K. Duffy. D. Wylie. F. Kelly
C walshe. V. Corey. D. None
      G. Doogan. O. Lennon
P. Finlay. K. Hughes. P. Donaghy
D. Malone. J. Mccarron. C. McManus
Dessie won't be happy with that :)

There's a 4 point victory in that team.

BennyCake

I hope Jamie Clarke is picked up by Keith Duffy. Another 11 points for sure!  ;D

drici

v     

orangeman

Monaghan will take the beating here. They've a very strong side out.

Championship dress rehearsal. It could be tasty.

Sleater

Kieran Duffy has essentially lost his place in the team, but back for the Armagh game as Monaghan have left out all their U-21's for this game. Ryan Wylie, Pauric Keenan, Thomas Kerr, Conor Boyle sit it out.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Sleater on March 14, 2014, 01:20:22 AM
Kieran Duffy has essentially lost his place in the team, but back for the Armagh game as Monaghan have left out all their U-21's for this game. Ryan Wylie, Pauric Keenan, Thomas Kerr, Conor Boyle sit it out.

I'm not so sure. I reckon Duffy would still be pushing Ryan Wylie for a corner back spot. As stated above, it could a championship dress rehearsal. I take your point re the U21's but I think Duffy is there or there about.

How's the bench gonna look on Sat with the U21's absent from it, that's a concern surely?

Bingo

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 14, 2014, 10:35:07 AM

I'm not so sure. I reckon Duffy would still be pushing Ryan Wylie for a corner back spot. As stated above, it could a championship dress rehearsal. I take your point re the U21's but I think Duffy is there or there about.

How's the bench gonna look on Sat with the U21's absent from it, that's a concern surely?

No problem on the bench for Saturday, it was released last night as well. Bit light on defenders with Conor Calligan and Karl O'Connell on it and Marty McElory can cover wing back. Then you've Dick Clerkin, Peter O'Hanlon, Chrissy McGuinness, Gollogy in reserve with Peter O'Hanlon and Owen Duffy back.

Plenty of experience there.

Orior

Anyone know if Chrissy McGuinness's dad is originally from Armagh?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Sleater

Kieran Duffy will be very lucky if he keeps his place come championship time. Ryan Wylie looks a dead cert for corner back this year. Fintan Kelly has improved from last year and is arguably higher up the pecking order than Kieran Duffy. Remember O'Rourke also huge time for Truagh's Paudie McKenna (though he's been unavailable due to Truagh's involvment in club competitions). I expect the likes of McKenna and Cremartin's Johnny McGuigan will get some NFL game time after the end of Monaghan's involvement in U-21 championship. Monaghan have plenty of options in attack and defence. It's in midfield we are short of viable alternatives. Also great to see Eoin Duffy back on the match day squad. He was such a key player last year during the NFL and unlucky to miss the entire championship run with that ankle injury.

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on March 14, 2014, 10:56:01 AM
Anyone know if Chrissy McGuinness's dad is originally from Armagh?
Christopher is a 3rd generation Ballybay Pearse Brother.
His granddad was the first.

Throw ball

Quote from: Bingo on March 14, 2014, 10:43:29 AM

No problem on the bench for Saturday, it was released last night as well. Bit light on defenders with Conor Calligan and Karl O'Connell on it and Marty McElory can cover wing back. Then you've Dick Clerkin, Peter O'Hanlon, Chrissy McGuinness, Gollogy in reserve with Peter O'Hanlon and Owen Duffy back.

If only we had some fit defenders.

JP

We're down to five fit defenders (3 of which have made their debut this year). If any more get injured we may have to borrow some.

babarino

Quote from: JP on March 14, 2014, 08:38:45 PM

We're down to five fit defenders (3 of which have made their debut this year). If any more get injured we may have to borrow some.

Bring your boots JP, just in case.