Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

The thing is though, Kate is caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. It is her child that is missing and she is accused, if she does not co-operate with the police, she is the key witness after all, how does she expect the police to find her daughter. If she is guilty she still has to answer the questions or she will look as if she has something to hide. It is quite simple if she has nothing to hide simply answer the questions and walk away in 90 minutes.

"She didnt answer the questions because she is not an idiot." you seem to be implying that she is guilty. Oh I suppose the police are always trying to frame doctors with expensive legal teams and pr machines looking after them. Get real if they were trying to frame someone they would have gone afte the local Village idiot and hung him out to dry. They could not even get this woman to answer a few straight forward and simple questions relating to the disappearance of her own child. How can this be? kate McCann not answering any questions whether she is guilty or innocent stinks to high heaven. Behaving like she did in that police interview shold push most right thinking people into thinking that she might be guilty.

Hound

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 05, 2008, 05:53:11 PM
"She didnt answer the questions because she is not an idiot." you seem to be implying that she is guilty. Oh I suppose the police are always trying to frame doctors with expensive legal teams and pr machines looking after them. Get real if they were trying to frame someone they would have gone afte the local Village idiot and hung him out to dry. They could not even get this woman to answer a few straight forward and simple questions relating to the disappearance of her own child. How can this be? kate McCann not answering any questions whether she is guilty or innocent stinks to high heaven. Behaving like she did in that police interview shold push most right thinking people into thinking that she might be guilty.
I did not imply she was guilty, nor that she was being framed.
She was a suspect.
Perhaps you should "get real".

Capt Pat

It is usually only guilty people who don't answer questions. People with nothing to hide should be able to answer questions in order to clear things up and move the investigation along, why was Kate unable to do this? Saying "She didn't answer the questions because she is not an idiot" does imply that she may well have something to hide. I can't change the fact that you said that or what it means.

Hound

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 05, 2008, 06:10:54 PM
Saying "She didn't answer the questions because she is not an idiot" does imply that she may well have something to hide. I can't change the fact that you said that or what it means.
No it does not imply she has something to hide. It implies that she has the sense to do what her lawyers tell her.
But you not being able to comprehend that explains your posts.

pintsofguinness

QuoteIt is usually only guilty people who don't answer questions. People with nothing to hide should be able to answer questions in order to clear things up and move the investigation along,

Agree, if you're accused of something in the wrong you'd be only too keen to answer questions to clear your name particularly if you had an interest in finding out who was actually involved. 

What were these questions anyway? I can't imagine what she'd be afraid to answer (everyone knew/knows she, at best, is a negligent parent) if she had nothing to hide.

Guilty as sin.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

pintsofguinness

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2008, 01:22:47 PM
I'm not going to post the link but I see there's been a website set up counting down until Maddie McCann "is of legal age"!  :o ::)

F**k you are sad.

ziggysego

Jesus, the sun must be getting to you.
Testing Accessibility

seanf

Any word on the wee lass? ???

News seems to have gone quiet!

Old Bill

Thus case has been overshadowed at the moment by the Baby P and Karen Matthew story altho once the journos have a slow news day, they will reel off some front page story which is full of sh1t. The lead detective in the case has released a book in portugal, which is very damning on the McCanns but Brit publishers wont touch it with a Bargepole.

Uladh

McCanns' anger at Tory activist

Kate and Gerry McCann have condemned a Conservative activist who boasted about dressing up as Madeleine McCann at a party, calling his actions "offensive".

Matthew Lewis has now apologised "unreservedly" to the McCanns. He was expelled from the party after telling friends of his New Year party exploits.

Tory chairman Caroline Spelman said the Conservative Future activist's actions were "completely unacceptable".

Madeleine was three in 2007 when she vanished during a holiday in Portugal.

'Regret'

Despite a worldwide hunt, there has been no trace of her since.

In a statement released on Friday, Mr Lewis said: "I unreservedly apologise to Mr and Mrs McCann for my actions.

"I completely regret my behaviour that night and since, and cannot express how sorry I am for the incredible hurt I have caused.

"Whilst my actions were not meant to be malicious, I fully understand the pain they have brought."

This offensive behaviour is not only shocking but intolerable and completely unacceptable

Caroline Spelman

Mr Lewis, who is believed to studying in London, told friends on the Facebook website that he planned to attend a party dressed as Madeleine McCann.

He said his costume would include "pink pyjamas, a teddy bear and a vial of fake blood".

After the party, Mr Lewis used the website to tell another Conservative Future member that "there was a brief moment when I thought I might have gone too far with elements of the costume but it was OK".

Mr Lewis was listed by Conservative Future as its branch chairman in Staffordshire although he is reported to have resigned from the position last month.

Staffordshire Conservative Future's website now lists the post of chairman as "vacant".

He was pictured campaigning alongside Tory leader David Cameron during last year's Crewe and Nantwich by-election.

A spokesman for the McCanns said his actions were "offensive almost beyond belief".

Kate and Gerry McCann are demanding an apology

"His actions are not only disgraceful in themselves, they will also cause great hurt to Kate and Gerry," he said.

"It is a complete disgrace that Madeleine's name and image should be made fun of in this way."

But the spokesman praised the "swift and appropriate" action taken by the Conservatives against Mr Lewis.

In a statement, Conservative Central Office said there was "no place for this sort of person in the party".

"This offensive behaviour is not only shocking but intolerable and completely unacceptable," Mrs Spelman said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7820727.stm

What a f**king w**ker

pintsofguinness

And idiot of the year award goes to .....

ziggysego

Saw that on the news last night and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Deserves a kicking and I'm glad he was kicked of the party.
Testing Accessibility