Ronaldo accused of rape

Started by bennydorano, October 01, 2018, 03:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on October 02, 2018, 06:44:02 PM
1/3 the thread descends into a conversation about Roscommon. Any takers.

Nope, it will be Israel's fault!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 02, 2018, 11:11:30 PM

Nope, it will be Israel's fault!

Syferus

It would take someone of your breath-taking arrogance to try and make a thread about rape about inter-county point-scoring.

Orior

Quote from: Syferus on October 02, 2018, 11:31:59 PM

It would take someone of your breath-taking arrogance to try and make a thread about rape about inter-county point-scoring.

Ah go on Syferus, say something nice for once.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trileacman

Quote from: Orior on October 03, 2018, 12:36:51 AM
Quote from: Syferus on October 02, 2018, 11:31:59 PM

Ah go on Syferus, say something nice for once.

Maybe you could get him off the fence and get him to tell us what he really thinks.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: bennydorano on October 03, 2018, 01:23:15 PM
Interesting read in Sports illustrated

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/10/02/cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegations-kathryn-mayorga-legal-case

That's a very good read and gives a very clear analysis of everything surrounding this case. I don't see him being criminally charged but can see the civil matter being reopened

magpie seanie

To be fair to Syferus it was a pretty idiotic comment he took exception to.

GetOverTheBar

On this, just gauging general opinion,

What are people thoughts on those that accept 'payoffs', then proceed down the criminal path some years later?

Sympathetic? Had their money and blew it so they lose their 'right' to justice?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 03, 2018, 04:06:08 PM

What are people thoughts on those that accept 'payoffs', then proceed down the criminal path some years later?

I would say rape is rape or sexual assualt is sexual assualt (depending on what happened) and whether she got a pay off or not, if it happened he is accountable.. Her only problem is why she took the money in the first place kept quiet and then years later come forward...people unfortunately will judge her on that, and it may prove more difficult for her to get a case on Ronaldo and easier for his team to drag her through a trial that she may not win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 03, 2018, 04:32:20 PM

I would say rape is rape or sexual assualt is sexual assualt (depending on what happened) and whether she got a pay off or not, if it happened he is accountable.. Her only problem is why she took the money in the first place kept quiet and then years later come forward...people unfortunately will judge her on that, and it may prove more difficult for her to get a case on Ronaldo and easier for his team to drag her through a trial that she may not win

I would agree. The thing is depending on what her motivation is I think she might be better off going against her lawyer for professional negligence rather than re-opening the rape allegations. If she is making the argument that she didn't have the capacity then her lawyer should have minded that side of things for her. If she wants justice in her eyes I would be inclined to think she'll be disappointed

Orior

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 03, 2018, 04:03:38 PM
To be fair to Syferus it was a pretty idiotic comment he took exception to.

Surmising what was Ronaldo's thought process?

gallsman

Given that this doesn't happen and you appear to have demonstrated a spectacular lack of knowledge of what has actually occurred in this specific case, it's pretty hard to offer an opinion on it.

You don't "proceed down the criminal path" at all. That course of action is pursued by the state. Mayorga has filed a civil suit.

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on October 03, 2018, 06:24:53 PM

Given that this doesn't happen and you appear to have demonstrated a spectacular lack of knowledge of what has actually occurred in this specific case, it's pretty hard to offer an opinion on it.

You don't "proceed down the criminal path" at all. That course of action is pursued by the state. Mayorga has filed a civil suit.

Well, I understood what the question meant.

Two wrongs don't make a right. The misdemeanour was wrong and the payoff was wrong.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on October 03, 2018, 06:24:53 PM

It was a general unspecific question. Not altogether related to this case.

Which I have limited interest in. Apologies if the detail isn't exact but if you feel the need to vent, go ahead  :-\