.

In a normal scenario, any one of the below could have resulted in resignations/sackings/criminal cases... but not for the DUP

RHI
Red Sky
NAMA
Brexit Money
Poots Planning Deals
Iris Kirk McCambley/Fred Fraser/Ken Campbell debacle
Homophobic/Racist Comments
Dee Stitt love-in

STREET FIGHTER

People managing to somehow spill fuel on the handle at the petrol/diesel pump......

seafoid

Quote from: Franko on July 05, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

Agreed.

In a normal scenario, any one of the below could have resulted in resignations/sackings/criminal cases... but not for the DUP

RHI
Red Sky
NAMA
Brexit Money
Poots Planning Deals
Dee Stitt love-in

The DUP bet the house on Brexit. The glorious conservative and unionist party did too. It's the economy stupid. And Brexit will be very bad for wallets in Ballymena.  Anywhere peripheral.
It is at times like now that parties die.
 The Liberals. Banjaxed 1918 The  nationalist party. Died 1922

I wouldn't bet on the DUP. Never betray the voters.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

NAG1

Quote from: seafoid on July 05, 2018, 06:15:42 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 05, 2018, 02:12:03 PM

Agreed.

RHI
Red Sky
NAMA
Brexit Money
Poots Planning Deals
Dee Stitt love-in

The DUP bet the house on Brexit. The glorious conservative and unionist party did too. It's the economy stupid. And Brexit will be very bad for wallets in Ballymena.  Anywhere peripheral.
It is at times like now that parties die.
The Liberals. Banjaxed 1918 The  nationalist party. Died 1922

I wouldn't bet on the DUP. Never betray the voters.

I think you are giving the DUP voters slightly too much credit there. That would mean they would have to acknowledge that they were sold a pup and be able to understand the connection between Brexit and why there are no jobs and poorer services.

The average DUP voter would also have to comprehend why the party they voted for got into bed with a set of euro sceptic tories pushing their own agenda and who dont give one toss about billy from ballymena.

I genuinely think this is beyond a good majority of those who vote for this collection of dinosaurs.

awideisneverasgood

1 - Joggers running on the road beside the pavement.

2 - Joggers running along country roads with no pavements with headphones on.

Gmac

Family members shall we say who leave crumbs everywhere in the butter when they are finished buttering their own toast

imtommygunn