Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2007, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 16, 2007, 08:25:17 PM
cic
Quotecan anyone (parents that is) sit here and tell me they haven't made mistakes/ bad judgements/ etc etc with their children??
there's a difference between a mistake and negligence!

Maybe those of you who are judging them  will be comforted by the thought that the child may never be found and that will punish the parents to their graves!!Yes,  they were irresponsible  but the focus now should be on finding the little girl
And that's just silly.

Not something I say very often but I agree 100% with pog. I hope the kid turns up safe and well but when she does the parents should be prosecuted for neglect.

Glad I brought ye together Sammy!!charges   could  well be brought but how do you prove neglect or negligence in this case??God forbid that  either of the parents could be more culpable in another way  in this case as well!

balladmaker

I won't put the boot into the parents at this stage, to say I feel sorry for them is an understatement...it must be horrific what they are going through.

To put a more local perspective on it, its amazing that only a few weeks ago at Easter time, that little girl was running around Leo's Tavern in Crolly near Gweedore.  Little did the family know what was ahead of them in the coming few weeks!

sureyouwill

Quote from: cicfada on May 16, 2007, 09:11:35 PM
Quote from: SammyG on May 16, 2007, 09:06:34 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 16, 2007, 08:25:17 PM
cic
Quotecan anyone (parents that is) sit here and tell me they haven't made mistakes/ bad judgements/ etc etc with their children??
there's a difference between a mistake and negligence!

Maybe those of you who are judging them  will be comforted by the thought that the child may never be found and that will punish the parents to their graves!!Yes,  they were irresponsible  but the focus now should be on finding the little girl
And that's just silly.

Not something I say very often but I agree 100% with pog. I hope the kid turns up safe and well but when she does the parents should be prosecuted for neglect.

Glad I brought ye together Sammy!!charges   could  well be brought but how do you prove neglect or negligence in this case??God forbid that  either of the parents could be more culpable in another way  in this case as well!

Are you serious, please have another look at the map - these people were out merrily earing and drinking, whilst their kids aged 1, 1 and 3 were left totally unattended, I also doubt their alarm went of ever 15 minutes or half hour to remind them to stop their converation, stop eating their food, stop sipping their drink and race back to check!

cicfada

I have admitted that the parents are somewhat responsible for the disappearance of the child but at the end of the day an abductor did take the child. I believe they are being punished enough and if the child is not found would have a lifetime of punishment.WOuld this not be enough for you??What possible good could come out of  prosecuting the parents other than to keep the baying mob happy??And have any of you considered the punishment that the other 2 children would suffer, if their parents were put away for a stretch??that's my humble opinion anyway, we'll agree to differ I suppose.That's my last word on this tragedy!!

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

There's a little boy went missing in March from a poor part of Gran Canaria called Heremí - his posters are all over the holiday island but not a mention outside of there. It would still break your heart that someone could take a child away.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Star Spangler

I'm not entirely sure how leaving kids sleeping in their bedroom can be classified as negligent.  I suspect those saying otherwise don't have any children.

sureyouwill

Quote from: Star Spangler on May 17, 2007, 09:47:06 AM
I'm not entirely sure how leaving kids sleeping in their bedroom can be classified as negligent.  I suspect those saying otherwise don't have any children.

It is if you f**k off down to the local pub, are you therefore saying you have kids and at that young age you would put them to bed, physically leave the building that they were in and piss off out for the night, neglect doesn't come close.

the Deel Rover

All that matters at the moment is finding maddie and hoping that she is alive, of course our thoughts are with her  parents but i still can't believe that maddies parents went out for meal and left their 3 children under 4 years of age alone. As a parent myself my main duty is to protect my kids especially in this day and age ,i know its a sad state of affairs but i would not let my children play out in the front garden unattended because you do not know who is out there, you don't know who may be watching. When people choose to become parents from the moment your child is born you life changes only 1 thing in life matters and that is your child, they are precious and come before everything else.     
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

I see there was some Russian man taken for questioning
Any more development on this?

Hound

Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 17, 2007, 10:01:23 AM
but i still can't believe that maddies parents went out for meal and left their 3 children under 4 years of age alone. As a parent myself my main duty is to protect my kids especially in this day and age ,i know its a sad state of affairs but i would not let my children play out in the front garden unattended because you do not know who is out there, you don't know who may be watching. When people choose to become parents from the moment your child is born you life changes only 1 thing in life matters and that is your child, they are precious and come before everything else.     
Totally agree with you regarding the protection of children, but having stayed in one of these resorts/complexes, it wouldnt really feel like you "went out for meal and left your children alone". You're still in the complex, you're only across the swimming pool from your kids who are asleep in bed. I do not know what security is like in that particular compex, but in the one I was in last year there were only two entrances and both had 24 hour security. Nobody allowed in unless you are a resident or a worker.

I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old, and like you I wouldnt dream of leaving them on their own for even a minute, but I can understand how the parents got lulled into a sense of security, especially as there would have been other parents doing exactly the same thing.

High Catch

This seems to be the best explanation for what the parents did.  i have never stayed in one of these complex's but you can understand that they did feel the children were safe and out of harm.

the Deel Rover

[
Quote from: Hound on May 17, 2007, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 17, 2007, 10:01:23 AM
but i still can't believe that maddies parents went out for meal and left their 3 children under 4 years of age alone. As a parent myself my main duty is to protect my kids especially in this day and age ,i know its a sad state of affairs but i would not let my children play out in the front garden unattended because you do not know who is out there, you don't know who may be watching. When people choose to become parents from the moment your child is born you life changes only 1 thing in life matters and that is your child, they are precious and come before everything else.     
Totally agree with you regarding the protection of children, but having stayed in one of these resorts/complexes, it wouldnt really feel like you "went out for meal and left your children alone". You're still in the complex, you're only across the swimming pool from your kids who are asleep in bed. I do not know what security is like in that particular compex, but in the one I was in last year there were only two entrances and both had 24 hour security. Nobody allowed in unless you are a resident or a worker.

I have a 5 year old and a 3 year old, and like you I wouldnt dream of leaving them on their own for even a minute, but I can understand how the parents got lulled into a sense of security, especially as there would have been other parents doing exactly the same thing.

I understand what your saying hound i also stayed in a similiar complex a few years ago it was gated security with only 1 entrance,One day we just popped down to the shops to get some messages came back 30 minutes later and our apartment was looted , imagine if we had left our kids there unattended.  my point is that you have to be even more carefull on holidays as you don't know who is watchng you.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

full back

Gated security!!
Let's be honest, would you really trust these guys that are passed off as security?
Most of them would sell their own mother for a fiver
Most of them dont give a fcuk who goes in or out of the complex & are counting down the minutes till the end of their shift

Smokin Joe

Let me ask one question.

Do you think the parents would have left £50k in cash sitting on the bed and went out for something to eat and drink?

You can bet your bottom dollar they wouldn't have as they would have thought "what if somone breaks in?"

I am a parent I can categorically state that my kids have never (and will never) be left alone where they can't be heard.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just got the e-mail that's doing the rounds at the minute with Maddys picture and the poster and a statement from a family member, forwarded it to everyone in my address book.

Have since received 4 differing e-mails containing similar info. Has anyone else received this or similar e-mails? They reckon it could be with approx 80% of the internet pop within 2 weeks!
Tbc....