Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

The police leading the investigation into the disappearance of Shannon Matthews are investigating the theory that the whole thing was a set up by the family to gain money from the media.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Armaghtothebone

It now turns out that Gerry McCann has six other children by 5 other wives in 3 different continents.
His uncle is a paedoephile with at least 4 restraining orders taken out against him by four different women.
Lo and behold Kates sister and sister-in-law were invloved too!

OH NO WAIT A MINUTE THATS SHANNON'S "PARENTS"

The cops have a lovely phrase to cover certain things
"xxxxx was known to local police"

Whats the odds the entire Mathews clan falls into the "known to local police" category?

ludermor

any chance we can have the last reply in english?

gaagaa

coming up to a year now - are there any rumours going around of potential sightings?

gaagaa

read this story today - the parents were wrong but lets not forget the child is the one paying the heaviest price

glenullinabu

Remember Madeleine McCann - somebody somewhere knows something - hard to believe its been a year - God help the child

Double Cross

Just when you thought madeleine McCann was pissing it in the world hide and seek championships, an Austrian pops up with 24 years in a cellar.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Double Cross on May 02, 2008, 11:20:11 PM
Just when you thought madeleine McCann was pissing it in the world hide and seek championships, an Austrian pops up with 24 years in a cellar.

God you are some craic double

Square Ball

where to now for this?

Madeleine police inquiry shelved 

The police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been shelved, Portugal's attorney general has said.

The child's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, and a third British national, Robert Murat are no longer formal suspects he also confirmed.

Her parents said they were "relieved" to be cleared of any involvement, but there was "no degree of celebration".

Madeleine, of Rothley, Leicestershire, disappeared on 3 May 2007, aged three.

The McCanns and Mr Murat all strongly denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance from her holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz.

And attorney-general Fernando Jose Pinto Monteiro said the 14-month investigation had uncovered no evidence of a crime by any of them.

Speaking after the announcement, the McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "It's far too early to give their immediate reaction yet, but they are, of course, liaising closely with their lawyers in Portugal and Britain," he said.

"Once they have digested the content of the attorney-general's statement and any implications, they will give a reaction a little later this evening."

Libel case

The BBC's Alison Roberts, who is in Portugal, said the McCanns would now be able to apply for access to the police case files, which they hope could help their own private investigators search for their daughter.

Mr Mitchell said: "The main thing now is to get everything back to finding Madeleine. All of this has damaged their good reputations and they will have to assess where they go from here."

Detectives submitted their final report at the start of July to prosecutors.

Former lead detective Goncalo Moral talks to Steve Kingstone
Last week Mr Murat received a £600,000 settlement and apology after a libel claim over allegations in 11 UK newspapers.

In March Mr and Mrs McCann reached a libel settlement and got an apology from Express Newspapers for suggesting they were responsible for her death.

In an interview with the BBC, Goncalo Amaral - the former police chief leading the Madeleine inquiry - said he believed she was dead.   We tried and we worked hard, so we can't be accused of incompetence or failure

Goncalo Amaral
Former head of Madeleine inquiry 

"The evidence that we had gathered by the time that I left the case pointed to the girl being dead - and having died inside the apartment," he said.

"I don't know what happened next, I can't say. We'll have to wait for the case files to be made public."

Mr Amaral was removed from the case last October after reportedly criticising the British police.

He is now publishing a book about the investigation and denied that Portuguese police had failed to carry it out properly.

"Let's wait, and people will see that the Portuguese police and the British police did a good job - because various British agencies were involved.

"We tried and we worked hard, so we can't be accused of incompetence or failure."

Mr Amaral also insisted that despite them being made formal suspects, there was "no persecution" of the McCanns.

"The police don't want to persecute anyone - just to investigate what happened in a given case," he said.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

glenullinabu

Quote from: Square Ball on July 21, 2008, 04:51:23 PM
The BBC's Alison Roberts, who is in Portugal, said the McCanns would now be able to apply for access to the police case files, which they hope could help their own private investigators search for their daughter.

do we really believe that theyll get all the papers in the file?

youngfella

they got away with the prefect crime, may they rot in hell
Pull hard and early

Minder

Its the way you tell them Double Cross.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

scud

What's the difference between Maddy McCann and Pope John Paul the second?

I'm a newbie, will i get banned for a punchline?

It still continues to amaze me how effective the McCann PR machine is. I was watching ITV last night and they're now towing the party line - that it was a disgrace the McCann's were investigated, 'how much damage it caused the hunt for maddy will never be known' etc etc

Statistically, the likelihood of a complete stranger walking off the street, just happening to find unminded children in an unlocked apartment is so low that it would be amazing if the McCann's hadn't been investigated

glenullinabu

Quote from: scud on July 22, 2008, 10:12:18 AM
Statistically, the likelihood of a complete stranger walking off the street, just happening to find unminded children in an unlocked apartment is so low that it would be amazing if the McCann's hadn't been investigated

those paedos are really thick - they wouldnt be able to spot patterns of parents leaving kids unattended ::)
imagine what would happen if they could learn how to switch on computers

what a pile of shite you ar eposting

Yes I Would

Whatever the outcome it has been a f**king tragedy. Hopefully the truth will come out someday.

I just hope to god the parents werent invloved, as i cant think of a more evil deed.