Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doire na raithe

Some people have no sense of humour these days.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: doire na raithe on January 10, 2009, 02:24:30 PM
Some people have no sense of humour these days.
Why is a 3 year old disappearing as funny as a 16 year old dying?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

doire na raithe

wow wow! Don't get ahead of yourself there pints, I was talking about the Tory having no sense of humour.

pintsofguinness

Doogie Browser

Cutting Edge documentary on C4 tonight at 9pm should be worth watching folks.

orangeman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 07, 2009, 08:27:02 PM

Gut wrenching stuff.

Interesting to note the hostility shown to Gerry Mc Cann from the locals in Portugal when he returns to Praia da Luz. Their economy has been badly affected by the Maddy story. How / why do they blame Gerry Mc Cann ??

Doogie Browser

Quote from: orangeman on May 07, 2009, 09:39:19 PM

Gut wrenching stuff.

Interesting to note the hostility shown to Gerry Mc Cann from the locals in Portugal when he returns to Praia da Luz. Their economy has been badly affected by the Maddy story. How / why do they blame Gerry Mc Cann ??
They associate (obviously) the parents with the adverse publicity the resort has received since, its obvious they have little or no sympathy for him which is sad.  Pretty ruthless stance to be honest, as it is a little girl who has been abducted regardless. 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 07, 2009, 09:49:58 PM

Gut wrenching stuff.

They associate (obviously) the parents with the adverse publicity the resort has received since, its obvious they have little or no sympathy for him which is sad.  Pretty ruthless stance to be honest, as it is a little girl who has been abducted regardless. 
Well that's debatable. 

ripping I missed the programme!

ardmhachaabu

Pints, I am not going to start reading the thread as that would be madness, can you summarise your views on this and why you hold them?

Just interested as I have always believed in the integrity of the parents and having watched the show, I feel even more that they had no part in their daughter's disappearance
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 07, 2009, 09:58:21 PM

Gut wrenching stuff.

Well that's debatable.  

Police seem certain now that she was indeed abducted. Do you think otherwise ?

Doogie Browser

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 07, 2009, 09:58:21 PM

Gut wrenching stuff.

Well that's debatable. 

Channel 4+1??

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 07, 2009, 10:04:30 PM
Pints, I am not going to start reading the thread as that would be madness, can you summarise your views on this and why you hold them?

Just interested as I have always believed in the integrity of the parents and having watched the show, I feel even more that they had no part in their daughter's disappearance
I dont know, but I think it's debatable. 
One thing is certain though, they were responsible for whatever happened her.  Who leaves a child alone to head to a restaurant. 

It's sad that the little girl has never been found but what's even sadder is the countless children who have disapeared since then but we never hear about them, no world wide appeals because their parents arent white doctors.  That's the saddest thing about the whole case imo.

Dont have access to that channel DB

Doogie Browser

Its all ok as an ex-RUC man is doing the investigation now

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 07, 2009, 10:21:36 PM

One thing is certain though, they were responsible for whatever happened her.  Who leaves a child alone to head to a restaurant. 

It's sad that the little girl has never been found but what's even sadder is the countless children who have disapeared since then but we never hear about them, no world wide appeals because their parents arent white doctors.  That's the saddest thing about the whole case imo.

Right, the bit I bolded I take issue with.  If you had seen tonight's programme I don't think you could have been in any doubt that they were in any way responsible for Maddie's disappearance.  They aren't thought of as suspects now so I don't see what your problem is with them.

Everything else you said I agree with.  Either me and Mrs ardmhachaabu get a baby-sitter or we take the boy with us, holidays or not.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 07, 2009, 10:56:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 07, 2009, 10:21:36 PM

Right, the bit I bolded I take issue with.  If you had seen tonight's programme I don't think you could have been in any doubt that they were in any way responsible for Maddie's disappearance.  They aren't thought of as suspects now so I don't see what your problem is with them.

Everything else you said I agree with.  Either me and Mrs ardmhachaabu get a baby-sitter or we take the boy with us, holidays or not.
What was so special about tonight's programme that would change my mind?