Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wee scully

Quote from: WT4E on September 04, 2014, 01:25:55 PM
Would Paul Devlin (Moortown) not be looking a go at it considering his success this year with Moortown minors?

What are the usual credentials for a minor manager? What where Mickey Donnellys for example?
Paul Dook yes had great year with murtin minirs but hes no Ollie Mallaghan who along with Benny Hurl raised the bar in minor football
Mickey Donnelly wasnt even at the minor final this year and him expected to take the tyrone minors next year with probably between murtin and ardboe you could have picked at least 6-8 for the team.this year never mind looking for next year

How many grade 1 games did he go since he took charge??

time ticking away

canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

twenty one yard free

Scullys not far aff the mark, Olly Mallaghan and Benny Hurl definitely raised rhe bar within youth football in tyrone and left lads in Ardboe with a pocket fulla medals, indeed Benny was involved with development squads in tyrone and was well respected  but his face didnt suit

The Bearded One

I would have no hesitation having Benny Hurl involved with the minors but we all know that won't happen under the current chairmans watch. That said if the Co Committee has the power to remove Mickey Donnelly do they have the same say when it comes to voting for a new management team?
It is what it is. Presumably.

TF15

Raised the bar??? They didn't win an Ulster title ffs. Omagh, Fianna and Errigal have all done that in the last 10 years. Good wee team but that comment was way off. There would be worse ideas than bringing Raymond Munroe back. Suits U18 management and has a proven track record.

highballlow

I see the rumour mill has already begun on the next team sponsor,heard talk of Moy Park but this is a new one.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Hand-Fan/787751621266690

WeeDonns

Quote from: highballlow on September 05, 2014, 12:49:12 PM
I see the rumour mill has already begun on the next team sponsor,heard talk of Moy Park but this is a new one.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Hand-Fan/787751621266690
You've created a new facebook page & gaaboard account just to tell us this?

wee scully

Quote from: TF15 on September 05, 2014, 02:37:28 AM
Raised the bar??? They didn't win an Ulster title ffs. Omagh, Fianna and Errigal have all done that in the last 10 years. Good wee team but that comment was way off. There would be worse ideas than bringing Raymond Munroe back. Suits U18 management and has a proven track record.

Only omagh and ardboe have ever got to three grade 1 minor finals in a row which is some achievement in anyones eyes

Ardboe fell short in ulster 2 years in a row against the king pins of youth football in Glen Maghera

Tyrone Gaa

It would appear that Micky Donnelly is still the county Minor Manager despite not havng the support of the County Committee. 
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 17, 2014, 10:14:29 AM
It would appear that Micky Donnelly is still the county Minor Manager despite not havng the support of the County Committee.
Was there a meeting last night?
How did that go?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Have no idea how the meeting went, just heard on the grapevine that Micky Donnelly is still the Minor Manager.  If anyone can confirm that?  I know Teamtalk said Tyrone were seeking nominations for new Minor Management.  I heard different this morning
Living the dream!!!

shezam

Still the manager for now, another meeting to be called, needs a 2/3 majority to overturn that and open the position up for nominations.

WT4E

Quote from: shezam on September 17, 2014, 12:06:14 PM
Still the manager for now, another meeting to be called, needs a 2/3 majority to overturn that and open the position up for nominations.

Could you be bothered if ratification took this long - I think I would just walk away!