Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2018, 05:35:32 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 09, 2018, 05:21:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2018, 05:11:20 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 09, 2018, 03:46:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 09, 2018, 03:39:22 PM
The new Leader has spoken
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-breaks-silence-on-kingsmill-controversy-and-defends-punishment-of-mp-36472207.html

Maybe you could get some scientists or medical professionals to grow a spine for you?

????????
Take the loaf out of your brain space and try and make some sense😉

You haven't the backbone to confront the dirt on your beloved FF, I think you may need to develop a spine to make that step.
You really need to get out more.
This is the SF thread - any comment or view on Marylou's comments about Barry McEejit?

I know's its the SF thread, you seem to get senile dementia when it comes to the FF and FG thread. Why is that?

foxcommander

The bread manufacturers should really have been a little bit more careful when considering naming their produce.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

michaelg

Quote from: foxcommander on January 09, 2018, 09:16:16 PM
The bread manufacturers should really have been a little bit more careful when considering naming their produce.
Charming.

Armamike

Poor stuff from McElduff. At best it's crass insensitivity and an awful lack of nous and judgement which suggests he's not fit to be a public representative.  I'd hate to think he actually knew what he was at.  It looks too coincidental though.

This is the problem Sinn Fein have when they set themselves up as the moral guardians around rights and respect.  The party can look pretty silly/cynical (whatever your viewpoint) when one member inevitably goes on a solo run.

We are very badly served by politicians here on both sides, and particularly the 2 main parties.  A lot of ineptitude, childish antics and buffonery and not much leadership and human decency it seems.

That's just, like your opinion man.

red hander

There's an old saying: "You get the politicians you deserve"

Orior

Quote from: michaelg on January 09, 2018, 09:18:00 PM
Charming.

Why have the newspapers continued to plaster the image over the front page of newspapers? If it is that upsetting, then...
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on January 10, 2018, 12:10:17 AM
Quote from: michaelg on January 09, 2018, 09:18:00 PM
Charming.

Why have the newspapers continued to plaster the image over the front page of newspapers? If it is that upsetting, then...

"The papers are publishing our stupidity, surely it's not as bad as everyone is saying so"

Shinner logic.

T Fearon

I am amazed at this.Mc Elduff was silly but I did not think he meant any offence,just didn't think.That little bigoted bastard Allister picked up on it and a bandwagon started.

But if Mc Elduff is silly surely this does not compare to the late Ian Paisley's falsely branding of my good friend,Eugene Reavey (whose three brothers were shot dead on the eve of Kingsmills) as an IRA member,a claim made when Eugene's mother was alive,and was rubbished by all and sundry including the RUC Chief Constable,yet Paisley,unlike Mc Elduff,steadfastly refused to apologise.

This was ten times worse than Mc Elduff,even if Mc Elduff was being deliberately provocative,which I doubt

whitey

Quote from: T Fearon on January 10, 2018, 12:25:50 AM
I am amazed at this.Mc Elduff was silly but I did not think he meant any offence,just didn't think.That little bigoted b**tard Allister picked up on it and a bandwagon started.

But if Mc Elduff is silly surely this does not compare to the late Ian Paisley's falsely branding of my good friend,Eugene Reavey (whose three brothers were shot dead on the eve of Kingsmills) as an IRA member,a claim made when Eugene's mother was alive,and was rubbished by all and sundry including the RUC Chief Constable,yet Paisley,unlike Mc Elduff,steadfastly refused to apologise.

This was ten times worse than Mc Elduff,even if Mc Elduff was being deliberately provocative,which I doubt

yeah.....but that was probably 40 years ago. McElduff happened within the past week

ardtole

Quote from: whitey on January 10, 2018, 02:26:31 AM
I am amazed at this.Mc Elduff was silly but I did not think he meant any offence,just didn't think.That little bigoted b**tard Allister picked up on it and a bandwagon started.

yeah.....but that was probably 40 years ago. McElduff happened within the past week

if you are using Paisley and the Dup as your benchmark for your moral standards then the bar is set at a very low level unfortunately.

I think Mcelduff should  have  had the decency to resign, there were too many coincidences for it not to be a deliberate "joke. That kind off stuff pissed me off and SF would have gained some credibility if they had been a bit more ruthless.

haranguerer

Not 40...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/feb/12/6

Named in an effort to justify the murders of his innocent brothers which kingsmill was retaliation for

MoChara

I can't help but think Barry's been caught by a bit of bad luck, if he'd done this in the middle of August no one would have batted an eyelid other than think he's a bin lid.

AQMP

This'll have to stop...that's twice in the past week I've agreed with Tony.

AQMP

McElduff's daughter (who was there) has given some context which could be "vaguely plausible" as they say.

Syferus

Quote from: MoChara on January 10, 2018, 09:03:42 AM
I can't help but think Barry's been caught by a bit of bad luck, if he'd done this in the middle of August no one would have batted an eyelid other than think he's a bin lid.

Trying to reduce the damage by saying he's so stupid that he didn't know the context of what he was doing is a truly incredible defence.