Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

lads cant believe casshidy getting the blame after all if your being paid the rumoured amount hes getting then hes well within his rights to demand value for his backer(s). personally them clonoe lads are no big loss to the set up too small mickey o neill id keep mcaliskey should be driven up to the island as well. money is talking it always does.

redzone

Could be a short year for the clonoe lads who left the panel.if there are beat in the champ bythe island and the league being not good enough for them what will they do all summer.  ;)

Bensars

Quote from: time ticking away on April 10, 2015, 12:56:37 PM
It is sad that these players have left the county panel. There is something inherently wrong with the system when Tyrone people don't want Tyrone to be successful or don't want the best players to make themselves available for the county team. I have no idea how this problem could be solved but it is true that lots of club players would prefer for Tyrone to lose so that any players they might have on the county panel could return to the club.
People on here are saying that county players only miss 5 starred games a year and that this isn't a lot. The starred games are not the issue !! The real issue is that with club championship only 7 weeks away these players will not be available to take part in a training session with their clubs until one week before the biggest game of the club season. The sudden death nature of the championship here is without doubt playing a huge part in these defections. I'm not saying this is fair or otherwise, I just saying this is the main stumbling block. (Clonoe and Carmen must be favourites now... if they weren't already).
I see calls for Meyler to be called up to the county panel. Would that make Omaghs county contingent 7!!! That couldn't be good for their preparations. But at least they aren't putting their players under any undue pressure

Seven?

Who am I missing? 2 Mcmahons, Clarke, Oneill,Tierney, Meyler potentially.

Who's the other?

time ticking away

Quote from: Bensars on April 10, 2015, 08:06:44 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on April 10, 2015, 12:56:37 PM
It is sad that these players have left the county panel. There is something inherently wrong with the system when Tyrone people don't want Tyrone to be successful or don't want the best players to make themselves available for the county team. I have no idea how this problem could be solved but it is true that lots of club players would prefer for Tyrone to lose so that any players they might have on the county panel could return to the club.
People on here are saying that county players only miss 5 starred games a year and that this isn't a lot. The starred games are not the issue !! The real issue is that with club championship only 7 weeks away these players will not be available to take part in a training session with their clubs until one week before the biggest game of the club season. The sudden death nature of the championship here is without doubt playing a huge part in these defections. I'm not saying this is fair or otherwise, I just saying this is the main stumbling block. (Clonoe and Carmen must be favourites now... if they weren't already).
I see calls for Meyler to be called up to the county panel. Would that make Omaghs county contingent 7!!! That couldn't be good for their preparations. But at least they aren't putting their players under any undue pressure

Seven?

Who am I missing? 2 Mcmahons, Clarke, Oneill,Tierney, Meyler potentially.

Who's the other?
ah I forgot conan grugan wasn't there any more
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

BennyHarp

My view would be that none of the lads are a huge loss but it does suggest to me that something is not quite right within the camp. If the lads have been harbouring these thoughts in the dressing room then they are better off leaving. Hopefully, we can replace them with potential from the U21 squad who will have a winning mentality and will freshen up things.
That was never a square ball!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: redzone on April 10, 2015, 07:56:12 PM
Could be a short year for the clonoe lads who left the panel.if there are beat in the champ bythe island and the league being not good enough for them what will they do all summer.  ;)

What we are assured is that Tyrone will have a short season. League mustn't be important to Tyrone either  :P

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Redhand Santa on April 10, 2015, 01:14:17 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on April 10, 2015, 12:41:31 PM
Whats the big deal lads, the Clonoe lads chose their club over their county, so what. I think its great. Its even better that its annoying a few numptys on here that wouldnt watch a club game on a Sunday but would travel the length and bredth of the country following the county. Priorites are correct in Clonoe as far as im concerned.

But there wasn't a choice between club and county. The players would still have been available for every key club game and at the same time been given the opportunity to compete and play at the highest level.

Plenty of players have played for Tyrone and had successful club careers, look at gormley canavan etc. errigal ciaran have never had an issue with their players playing for Tyrone and they're the only club that do well in ulster.

Also do you follow people on the board around to know what games they attend?

This would've been mostly in pre back door game. Back then you would've known much, much more clearly when your season was. It could've been over from an IC perspective by mid May.

The back door is the catalyst for most of these issues.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 10, 2015, 09:21:05 PM
My view would be that none of the lads are a huge loss but it does suggest to me that something is not quite right within the camp. If the lads have been harbouring these thoughts in the dressing room then they are better off leaving. Hopefully, we can replace them with potential from the U21 squad who will have a winning mentality and will freshen up things.

With the news that the U21s are now screwing over Club seasons, it's almost got to the stage that I hope Tyrone are dumped out of everything early to allow Club seasons to progress properly. It's getting more and more like Clubs v County as opposed to Club and County.

sam03/05

Yeah it will be great when Tyrone are out of everything and we can squabble over an O'Neill cup and then get laughed at in the Ulster Club as usual!
That will be great for Tyrone football alright.

The Beard

Quote from: sam03/05 on April 11, 2015, 12:27:16 AM
Yeah it will be great when Tyrone are out of everything and we can squabble over an O'Neill cup and then get laughed at in the Ulster Club as usual!
That will be great for Tyrone football alright.

and again sam....showing your true county colours. what club is it you support again?? probably couldn't even name us your captain.

run away off now and chase after a few premium level tickets in croker there

BennyHarp

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2015, 10:50:39 PM

With the news that the U21s are now screwing over Club seasons, it's almost got to the stage that I hope Tyrone are dumped out of everything early to allow Club seasons to progress properly. It's getting more and more like Clubs v County as opposed to Club and County.

Ah come on Ffs, the semi final is next weekend, calm down, it's 7 days away, its hardly screwing over the club season. For the past 9 years the u21 team has had no impact on club football, relax!
That was never a square ball!!

sam03/05

What's the obsession with a few league games, in other counties teams couldn't care less about a few stupid league fixtures. In Derry there is no emphasis on the league - (their club teams are far more successful than ours), in Kerry this wouldn't be a problem at all, the u21s would just sit out, not many would get too concerned about a league match.

laceer

In Kerry the league would run on regardless and the u21s would likely play away. There'd certainly have been no email sent out the night before the league games telling the clubs who they were permitted to play.

The needs of the majority need to outweigh the needs of the few. 99% of players in Tyrone have been ruled by the needs of the elite 1% for years now and I'm glad it's swinging back the other way a small bit.

Sam03/05 - for the majority of players this is their first proper game in about 6 months-who the fcuk are you to call it a stupid fixture? You're a mouth.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 11, 2015, 01:34:10 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 10, 2015, 10:50:39 PM

Ah come on Ffs, the semi final is next weekend, calm down, it's 7 days away, its hardly screwing over the club season. For the past 9 years the u21 team has had no impact on club football, relax!

The whole fixture list this weekend was at the convenience of the U21s. Games moves to Saturday. No one knowing when their game was til Weds night. Boys unable to plan. Men taking half days from work to play today.

Then the U21s ask that no players are selected today.

So what was the point of moving the games and inconveniencing do many?

sam03/05

The league in Tyrone is a farce simple as that. It's starts with a great hullabullow, then when teams are safe they start handing each other points. Relegation is most often decided by who can get the most points handed to them by clubs that are safe at the end of the season. So I am sorry if I can't get too excited about a round of league fixtures ahead of a chance to get to an AllIreland final. If these were fixtures played in the last few weeks of the year (most important time) then half the clubs would be handing points out to keep other clubs safe. Complete farce.

Quote from: laceer on April 11, 2015, 10:00:53 AM
In Kerry the league would run on regardless and the u21s would likely play away. There'd certainly have been no email sent out the night before the league games telling the clubs who they were permitted to play.

The needs of the majority need to outweigh the needs of the few. 99% of players in Tyrone have been ruled by the needs of the elite 1% for years now and I'm glad it's swinging back the other way a small bit.

Sam03/05 - for the majority of players this is their first proper game in about 6 months-who the fcuk are you to call it a stupid fixture? You're a mouth.