FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Croí and Hardy are both right though. He dived.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2010, 06:35:44 PM

Doesn't stop them being grumpy moany shites though.

PS I said a few pages back it was a soft peno
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 11, 2010, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2010, 06:35:44 PM

Doesn't stop them being grumpy moany shites though.

PS I said a few pages back it was a soft peno

So it's alright to call Henry a cheating bastard but when Robbie dives around Landsdowne Road it's okay to turn a blind eye? Hypocrisy. I haven't heard of one report in the media that pulled Robbie up for that, shameful.

Soft peno my hole, it wasn't one, Robbie should have been booked for making a tit out of himself.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Billys Boots

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 11, 2010, 06:16:12 PM
I'd rather get the hockeying we were in line for than try and cheat and dive our way out of it. Honesty of effort goes a long way, I don't see soccer coming back from the depth's it has plunged to. It's now a "sport" that actively encourages cheating and diving and it's a much poorer game for it.

I was watching the U21 playoff between Iceland and Scotland last night - Scottish lad took a tumble (after the Iceland defender had pulled his foot back from the challenge) looking for a peno late on and got booked.  It's pitiful that it has come to this; and I don't see a way back either. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Worker

Hardy

Quote from: Main Street on October 09, 2010, 03:38:44 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 09, 2010, 03:28:41 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 09, 2010, 03:13:33 PM
In fact, the only complaints, are the usual self loathing Irish folk who occasionally condescend to watch an Irish international game.

What in the name of imperial hell is this supposed to mean?

People of a self flagellation nature who cannot look at an incident like this  objectively and come to a rational judgement of what happened and instead use their warped judgement of what happened as a stick to beat with . The rationality gets blinded by prejudice towards Keane, towards soccer, towards Ireland or any combination of the three.
Most times when Ireland get awarded a penalty it is regarded as down to luck by detractors. The last qualification campaign being also an example, Ireland were supposed to have had all the luck in order to finish 2nd, conveniently forgetting that Italy were fortunate to win in Montenegro, fortunate to get 2  incredible own goals in Georgia, a last gasp equaliser against us and a very fortunate last gasp winner against Cyprus.

No - sorry - still like a bull in a fog here trying to make out what you're on about. Can you do me a favour and just try and put in simple language instead of a parable or allegory. I just want to know how despising the cheating prattery of an overpaid little jackeen translates into loathing myself, since I have as much in common with him as I have with a ciotóg Mozambican monkey-minder. 

King Henry

What about the cheating prattery of Joe Sheridan? You have something in common with him though of course yer both annoying c***ts from Meath
I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

fitzroyalty

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: King Henry on October 12, 2010, 06:06:33 PM
What about the cheating prattery of Joe Sheridan? You have something in common with him though of course yer both annoying c***ts from Meath

Pissed off that you didn't get a chance to add to your extensive medal collection at the weekend? ;D

The Real Laoislad

Any team news?

This is the FAI Thread after all not the Grinds my gears thread...f**king moaners  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 12, 2010, 11:15:25 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 11, 2010, 06:16:12 PM
I'd rather get the hockeying we were in line for than try and cheat and dive our way out of it. Honesty of effort goes a long way, I don't see soccer coming back from the depth's it has plunged to. It's now a "sport" that actively encourages cheating and diving and it's a much poorer game for it.

I was watching the U21 playoff between Iceland and Scotland last night - Scottish lad took a tumble (after the Iceland defender had pulled his foot back from the challenge) looking for a peno late on and got booked.  It's pitiful that it has come to this; and I don't see a way back either.

Some goal Scotland scored from the centre spot..
But sure why bother mention it when you can have a good moan instead.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ross4life

From the BBC

Slovakia v Republic of Ireland team news
Republic of Ireland make two enforced changes to the team that lost 3-2 to Russia on Friday. Liam Lawrence has a leg muscle injury and so Keith Fahey comes into midfield, while Shane Long starts in attack because Kevin Doyle has a knee injury. Slovakia are without injured striker Robert Vittek and suspended Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel. Vladimir Weiss, currently on loan at Rangers from Manchester City, starts in midfield along with danger man Marek Hamsik.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Boycey

Can I just say that I hate international football..

screenmachine

Does that Green fella in midfield realise that he's playin for the green team. The clue's in his name like, i've never seen a player give the ball away so much at this level. Shocking.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Bord na Mona man

I wonder will the Republic get their first significant away win in a qualifier since Scotland in 1987?
Tradition suggests the Slovaks will equalise.