Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmk

Quote from: barelegs on June 16, 2018, 12:26:22 PM
I haven't seen anyone from Tyrone say they were in the right. Tyrone got 7 suspensions according to Teamtalk yesterday. If Tyrone had hung on they'd have had 7 players missing from the final.

There was 2.5 minutes of 3 extra minutes played when Armagh scored the point that was a half chance for a goal. I think most people assumed the ref would blow the game up from the kick out and Armagh's last chance had gone. That's when the row started. Armagh were certainly alot quicker into the row with their subs and management. Tyrone played their part no doubt but the fear of missing a final was playing a bit more on Tyrone minds than Armagh at that stage.
If there was  at least 30 seconds still to play why would anyone assume the ref would blow full time

barelegs

Quote from: jmk on June 16, 2018, 02:52:00 PM
I haven't seen anyone from Tyrone say they were in the right. Tyrone got 7 suspensions according to Teamtalk yesterday. If Tyrone had hung on they'd have had 7 players missing from the final.

There was 2.5 minutes of 3 extra minutes played when Armagh scored the point that was a half chance for a goal. I think most people assumed the ref would blow the game up from the kick out and Armagh's last chance had gone. That's when the row started. Armagh were certainly alot quicker into the row with their subs and management. Tyrone played their part no doubt but the fear of missing a final was playing a bit more on Tyrone minds than Armagh at that stage.
If there was  at least 30 seconds still to play why would anyone assume the ref would blow full time

When was the last time a goalkeeper kicked a ball out inside 30 seconds 3 minutes into injury time at the end of extra time? Wasn't going to be in a rush. As it happens the referee played another minute and a half when the ball was eventually kicked out and gave Armagh a chance to get the equaliser. Tyrone will learn the lesson the next time. Don't hoof the ball back to the opposition when your winning by a point in injury time! Fair play to Armagh they worked the opportunity and took their chance

armaghniac

Quote from: barelegs on June 16, 2018, 03:09:47 PM

It is a good lesson for both sides that it is not over until it is over.

When was the last time a goalkeeper kicked a ball out inside 30 seconds 3 minutes into injury time at the end of extra time? Wasn't going to be in a rush. As it happens the referee played another minute and a half when the ball was eventually kicked out and gave Armagh a chance to get the equaliser. Tyrone will learn the lesson the next time. Don't hoof the ball back to the opposition when your winning by a point in injury time! Fair play to Armagh they worked the opportunity and took their chance

it is a useful lesson that it ain't over until it is over.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

jmk

Quote from: barelegs on June 16, 2018, 03:09:47 PM

Did you miss the at least part.He played 2 minutes on top of the notified injury time in normal time for tyrones equaliser

Orior

How many of Armagh's probable first 15 will miss the final?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on June 16, 2018, 08:59:59 PM
How many of Armagh's probable first 15 will miss the final?

I've read that of the ten who are banned 6 would be starters

rrhf

Quote from: WT4E on June 16, 2018, 01:00:03 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 15, 2018, 05:22:06 PM
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/armagh-u20-manager-guinea-pigs-391023

Quotebut all it took was one rash incident from a Tyrone player and it was a tinderbox.

I think this sums up armagh right here... i was embarrassed by tyrone putting in an appeal but if i was an armagh person reading this tripe in a national news forum id be more than embarrassed.
Armagh are managed by 2 buck eejits. Their team would only get so far no matter how talented they might be.

smelmoth

I would love Armagh to go on and win.

I won't be one of those stopping off at Clones on the way back from Clones but I will be there at both matches. I'll be there with my kids. Winning in adversity is a great lesson for kids.

My worry (got in trouble before for expressing my worries on this site) is that we go about this the wrong way. There should be no appeals for the guilty. No technicalities. Take your punishment.

Been confronted today with a bit of the usual shite about going to toe-to-toe, standing up for yourself, fighting back, you come here to box we will box etc etc. Utter dung.

Our game today is ridden with cowardice. Massed defences, lateral passing, playing for frees, constant appeals. All cowardice.

Taking your punishment, risk taking, an emphasis on skill and personal responsibility that is real bravery. Real manning up.

When a dick head hits you, hitting back doesn't make you better.

When some meathead tries to intimidate you and you have the force of character to keep your head high and take risks and display skill - that is real manliness

The future of our games relies on the bravery of coaches, disciplinary councils and rule makers as much as the bravery of players

Throw ball

Quote from: smelmoth on June 16, 2018, 11:52:00 PM

I won't be one of those stopping off at Clones on the way back from Clones but I will be there at both matches. I'll be there with my kids. Winning in adversity is a great lesson for kids.

My worry (got in trouble before for expressing my worries on this site) is that we go about this the wrong way. There should be no appeals for the guilty. No technicalities. Take your punishment.

Been confronted today with a bit of the usual shite about going to toe-to-toe, standing up for yourself, fighting back, you come here to box we will box etc etc. Utter dung.

Our game today is ridden with cowardice. Massed defences, lateral passing, playing for frees, constant appeals. All cowardice.

Taking your punishment, risk taking, an emphasis on skill and personal responsibility that is real bravery. Real manning up.

When some meathead tries to intimidate you and you have the force of character to keep your head high and take risks and display skill - that is real manliness

The future of our games relies on the bravery of coaches, disciplinary councils and rule makers as much as the bravery of players

I agree with many of your sentiments.

Last Man

Quote from: Throw ball on June 17, 2018, 12:02:26 AM

I agree with many of your sentiments.
I agree entirely, play ball on the park and take take the rest outside the gate if you think you are the big man you think you are. There's been some shite preached by Gaa coaches in relation to boxing in the last few years. 

Stan Laurel

Unfortunately as in life, the only person who believes he is the bigger man is the man who walked away, the perpetrator feels he has won and will continue with his thuggish action against the victim or new victims, the bystander / spectator will feel the same.  Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself, if you don't who will?  In the case of GAA matches Croke Park has time and time again showed a complete ineptitude for dealing with thuggery on the field of play and send out mixed messages with rescinding bans etc.  My genuine worry is that such ineptitude by officials will lead to a serious injury or worse in the near future.  The game is football, if you physically strike a person with your fist, foot or head in my eyes you shouldn't be playing football and should be given a minimum 8 week / 8 game ban, this should be imposed right down the underage grades which from my experience such thuggery is par of the course at matches.   if a county board appeals and is unsuccessful, fine them 20,000 euros per appeal for wasting everyones time.

Orior

Yes, as long as "standing up for yourself" does not mean lowering yourself to thuggish behaviour. One retaliatory punch is enough to kill someone.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

outsideoftheboot

was at the game and Amragh would be very close to deserving 10 suspensions. Armagh did all the fighting. I seen atleast 6 at the time striking. On 2 occasions with a tyrone player being held by an Armagh player and being struck by another. I didn't see any tyrone man throwing a punch nor backing up or standing up for their own team whilst watching them get beat up and out numbered. Although I didn't see a tyrone man striking in video footage or at the time, the goal keeper did throw the ball off the managers head (in retaliation for hitting a tyrone player) and the corner forward diving in. Personally I think tyrone got all their examples for being involved and being on the pitch when they shouldn't have been. Rightly so. Make an example out of both teams.

yellowcard

It's the inconsistency that grates most people. If they ban 10 Armagh men then fine but I recall an Armagh championship match last season between Crossmaglen and Maghery where fighting spilled over into the crowd and which was more serious yet no action was taken against either club. It's this hypocrisy and inconsistency that annoys people more than anything. If they are going to ban 10 men then it can't be a once off and it needs to be applied across the board for similar incidents in future.

jmk

Quote from: outsideoftheboot on June 18, 2018, 09:25:09 AM
was at the game and Amragh would be very close to deserving 10 suspensions. Armagh did all the fighting. I seen atleast 6 at the time striking. On 2 occasions with a tyrone player being held by an Armagh player and being struck by another. I didn't see any tyrone man throwing a punch nor backing up or standing up for their own team whilst watching them get beat up and out numbered. Although I didn't see a tyrone man striking in video footage or at the time, the goal keeper did throw the ball off the managers head (in retaliation for hitting a tyrone player) and the corner forward diving in. Personally I think tyrone got all their examples for being involved and being on the pitch when they shouldn't have been. Rightly so. Make an example out of both teams.
Have you been in touch with the Vatican about all these saintly Tyrone men turning the other cheek!!
Is that what the pope is really coming for-a mass sanctification ceremony in Healy Park.