Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 03, 2014, 01:53:56 PM
Was it not the case that Donnelly was reinstated a couple of weeks ago "unopposed", from what i hear it was rushed through and there was actually another party which were interested, this party then made a complaint to the county committee.

It's the worst kept secret in local football that two members of the 1986 team want the job next year.

WT4E

bigtogs

Up The Middle

They are advertising it in the Courier this week...........
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on September 03, 2014, 04:03:35 PM
So who has the job??

You interested in it? You have a decent CV and good knowledge of footballing affairs around the county.

Napper

Was told today that two lough shore men might drop parish rivalries and go for the minor job. Micky Donnelly will walk into a big club job next year. 

bigtogs

Quote from: Napper on September 03, 2014, 07:16:21 PM
Was told today that two lough shore men might drop parish rivalries and go for the minor job. Micky Donnelly will walk into a big club job next year.

Ardboe and Moortown?

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on September 03, 2014, 06:03:27 PM
So who has the job??

You interested in it? You have a decent CV and good knowledge of footballing affairs around the county.

when u hit 50+ umpiring is my limit i am afraid..

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on September 03, 2014, 07:53:26 PM
So who has the job??

You're far from 50 big lad maybe you and your derrylaughan mate I heard are going for the job.

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on September 03, 2014, 09:45:21 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on September 03, 2014, 07:53:26 PM
So who has the job??

You're far from 50 big lad maybe you and your derrylaughan mate I heard are going for the job.

barking up the wrong tree

The Bearded One

Apart from O'Hagan and Tar Lynch is there anyone else rumoured to be interested in the minor post?

It is what it is. Presumably.

WT4E

Would Paul Devlin (Moortown) not be looking a go at it considering his success this year with Moortown minors?

What are the usual credentials for a minor manager? What where Mickey Donnellys for example?

The Bearded One

There is a suggestion that Moortown have an equally as strong a minor side next year, I doubt Paul Devlin would walk away from his team just yet.

I know Mickey Donnelly had managed Mayobridge before taking on the minors, can't say for cetain that he won a Down championship with them but I am fairly certain he did.

WT4E

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 04, 2014, 01:29:30 PM
There is a suggestion that Moortown have an equally as strong a minor side next year, I doubt Paul Devlin would walk away from his team just yet.

I know Mickey Donnelly had managed Mayobridge before taking on the minors, can't say for cetain that he won a Down championship with them but I am fairly certain he did.

Yeah I hear only 2/3 are overage next year - could you not do both?

The Bearded One

In theory he probably could but if you were to look at it cynically, it would make his job as Moortown managers easier as he would be working closely with the key players from the clubs challenging them for honours.

I would also expect a minor manager to be taking in club games to keep an eye out on players, if he was managing his own team he couldn't do this as he'd only see the players his own club faced.