Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Choosing an IPTV service to subscribe to then setting it up on your box.

Taylor

Quote from: gallsman on July 25, 2019, 08:06:38 AM
Choosing an IPTV service to subscribe to then setting it up on your box.

Cheers GM.

Main Street

Quote from: Taylor on July 25, 2019, 08:04:44 AM
If I bought a MAG 254 Linux IPTV/OTT box what are the next steps to being able to stream all of the channels?
The MAG 254 is over 5 years old, don't expect too much or pay anything for it.

general

Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2019, 12:56:15 PM
I have a Freesat box but would like RTE, if I got a soarview box would it work with that Freesat dish

SB get an amazon fire stick for £40ish - let me know when you do - ill put you in contact with a guy who will offer you the full sky package via iptv along with a VPN to ensure you never encounter any issues. works out about 80 a year. flawless service

general

Quote from: Main Street on July 25, 2019, 11:47:39 AM
Quote from: Taylor on July 25, 2019, 08:04:44 AM
If I bought a MAG 254 Linux IPTV/OTT box what are the next steps to being able to stream all of the channels?
The MAG 254 is over 5 years old, don't expect too much or pay anything for it.

Totally agree

i would go towards the amazon fire stick - iptv providers are coming away from the mag boxes now as they arent reliable

general

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 24, 2019, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 09, 2019, 08:02:14 PM
I have an IPTV sub (viewed on a non-HD, non-smart TV via an android box) and it's decent enough but when I view HD channels, it's pretty poor - some buffering and a lag between picture and sound. Some channels (e.g. Sky Atlantic) don't have a non-HD option so I don't have a choice

Is this purely down to my internet connection? Or could it be hardware related? Is there any settings I can change on my android box to fix it?
If you try doing a cache clear on your apps that might help. There's instructions on the Internet

15-20mb/s is advised

gallsman

Quote from: general on July 26, 2019, 10:09:14 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 24, 2019, 02:35:01 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 09, 2019, 08:02:14 PM
I have an IPTV sub (viewed on a non-HD, non-smart TV via an android box) and it's decent enough but when I view HD channels, it's pretty poor - some buffering and a lag between picture and sound. Some channels (e.g. Sky Atlantic) don't have a non-HD option so I don't have a choice

Is this purely down to my internet connection? Or could it be hardware related? Is there any settings I can change on my android box to fix it?
If you try doing a cache clear on your apps that might help. There's instructions on the Internet

15-20mb/s is advised

I have 1 GB broadband and used to have almighty terrible with HD channels on my old provider. It's rarely your speed that is the issue and more the fact that the whole setups are dodgy as hell.

Current provider is excellent.

STREET FIGHTER

Fire Stick purchased!

If someone would be kind enough to PM me some recommendations/info on getting IPTV set up!

Not very technically minded when it comes to these things but hopefully easy enough!

heffo

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 26, 2019, 11:31:09 AM
Fire Stick purchased!

If someone would be kind enough to PM me some recommendations/info on getting IPTV set up!

Not very technically minded when it comes to these things but hopefully easy enough!

https://firestickappstips.com/smart-iptv-on-firestick/

Smokin Joe

I had thought the IPTV ship sailed a year or so ago as the providers were coming under huge pressure from Sky etc.
Is that not the case now?  What's happened since then?

Boycey

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 27, 2019, 08:23:31 AM
I had thought the IPTV ship sailed a year or so ago as the providers were coming under huge pressure from Sky etc.
Is that not the case now?  What's happened since then?

It was the Premier League moreso than Sky that put the pressure on last year. The got a court injunction against the top ISPs in the UK forcing them to block the streams of illegal providers during matches. After a bit of cat and mouse most providers were able to work around it using VPNs or other methods. The Premier League got the same injunction in Irish courts a few weeks back so Irish customers can maybe expect teething problems at the start of the season....

STREET FIGHTER

Does the likes of KODI operate still and easily downloaded onto the fire stick?

Any other platforms?

SF

Main Street

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 27, 2019, 01:25:18 PM
Does the likes of KODI operate still and easily downloaded onto the fire stick?

Any other platforms?

SF
Look at the web page from the link Heffo sent you, it's all there.

STREET FIGHTER

Square Ball

Quote from: general on July 26, 2019, 10:06:52 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on July 24, 2019, 12:56:15 PM
I have a Freesat box but would like RTE, if I got a soarview box would it work with that Freesat dish

SB get an amazon fire stick for £40ish - let me know when you do - ill put you in contact with a guy who will offer you the full sky package via iptv along with a VPN to ensure you never encounter any issues. works out about 80 a year. flawless service
Cheers, we don't have internet access which is a pain. The Freesat dish was the only way to get a TV signal as we're in the countryside.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid