Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: lenny on November 23, 2018, 03:32:04 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on November 23, 2018, 02:24:11 PM
In the event of a no-deal Brexit will that spell the end of the cheap power-tools and the like from Lidl UK stores?

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

To be replaced with chlorinated chicken from the USA and cheap beef full of hormones and antibiotics from South America.

I don't get this. Please explain.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: trailer on November 25, 2018, 09:16:42 PM
In the event of a no-deal Brexit will that spell the end of the cheap power-tools and the like from Lidl UK stores?

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

To be replaced with chlorinated chicken from the USA and cheap beef full of hormones and antibiotics from South America.

Brexit is a mysterious process. It will all be OK at the end of March next year. Don't worry, have faith.

weareros

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

EU maintains high food standards. Not so other markets. The steak you get in USA, unless you are careful, is from livestock fattened with steroids. The chickens are washed in chlorine. Eat from that food chain and you are putting that in your body. Uk wants to sign its own trade deals which will likely flood their markets with this food after new trade deals with America's. The consumer may thinks it's great as wil be cheaper but they are paying a higher price health wise.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: weareros on November 25, 2018, 10:19:20 PM

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

EU maintains high food standards. Not so other markets. The steak you get in USA, unless you are careful, is from livestock fattened with steroids. The chickens are washed in chlorine. Eat from that food chain and you are putting that in your body. Uk wants to sign its own trade deals which will likely flood their markets with this food after new trade deals with America's. The consumer may thinks it's great as wil be cheaper but they are paying a higher price health wise.

Trust in Arlene & Doddsie.

trailer

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

There is a myth about the EU and it's high welfare food standards.
US Beef and steroids. Steroids!! Chlorinated Chicken. Chlorinated!!
I am no fan of Brexit but peddling complete bullshit lifted from twitter doesn't help.
Everyone should really take a deep breath.

Milltown Row2

If Peston doesn't know what's going to happen then no one knows! What a cluster f**k of politics
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Oh dear oh dear.

So Project Fear was not just made up stories?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

weareros

Quote from: trailer on November 25, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

I am no fan of Brexit but peddling complete bullshit lifted from twitter doesn't help.

Not peddling any myths. US chicken is banned by the EU because the carcass is washed in chlorine. Quartz is a respectable US business site, so read for yourself. Likewise, much US beef is pumped with steroids. There's a reason stores like Trader Joes and Whole Foods have become popular in USA as they sell beef free of antibiotics and steroids.
https://qz.com/1037737/will-post-brexit-uk-swallow-americas-chlorinated-chicken-for-a-trade-deal/

trailer

Quote from: weareros on November 25, 2018, 10:49:47 PM
Quote from: trailer on November 25, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

That would be tragic.

/Jim.

Not peddling any myths. US chicken is banned by the EU because the carcass is washed in chlorine. Quartz is a respectable US business site, so read for yourself. Likewise, much US beef is pumped with steroids. There's a reason stores like Trader Joes and Whole Foods have become popular in USA as they sell beef free of antibiotics and steroids.
https://qz.com/1037737/will-post-brexit-uk-swallow-americas-chlorinated-chicken-for-a-trade-deal/

What's so bad about chicken washed in Chlorine? Without looking anything up. Tell me why you think Chicken washed in Chlorine is bad.
You want to see the antibiotics pumped into livestock here. 

Dire Ear

Trailer, you're lost for a good.............education  ;D ;D

trailer

Quote from: Dire Ear on November 25, 2018, 11:38:19 PM

Some of the biggest food scares..

BSE (UK & Ireland)
Foot and Mouth (UK & Ireland)
Dioxines in Pig feed (Ireland)
Horsemeat Scandal (UK & Ireland)

But yeah Chlorinated Chicken and Steroids in Beef.

I'm just asking people get a little bit of perspective on things and stop regurgitating shite of Facebook. But that seems beyond the mental capabilities of some contributors on this board.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on November 26, 2018, 09:42:51 AM

BSE (UK & Ireland)

I'm just asking people get a little bit of perspective on things and stop regurgitating shite of Facebook. But that seems beyond the mental capabilities of some contributors on this board.

trailer

do you understand the difference between a week and a decade ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on November 26, 2018, 10:11:41 AM

BSE (UK & Ireland)

trailer

You're missing the point.

Rossfan

Why does the media herd continually refer to the EU/Brit deal as "Teresa May's deal".
Gives the impression it's something she wrote herself rather than the outcome of 17 months high level negotiations.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on November 26, 2018, 10:29:45 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 26, 2018, 10:11:41 AM

BSE (UK & Ireland)

trailer

You're missing the point.

Chlorine is systemic
BSE is not
Horse meat is not
Foot and Mouth is not

Food safety in the EU is really serious. I was talking to a Director of a chicken  feed company from Belgium recently. There is a strict series of tests that have to be carried out for all known risks.
The company got an order from a client that they couldn't process so they asked an Indian firm to do it. The Indians used some antibiotic in their factory that is banned in Europe. So it's not tested for. The antibiotic was picked up in Bangladesh.
The whole consignment had to be dumped. 

In the US nobody gives a f**k about food quality . Life expectancy is also lower
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU