The Official World Cup 2018 Thread

Started by Ball Hopper, November 16, 2017, 05:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Colombian keeper didn't have too many saves to make against the better team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2018, 10:02:08 PM
Glad Henderson didn't end up being the villain. Poor auld divil.

Head butting is fine though and falling to the ground like Neymar is ok  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 03, 2018, 10:00:10 PM
Why Vardy not take one?

Chicken Vardy.

Pleased for Ian Wright - he's good craic.

England stopped playing in the second half and nearly paid the price.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Insane Bolt

Well I'm not sure if I would rather see them beaten by Sweden or Croatia....just as long as they are beaten 😜

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 03, 2018, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2018, 10:02:08 PM
Glad Henderson didn't end up being the villain. Poor auld divil.

Head butting is fine though and falling to the ground like Neymar is ok  ;)

Not his proudest moments alright. Although mind you in real time that butt on the jaw had to be a jolt at least. No need to lie down for 2 minutes though. Although he is nowhere near Neymar. 🙂

bennydorano

Underestimate the Swedes at their peril as well, a very honest hardworking team - the type of team who England would take for granted that they're going to beat because they're not all at glamorous clubs.

ONeill

Southgate a likeable enough lad.

Would like to lick his beard.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Insane Bolt

England are like Fermanagh....they'll win nothing 😂

AZOffaly

Quote from: bennydorano on July 03, 2018, 10:14:23 PM
Underestimate the Swedes at their peril as well, a very honest hardworking team - the type of team who England would take for granted that they're going to beat because they're not all at glamorous clubs.

Why do we think this England team is underestimating anyone? I don't get that sense from them at all. I think they know they are not the most talented bunch and will have to work hard to beat anybody.

Just because the S*n says they are winning it doesn't mean the players are.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 03, 2018, 10:21:42 PM

Why do we think this England team is underestimating anyone? I don't get that sense from them at all. I think they know they are not the most talented bunch and will have to work hard to beat anybody.

But those that can read, read the Sun😜

lenny

You'd have to laugh at the pundits saying their penalty shootout jinx is over. Nothing to do with a jinx. It's just they now have a manager who decided it would be a good idea to actually prepare in advance for the eventuality of a penalty shootout. Crazy that previous managers got away with the nonsense line that you cannot prepare for penalty shootouts.

Main Street

Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 03, 2018, 08:28:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 03, 2018, 08:26:38 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 03, 2018, 08:25:49 PM
Ref clueless

You're mad. He's doing a very good job dealing with a match played in a terrible spirit.

Hasn't dealt with the playacting
The ref dealt with the playacting quite well, he just let it run its course, the game just continued  on after the bout of histrionics. In general he had an excellent game in a "fiery latin" fixture.

I think its obvious the refs have been instructed to dish out a yellow instead of the  red card, unless it's a blatantly red card offense. So many yellow cards could have been a red. It's a world cup, a separate elite tournament with a global audience,  the pressures are intense  and game after game exhausting for the players, why interfere with the delicate balance of the game with red cards. Goalies are even given leeway in the penalty shootouts. All in all, the officiating  control of games has been excellent and the general standard  of game has benefited from that leniency. 

Milltown Row2

I like the players and manager too but in spite of that, the crap you have to listen too is tooooo much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Not the angle I'm coming from as I have England backed, so i sure as f**k hope they don't underestimate them!

screenexile

Yeah all the noises from the squad seem to be very humble especially the manager.

Imagine being asked "was this a coming of age for your players tonight?" Southgate batted it away well but f**king English media are ridiculous. He's thinking we won a dogged game not playing so well let's try and win the next one.

It's the only way to do it if they can tune the nonsense out they have a real chance for a Final place!

Having said that it looks like the winner comes from Fridays games.