Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: maddog on April 07, 2020, 07:58:51 PM
Quote from: maddog on April 07, 2020, 03:58:08 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2020, 03:22:09 PM
What age? Is that in NI?

Edit: I should also say very sorry to hear that :(

thanks
He would be in North Yorkshire. He'd be the 80 mark but as fit as a fiddle up until last week. Sound aul skin too.

He passed away few hours ago. RIP

Oh that's awful. I'm really sorry for your loss.

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2020, 02:37:55 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 07, 2020, 02:16:45 PM
There's 49 in ICU in the whole of the 6 counties atm, 5 in Altnagelvin. The ICU numbers in Altnagelvin have remained fairly constant the last week or so eg 4 last Wed, 3 on the Thursday etc. How these numbers look in 2 weeks time, who knows?
The North-West definitely took it's lead from the South, so hopefully that pays dividends.

Some of the stats being bandied about are crazy and the crazier the better as regards social media, Whatsapp etc. This thread definitely isn't good for your health!

I think there is probably some context missing in that ventilator stat. Someone talked about CPAP there. I am not sure that is considered a ventilator so if you were on that you're ok. I am no expert on this mind but I am just not convinced by the stat.

Also I know quite a few now who have had this (between half a dozen and a dozen) and have been ok - very bad fever but that was the height of it. That's not to say it isn't horrendous and everyone clearly wants to avoid as much as possible in case you are one of those stats but the scenarios talked about are more in the minority than the majority.
Tested or just think they had it as they had a bad flu in December?

Milltown Row2

73 deaths in the North, MC doesn't want complacency seeping in!

3 deaths today, sister said Musgrave Park was busy today, are parks not closed?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 07, 2020, 10:44:17 PM

Casement Park is closed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on April 07, 2020, 10:47:41 PM

Casement Park is closed.

Was looked at as a possible place to help with testing but wasn't given the go ahead, not much luck with it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Nope, I drive past ormeau park on the way home from work and the pitches all had groups of 3 or 4 lads having a kick about.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 07, 2020, 11:20:38 PM

Nope, I drive past ormeau park on the way home from work and the pitches all had groups of 3 or 4 lads having a kick about.

Madness! Complete thickos!

Seen a guy on the pitches at the Uni, bag of balls and taking frees! Alone!

RedHand88

I went through two checkpoints on the way to work yesterday. Was pleased to see it. How times change fast...

maddog

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 07, 2020, 09:17:34 PM
What age? Is that in NI?

thanks
He would be in North Yorkshire. He'd be the 80 mark but as fit as a fiddle up until last week. Sound aul skin too.

It just seems so unfair that a man that has paid his way all his life, had 2 daughters NHS nurses and a son in law an NHS doctor gets thrown on the scrap heap. I know they have to prioritise given the present resources but it should never have come to this.

ardtole

The uk are going to pay a heavy price for the careless and reckless behaviour from their government, the opportunity to take early decisive action was overlooked in favour of short term economic benefits.

imtommygunn

I had heard that in Italy it started off that if you were over 75 you wouldn't get a ventilator but then with so many cases that ended up down at 40(a few weeks ago so may have lowered)  :(

Very sad for someone to live their life so long and then to die just like that and when you look at how the UK have handled it thus far it has been very poor as you'd expect from Johnston and Cummings. Very little care for people like the elderly.

Taylor

Quote from: maddog on April 08, 2020, 08:21:24 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 07, 2020, 09:17:34 PM
What age? Is that in NI?

thanks

It just seems so unfair that a man that has paid his way all his life, had 2 daughters NHS nurses and a son in law an NHS doctor gets thrown on the scrap heap. I know they have to prioritise given the present resources but it should never have come to this.

Sorry for your loss - its brutal.

Doctors/nurses having to play God (through no fault of their own) must also take an immense toll mentally.

When this is over how many of them will need psychological help?

imtommygunn

I was thinking exactly the same. There is going to be extreme PTSD for quite a few of them :(

Taylor

Just announced that the ICU is now full at the Mater in Dublin.

This would indicate there is going to be an increase in deaths going by previous instances in different countries.

Will be interesting to hear how many empty beds there is in other hospitals

Rois

Quote from: Taylor on April 08, 2020, 08:42:38 AM
Just announced that the ICU is now full at the Mater in Dublin.

This would indicate there is going to be an increase in deaths going by previous instances in different countries.

Will be interesting to hear how many empty beds there is in other hospitals
Listening to what they're saying, the 18 ICU beds are full, but they can double that number in theory by setting up a High Dependency Unit next door.  I don't think it means they are fully at their limit just yet.

The ventilator age limit in the north is/will be 70.  Frightening, when I consider that my parents are past that limit.