China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Car crash stuff from Robbie Swann on last nights Nolan show
Was asked why he hasn't given dates said because it's data driven
Was asked what does the data need to show
Hadnt an answer
Said everything is dropping very quickly so was asked why can't he open some places
All he could say was its data driven but couldn't answer what the data needs to be
Arlene doesn't agree with the data she signed off
Michelle who also signed it off won't apologise for breaking the rules
Lockord said it's clear as mustard
Another DUP member has asked why we are not given tha data we need to hit! Ask your boss she signed it off
Sinn Fein just head for the bunkers
SDLP what is the point of them? Never to be seen
Was a big opportunity for a few parties to gain some credibility here but no where to be seen

Milltown Row2

Are they not look looking at it on the 18th?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2021, 07:44:14 AM

They are.

But what are they looking at and what are they measuring it against on this date?

johnnycool

Quote from: Taylor on March 04, 2021, 08:04:00 AM

They are.

But what are they looking at and what are they measuring it against on this date?

As said before it can't really be that hard to reveal the KPI's that need to happen before certain measures are relaxed, i.e. the R number, number of vaccinations of certain cohorts, hospitalisation rates etc etc so that when people act the bollox at house parties or travelling in from god knows where or a new strain comes along and impacts some of these things in a negative way then we know to expect either a slowing of the relaxations or a tightening again.
We are adults (well some of us are).

themac_23

Quote from: johnnycool on March 04, 2021, 08:25:32 AM

They are.

As said before it can't really be that hard to reveal the KPI's that need to happen before certain measures are relaxed, i.e. the R number, number of vaccinations of certain cohorts, hospitalisation rates etc etc so that when people act the bollox at house parties or travelling in from god knows where or a new strain comes along and impacts some of these things in a negative way then we know to expect either a slowing of the relaxations or a tightening again.

Robin Swann would have been better saying nothing last night, really came across as someone who had a script and not able to vary from it. I have zero time for Nolan but he asked the basic questions everyone is asking, what is the data? Robin Swann sept saying its a number of things but then wouldn't say what the numbers were for those things, I think the simple reason being with the vaccine rollout and how the numbers are going things would be opening up very shortly.

On the variant thing they keep talking about, im worried about this being used as a way of keeping people from asking too many questions, its already been stated by virologists that it would be more unusual if a virus didn't mutate and change.

as much as Boris is a clown he at least seems to be taking advice from a number of different experts in different areas and using them to blend together a plan, I think in Englands case the biggest thing they have done is said that the cases aren't going to be the driver going forward it will be the hospital admissions given that the vaccines main job is to limit the effects of the virus if you do catch it, to me that is def the most reasonable approach going forward.

sid waddell

See there was a bomb attack on a Dutch testing centre yesterday morning

Shows the threat of the ideology of the Covid deniers and science deniers, and where all this amplification of science denial and fake news leads

People can complain about having to hear about culture wars all they like, but there's only one side that's driving culture war, and we all know which side that is, and how dangerous they are

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: themac_23 on March 04, 2021, 08:55:12 AM

They are.

Robin Swann would have been better saying nothing last night, really came across as someone who had a script and not able to vary from it. I have zero time for Nolan but he asked the basic questions everyone is asking, what is the data? Robin Swann sept saying its a number of things but then wouldn't say what the numbers were for those things, I think the simple reason being with the vaccine rollout and how the numbers are going things would be opening up very shortly.

On the variant thing they keep talking about, im worried about this being used as a way of keeping people from asking too many questions, its already been stated by virologists that it would be more unusual if a virus didn't mutate and change.

as much as Boris is a clown he at least seems to be taking advice from a number of different experts in different areas and using them to blend together a plan, I think in Englands case the biggest thing they have done is said that the cases aren't going to be the driver going forward it will be the hospital admissions given that the vaccines main job is to limit the effects of the virus if you do catch it, to me that is def the most reasonable approach going forward.

Anytime he talks he gives off the attitude of how dare you question me.

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 04, 2021, 09:48:56 AM

They are.

More the puppy dog eyes and "I'm doing my best here with things I don't properly understand" vibe.

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on March 04, 2021, 10:24:46 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 04, 2021, 09:48:56 AM

They are.

More the puppy dog eyes and "I'm doing my best here with things I don't properly understand" vibe.

He doesn't know. The HS doesn't know. They're bumbling about in the dark. Pengelly and others in charge don't know what they're are doing. It's typical of the NICS. Underworked, overpaid, bloated. No accountability. This is what the civil servants produced and what's more our politicians accepted it and went out and defended it as if it was acceptable. More brains in a false face than there is with some of those politicians.

Louther

EMA have started a rolling review on the Russian Spudnik vaccine. It's not an application for use but will help speed it up if it does come. There is some issues as with the vaccines about supply and spudnik appears to be no different if orders start to roll in the capacity not there and Russia has said it will have to look at manufacturing this elsewhere as their own plants are at full capacity for their own needs and those orders they've committed to.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 04, 2021, 11:50:43 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56277669

Swanny growing on me

Will it be a case of wait and see what happens % wise (vaccine uptake) when we start getting down into the Twitter / Facebook age profiles? Vaccine passports for travel will definitely happen imo, so overall % adults wise should be high

trailer

Quote from: JoG2 on March 04, 2021, 11:59:28 AM

Swanny growing on me

Will it be a case of wait and see what happens % wise (vaccine uptake) when we start getting down into the Twitter / Facebook age profiles? Vaccine passports for travel will definitely happen imo, so overall % adults wise should be high

Much as I suspected. It'll be difficult to enforce on the service industry but he hinted strongly at Vaccine travel passports.

trueblue1234

Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2021, 12:05:40 PM

Swanny growing on me

Much as I suspected. It'll be difficult to enforce on the service industry but he hinted strongly at Vaccine travel passports.

Got mine yesterday due to Asthma (Was really surprised to get the call as it's only mild). Was delighted as I honestly think it will be required for travel this year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 04, 2021, 12:10:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2021, 12:05:40 PM

Swanny growing on me

Got mine yesterday due to Asthma (Was really surprised to get the call as it's only mild). Was delighted as I honestly think it will be required for travel this year.

Do you think you'll be going anywhere the year though? I wouldn't have thought it was on the table really? Unless you've a right few quid about you 👀