Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

A close friend of Kate and Gerry McCann has told the BBC she saw a man carrying a child through the Portuguese holiday resort where they were staying.

In an exclusive interview, Jane Tanner said she remained adamant Madeleine McCann had been abducted.

Ms Tanner was among a group of friends who dined with the McCanns on 3 May as they left Madeleine and their two other children asleep in an apartment nearby.

Her parents were named as official suspects in September.

Madeleine, from Rothley, Leicestershire, vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz days before her fourth birthday.

Ms Tanner told the BBC's Panorama programme how her friend Rachael came to her holiday apartment to tell her Madeleine had gone at about 10pm.

I know what I saw and I think it's important that people know what I saw because I believe Madeleine was abducted
Jane Tanner

"And then I saw Kate and Fiona running around shouting 'Madeleine', and Kate said to me, 'Jane, Madeleine's gone, Madeleine's gone'.

"And that's the first I heard."

Jane Tanner is potentially a crucial witness in the police investigation.

Ms Tanner says at about 9.15pm she saw a man walking away from the complex with a child, but at the time thought nothing of it.

It was another 45 minutes before friends informed her Madeleine had disappeared and now she says she is convinced that child was Madeleine.

'Liar and fantasist'

Much of the police investigation focuses on the timeline of events on the night of 3 May.

And the group of friends who dined together - the so-called Tapas Nine - have been key to piecing it together.

Among them were friends and fellow holiday-makers including Rachael Oldfield and Dr Fiona Payne.

The face was left blank as Ms Tanner could not recall some details

Ms Tanner insists she has done everything to help with the police investigation but decided to talk to the media after being called "a liar and a fantasist".

"I know what I saw and I think it's important that people know what I saw because I believe Madeleine was abducted," she said.

Ms Tanner also said that she would be willing to be questioned again by police if it helped with Madeleine's investigation.

Last month the McCanns released artist's sketches of a man drawn by an FBI-trained forensic artist using details from Ms Tanner.

She had described the man she saw as aged about 35 to 40, 5ft 6in (1.7m) tall, and slim and the child he was carrying was described as wearing the same pyjamas as Madeleine.

The artist, commissioned by private detectives working for the McCanns, left the man's face blank as Ms Tanner was unsure about some details

The police say they do want to speak to all friends who were with the McCanns on the night Madeleine vanished.

They are reassessing the case but continue to believe that Madeleine was either abducted or died as a result of an accident in the holiday flat.

The full interview with Jane Tanner can be seen on Panorama: The Mystery of Madeleine McCann on BBC One at 2100 GMT on Monday 19 November.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7098390.stm

Kate and Gerry McCann should be facing, at the very least, charges relating to child neglect and some of their friends should be looking at the same.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

slow corner back

Why should the friends face any charges they are not responsible for what the McCanns do with their children? If they did something similar with their own that is a different matter. As for this woman seeing some unidentified man in a holiday complex with an unidentified child, big deal, holiday maker walks round resort with child??? What next suspicious man lay on a deck chair and sunbathed in the Algarve!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: slow corner back on November 17, 2007, 02:57:31 PM
Why should the friends face any charges they are not responsible for what the McCanns do with their children? If they did something similar with their own that is a different matter. As for this woman seeing some unidentified man in a holiday complex with an unidentified child, big deal, holiday maker walks round resort with child??? What next suspicious man lay on a deck chair and sunbathed in the Algarve!!
They did something similar, sure they were running back and forward to rooms checking on the children they left alone too.

If you were on holiday with a group of friends and their children and you saw a stranger carrying what you thought to be you friends child would you not challenge that person? Or would you let him walk off and not mention him for 6 months.
Yeah but she couldn't see the child but now she's sure it was maddie!  Aye right, her story stinks.  Can't wait to see interview.

pintsofguinness

BBC1 Now

Negligent parents on show.

balladmaker

QuoteFrancisco Marco, the boss of Metodo 3 said: 'We are 100 per cent sure she is alive. We are sure she was abducted. We are very, very close to finding the kidnapper.'

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would the private detective come out and say "We are very, very close to finding the kidnapper"...?  Surely it would be a better policy to just find them and then announce it to the world, rather than tipping the kidnapper off in advance!  Makes me think they are just seeking a bit of attention for their business.

ziggysego

Wasn't one of the papers claimed today that the police think that the McCann's have sold Maddie?

Personally I think it's rubbish, but it goes to show you want the papers will do to sell their rags.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on November 26, 2007, 09:48:43 PM
Wasn't one of the papers claimed today that the police think that the McCann's have sold Maddie?

Personally I think it's rubbish, but it goes to show you want the papers will do to sell their rags.
Bloody hell, thats a new one
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Quote from: ziggysego on November 26, 2007, 09:48:43 PM

They sold their own child? :o

What paper was this? The Daily Sport?

Square Ball

While I hope that she would be home it doesnt look like it.

I wonder what evidence he had to make the statement "I cannot say who she is with because we are putting together conclusive proof we can present to the authorities so they can proceed with their arrests.

"God willing, I hope she'll be back with her parents before Christmas."

balladmaker

QuoteI wonder what evidence he had to make the statement "I cannot say who she is with because we are putting together conclusive proof we can present to the authorities so they can proceed with their arrests.

"God willing, I hope she'll be back with her parents before Christmas."

I can't understand how anyone can treat this PI agency with any credibility whatsoever.  If they are so certain that they are about to make their move on the kidnappers, why go public now at such a crucial stage.  I'm sure the kidnappers also watch the news, read newspapers, monitor the internet just like the rest of us.  So why tip them off in advance.

I think thie Metodo agency are just trying to string things out, therefore prolonging their lucrative employment by the McCanns.  I read that they expect to receive in the region of £750,000 for their services to date!

I hope I am wrong about them, but we will see in the next few days if they are just a crowd of liars or not.

gaagaa

God help the McCann family at this time of year
Hopefully there will be a +ve breakthrough in this case soon

Minder

Madeleine film reports dismissed 

Madeleine McCann's parents have denied reports they are planning to make a film about her disappearance.
Writing on his online blog, Madeleine's father Gerry McCann said speculation about a film deal was "simply untrue".

However, he did confirm there had been talks with a production company about making a documentary on the couple.

He said projects were assessed to see if they could help find Madeleine, who disappeared in Portugal, just before her fourth birthday, last May.

'Simply untrue'

Writing on his blog on Tuesday, Mr McCann said: "Some of the media coverage today has been at its worst since Kate and I were declared arguidos [formal suspects].

"We can categorically deny that we are considering a movie about Madeleine's disappearance. This is simply untrue.

"We are approached by a huge number of media outlets regarding a myriad of projects, only a tiny proportion of which we agree to.

"Each proposal is considered on whether it is likely to have a positive effect, either directly or indirectly on the search for Madeleine."

He added that there had been a "preliminary discussion" with a production company about a documentary on the issues the family had faced since the disappearance of their daughter.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

I hope those PIs got the sack.

pintsofguinness

Madeleine: No film will be made unless she's found - alive or dead
By IAN GALLAGHER - More by this author » Last updated at 00:47am on 13th January 2008

Kate and Gerry McCann have been told that the proposed documentary about their daughter's disappearance can go ahead only if she is found – alive or dead.

At a meeting last month with entertainment agency IMG, it was explained to the couple's representatives that the search for four-year-old Madeleine must reach a 'conclusion' before production on the film can begin.

A source said: 'It was awkward to raise but there would need to be an ending – either Madeleine being found alive or a body being discovered.

Impersonator: Kelsey Lynn Kudla's services are for sale. It was eight months ago that Madeleine vanished

"If this wasn't the case, and there was a major development after filming and editing, it could render the documentary redundant."

Channel 4 and production company Darlow Smithson are handling the controversial project and have lined up highly regarded director Louise Osmond.

It is thought a film could earn the McCanns as much as £2million, which would help towards the cost of the search for their daughter, who disappeared from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, last May.

The couple's official spokesman, Clarence Mitchell said they would consider only "something done sensitively and considerately".

The proposed documentary about missing Madeleine McCann can only go ahead if she is found
It is believed that the McCanns' representatives were attracted to the proposal because of a previous Darlow Smithson documentary about a teenage girl who vanished in the United States in 2002.

The 14-year-old was snatched from her bedroom in Salt Lake City by a religious maniac but found safe nine months later.

There was another blow for the McCanns yesterday when the authorities in Morocco – identified by their detective agency Metodo 3 as a key area in the search for Madeleine – declared there was "no evidence of her being here".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=507918&in_page_id=1770

I'd say the Holywood blockbuster is just around the corner. 

Square Ball

was watching news 24 when this broke and they kept refering to making a documentary on the abduction of Maddie, now unless there has been some new evidence I cannot remember this being proven yet.