Hamas attack Israel & subsequent genocide

Started by bennydorano, October 07, 2023, 09:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on May 21, 2024, 09:58:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 21, 2024, 09:30:43 PM
Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on May 21, 2024, 09:15:30 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 21, 2024, 08:45:33 PMThere is, as far as I'm aware, no evidence of this gang rape/mass rape thing. Its also pretty much accepted that Israel shot up a large amount of their own people. If they gave a damn about hostages they would gave negotiated their release, instead they carpet bombed civilian areas. You need to think of Israel as Nazis to understand the evil you are dealing with here.

I have no doubt that Israel wilfully murder and starve Palestinians - it's clear from their actions.

Though hasn't the ICC also accepted that Hamas fighters used sexual violence? I'd imagine they must have seen evidence before stating such.

Maybe they have, they've certainly said Hamas has a case to answer on it. But I've not seen any evidence from reliable sources and in fact some of the initial witnesses stating this were shown to be very unreliable. I would have thought it surely would've been out there for all to see if evidence was available. A bit like the weapons and tunnels in hospitals, none of it ever surfaced.

Israel's exaggerated reports of sexual violence are unbelievable but if the ICC are also citing it in their case agains the leadership of Hamas I'm inclined to think there must have been some level of truth in the original reports of rapes occurring.

The 'human shield' thing Israel use against Hamas I find ridiculous. Israel has never cared about harming civilians so what use are they as any type of shield.

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/icc-has-no-evidence-7-october-rapes-documents-indicate

marty34

Norway to recognise Palestine state, with Ireland and Spain to follow.

Let's hope many more follow suit over the next few weeks.

johnnycool

Quote from: whitey on May 21, 2024, 06:30:38 PMI'm sure people are going to go ballistic (no pun intended) when I ask this question, but what exactly did Hamas hope to accomplish by the attacks on October 7th?

Was it a revenge attack for decades of oppression on the Palestinians?

Was it an attempt to start a war?

Was it an attempt to derail the normalization of relations between Israel and other Muslim Countries?

Netanyahu was like Tyson Fury on Saturday night and would likely have been removed from office. Why did they give him this lifeline ?

On a scale of 1-10 how did they think Israel would respond ? (1 being do nothing, 10 being dropping a nuke)

All of the above.

If you're living from one aid drop to the next, being picked off and slaughtered day and daily by the IDF in both the Gaza strip and even still in the West Bank you've nothing to lose.

Did it play into Netanyahu and his ultra right wing partners in government hands? To an extent but it may well suit the Palestinians in the longer term with how Netanyahu has went on a genocidal rampage in the Gaza strip.

Those who have turned a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the IDF for decades can no longer sit by and watch and now I think we're seeing the start of something better for Palestine as there's no way Netanyahu and the Israelis can be seen to have benefited from this genocide.
The Us can no longer be seen to be neutral in this conversation as it never was.

Itchy

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 07:50:17 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 21, 2024, 06:30:38 PMI'm sure people are going to go ballistic (no pun intended) when I ask this question, but what exactly did Hamas hope to accomplish by the attacks on October 7th?

Was it an attempt to derail the normalization of relations between Israel and other Muslim Countries?

Netanyahu was like Tyson Fury on Saturday night and would likely have been removed from office. Why did they give him this lifeline ?

On a scale of 1-10 how did they think Israel would respond ? (1 being do nothing, 10 being dropping a nuke)

All of the above.

If you're living from one aid drop to the next, being picked off and slaughtered day and daily by the IDF in both the Gaza strip and even still in the West Bank you've nothing to lose.

Did it play into Netanyahu and his ultra right wing partners in government hands? To an extent but it may well suit the Palestinians in the longer term with how Netanyahu has went on a genocidal rampage in the Gaza strip.

Those who have turned a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the IDF for decades can no longer sit by and watch and now I think we're seeing the start of something better for Palestine as there's no way Netanyahu and the Israelis can be seen to have benefited from this genocide.
The Us can no longer be seen to be neutral in this conversation as it never was.

Couldnt all Whiteys questions be similarly asked of Irish rebellions. We were a small, poorly armed peasantry resisting the biggest empire in the world. Could we not ask why did our crazy ancestors rebel in 1641, 1798, Robert Emmett, 1916, Tan War, Troubles. Sure didnt we know what would come to us?

johnnycool

Quote from: Itchy on Today at 08:01:00 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 07:50:17 AM

All of the above.

Couldnt all Whiteys questions be similarly asked of Irish rebellions. We were a small, poorly armed peasantry resisting the biggest empire in the world. Could we not ask why did our crazy ancestors rebel in 1641, 1798, Robert Emmett, 1916, Tan War, Troubles. Sure didnt we know what would come to us?

Which makes it all the more galling to see anyone with an inkling of Irishness in them supporting Israel in any form.

We've all been told for decades who the terrorists were whilst those who called us such we covered in the blood of innocent Irish people.