Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cross4capital

it doesnt look good, id say theres a good chance the wife killed her and the husband is helpin her cover it up, i mean look at her face she looks evil.

ziggysego

Cross, there's no need for comments like that.
Testing Accessibility

cross4capital

i cant express an opinion ziggy? get over yourself.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J70

Quote from: cross4capital on September 10, 2007, 11:28:41 PM
it doesnt look good, id say theres a good chance the wife killed her and the husband is helpin her cover it up, i mean look at her face she looks evil.

She looks "evil"?

muppet

This case is a dream for the media and a nightmare for everyone else.

Any paper or TV News Station can get huge mileage out of 'the DNA in the car could have come from the teddy'. However it is reasonable to assume that anyone with the expertise to find, examine and positively identify the DNA of a missing child might possibly be able to think of that too. ::) I think we can take it anyone analysing DNA is pretty much an expert. Even if they were stupid foreign non-British people.

It still doesn't prove anything but the automatic media response of 'the police must be stupid over there' is beginning to annoy me and I admit turning my opinion (which of course is ludicrous). 
MWWSI 2017

Yer Ma

IF (and it still is an if) it turns out that Maddy's parents were indeed involved in her death I'll be interested in seeing how the British press changes tack. For the past weeks we have been bombarded with headlines and stories of a 'how dare they even question Gerry and Kate' nature. While the Portuguese police have been dodgy to say the least, who are the papers to say who is guilty of what?

Star Spangler

Why did the police look for DNA in the car 25 days after Maddie disappeared?

A Quinn Martin Production

Now I'm no expert on DNA or statistics but it's interesting that now a 99% DNA match is a full match...what then does that make a 100% match??  The BBC are reporting this morning that the police are playing down the significance of the DNA evidence...Sky News playing it up ???
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

TractorTom

You see there is the problem right there, is it a 99% match, is it a 100% match, is it an 80% match?
And how come it's being referred to in terms of percentages when DNA is generally referred to as 1 in one million or so on.

I hate being this confused.

Bensars

Substantial quantities of Madeleine McCann's hair were found in the boot of her parents' hire car, it's been revealed.

Investigators are convinced so much hair was found that her body must have been stored in the vehicle, which was hired more than three weeks after she disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481028&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Pamela Fenn, who was in an apartment above the family on May 3 - the night Madeleine disappeared - is quoted as saying she believed Mrs McCann sometimes became violent and "out of control" in the room below.

She claimed that "the little girl's screams calling for her daddy were very audible".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481168&in_page_id=1811

Mentalman

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on September 11, 2007, 09:52:33 AM
Now I'm no expert on DNA or statistics but it's interesting that now a 99% DNA match is a full match...what then does that make a 100% match??  The BBC are reporting this morning that the police are playing down the significance of the DNA evidence...Sky News playing it up ???

DNA is statictically only ever 99.999% reliable for matching, there is always the slight possibility that the DNA profile matches someone else by mere chance. The likelihood of this happening is usually well below 0.001% (1 in 100,000), but it depends on the race of the person involved.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Quote from: Bensars on September 11, 2007, 11:16:46 AM
Substantial quantities of Madeleine McCann's hair were found in the boot of her parents' hire car, it's been revealed.

Investigators are convinced so much hair was found that her body must have been stored in the vehicle, which was hired more than three weeks after she disappeared.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481028&in_page_id=1811&ct=5

Pamela Fenn, who was in an apartment above the family on May 3 - the night Madeleine disappeared - is quoted as saying she believed Mrs McCann sometimes became violent and "out of control" in the room below.

She claimed that "the little girl's screams calling for her daddy were very audible".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481168&in_page_id=1811

Well if you read the whole of the Daily Mail articles they tell you feck all really.

Quote from: Mentalman on September 11, 2007, 01:55:01 PM
Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on September 11, 2007, 09:52:33 AM

DNA is statictically only ever 99.999% reliable for matching, there is always the slight possibility that the DNA profile matches someone else by mere chance. The likelihood of this happening is usually well below 0.001% (1 in 100,000), but it depends on the race of the person involved.

Yes but if you take two DNA samples from the same person surely that's a 100% metch??  I thought the chances of two people having the exact same DNA profile was somewhere in the region of 1 in a billion

MauriceMalpas

Question:
How many people got sent those Maddy emails and didnt delete instanteously?

I reckon its ripe for a reply all, assuming the parent's alleged guilt is proven.