Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 08:49:53 PM
Bomber as someone who despises been labelled a freestater which when I last read an phoblacht in October 86 was a Parnell square term of abuse for a guard or agent thereof.....

Can you debate anything about the 26 counties beyond  Mary Boyle, the stardust or Dunmanway.. it's a very myopic view of 96 years of (partial )freedom.

I recall in 1985 Mcguinness at a meeting in north Roscommon  declaring the absolute need to go towards participation in elected  politics but saying he acknowledged it would give some awful gobshites  a platform. He had met you by then obviously......

I'm not debating them, I'm just commenting on how the usual suspects who line up with their mud balls whenever SF draw a bit of controversy are nowhere to be seen when their own parties are involved in very serious scandals. It's almost like they condone disgusting acts by their won but get on their soap box when it is others who are under the spotlight. Why is that?

Orchard park

No you are not debating them, you are repeating them ad nauseam like a piss poor opposition TD.

Straight  question . Do you want a United Ireland.......

Or do you want a bigger share of grubby brit cash and play at self governing.......

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orchard park on January 08, 2018, 09:07:38 PM
No you are not debating them, you are repeating them ad nauseam like a piss poor opposition TD.

Straight  question . Do you want a United Ireland.......

Or do you want a bigger share of grubby brit cash and play at self governing.......

Of course I'm repeating them, these same guys are on here like clockwork everytime and I think they should have their double standards outlined. I'd like a new Ireland, both states are rotten to the core.

Rossfan

Sinn Féin thread.
SF MP makes a clown of himself.
Along comes Bombast in full deflector mode and still at it 10 pages later.
Just admit your hero made a bigger title of himself than usual.
Then go off and open FG or FF  threads to your hearts content.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 09:11:05 PM
Sinn Féin thread.

Well I had a Stardust Thread and Mary Boyle thread and you guys didn't have a dickie bird in relation to condemning the establishment parties.

Odd wasn't it? When you come on here with your faux outrage, be prepared to have your sincerity questioned.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
Sinn Féin thread.

Well I had a Stardust Thread and Mary Boyle thread and you guys didn't have a dickie bird in relation to condemning the establishment parties.

Odd wasn't it? When you come on here with your faux outrage, be prepared to have your sincerity questioned.

True. All you are doing is making it evident of your hatred of all things SF. Just admit you hate SF, you think the IRA were a pile of terrorists and get on with it. Put it out in the open you guys.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 08, 2018, 09:16:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:14:46 PM
Sinn Féin thread.

True. All you are doing is making it evident of your hatred of all things SF. Just admit you hate SF, you think the IRA were a pile of terrorists and get on with it. Put it out in the open you guys.

Meanwhile trying to obstruct an investigation into the disappearance of a 6 year old girl because the main suspect was from a big FF party is perfectly acceptable to these guys and we should stop highlighting this as it makes these people look like hypocrites.

Rossfan

I have little time for SF in the 26 and will have even less when the awful Marylou is crowned.
I know where they're coming from in the 6 and where their sidekicks the Provo IRA were coming from.
The lads who shot the Kingsmill workers certainly deserve to be called terrorists anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on January 08, 2018, 09:27:36 PM
I have little time for SF in the 26 and will have even less when the awful Marylou is crowned.
I know where they're coming from in the 6 and where their sidekicks the Provo IRA were coming from.
The lads who shot the Kingsmill workers certainly deserve to be called terrorists anyway.

What about the lads who shot the Protestant men and boys in Dunmanway?

Therealdonald

Just read into why the Kingsmill incident happened. And identify those that died. That's all I'm saying.

LCohen

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

Is anybody defending them?

Anyway back to SF. A 3 month suspension from the party means precisely nothing. It's a non punishment. For all their talk this morning they have decided to ignore this one and ride it out.

Probably won't hurt them in the north. SDLP can't get going so the only threat to SF is an apathetic turnout. Might hurt them in the south though. There is a respect agenda in SF. But that is all it is - an agenda. There is no moral or intellectual commitment to giving respect

Orior

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 08, 2018, 09:32:45 PM

Just read into why the Kingsmill incident happened. And identify those that died. That's all I'm saying.

That's part of the problem with looking back at the past. All incidents are related in one way or another. Dealing with each in isolation leads to a narrative that my victims are more important than your victims.

Then you have to ask about how much the british knew about every attack - they had quite a number of spies and agents working for them on both sides.

I remember in the 1970's, it seemed that each murder was bringing us closer and closer to outright civil war and only one more would tip us over the edge.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: LCohen on January 08, 2018, 09:40:29 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:30:23 PM

Is anybody defending them?

Anyway back to SF. A 3 month suspension from the party means precisely nothing. It's a non punishment. For all their talk this morning they have decided to ignore this one and ride it out.

Probably won't hurt them in the north. SDLP can't get going so the only threat to SF is an apathetic turnout. Might hurt them in the south though. There is a respect agenda in SF. But that is all it is - an agenda. There is no moral or intellectual commitment to giving respect

More just turning a blind eye and acting like republicans in the pre-troubles conflict never did anything deplorable while pontificating to northern nationalists about the acts of the Provos.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Orior on January 08, 2018, 09:42:14 PM

That's part of the problem with looking back at the past. All incidents are related in one way or another. Dealing with each in isolation leads to a narrative that my victims are more important than your victims.

Then you have to ask about how much the british knew about every attack - they had quite a number of spies and agents working for them on both sides.

I remember in the 1970's, it seemed that each murder was bringing us closer and closer to outright civil war and only one more would tip us over the edge.

It's war, these were ordinary people doing things they would not do in the normal course of their lives.

What is more important to look at were those who could have intervened before things spiraled out of control but chose not to - The Free State and British Governments.

Orchard park

Quote from: Orior on January 08, 2018, 09:42:14 PM

It would be safe to say military intelligence aka MI5 were heavily involved in both the kingsmill massacre and also the actions of the glenanne gang