Connacht SFC 2019

Started by Rossfan, April 23, 2019, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornetto

Well its onto the final,Ross must be favourites after that performance,14 men for 7 minutes and eek out a win its performances like that that makes or breaks a team.it reminded me of when galway beat mayo for the first time in years was it 4 years ago?it was like winning a connacht final.
As for the final itself,
I expect the rossies to target kerin as a weak link in our backline,cregg to maybe push up on Sean Andy for a few high balls,silke is the only one I would have faith in on that backline.
We are going to have to push up on the Ross kickout,force to kick long think we are stronger here,mayos new great hope ruane was made look very ordinary which he is.rossies defence is dogged feck all room for fancy Dan stuff,donie Smith will also start a huge plus and murtagh so nothing handy at all in this game,I was actually hoping mayo would win as I would have been more confident of beating them,how times have changed!😁

Blowitupref

Quote from: cornetto on May 26, 2019, 11:51:23 AM
Well its onto the final,Ross must be favourites after that performance,14 men for 7 minutes and eek out a win its performances like that that makes or breaks a team.it reminded me of when galway beat mayo for the first time in years was it 4 years ago?it was like winning a connacht final.
As for the final itself,
I expect the rossies to target kerin as a weak link in our backline,cregg to maybe push up on Sean Andy for a few high balls,silke is the only one I would have faith in on that backline.
We are going to have to push up on the Ross kickout,force to kick long think we are stronger here,mayos new great hope ruane was made look very ordinary which he is.rossies defence is dogged feck all room for fancy Dan stuff,donie Smith will also start a huge plus and murtagh so nothing handy at all in this game,I was actually hoping mayo would win as I would have been more confident of beating them,how times have changed!😁

Far from it as expected. Galway the defending champs playing at home and have already beaten Roscommon by a bit to spare this year.  Galway 4/9 Roscommon 9/4 however i don't think the rossies will mind the underdog tag again though.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

giveballaghback

Quote from: cornetto on May 23, 2019, 09:04:41 AM
Glowing report for mayo in today's indo, keep it up please, yes I think roscommon will give them a good game and pack bodies into their defence,midfield is where I think mayo may have the advantage unless Ross have come up with a good kickout plan.one part of me wants mayo to run out easy winners without their deficiencies been shown up,another wants it to be so close that numerous cracks appear in the league champions,so many in fact that there wont be time to remedy them all😁
Unfortunately we in galway dont know how good or bad we are, with the games we have had and by the time we do, it may be too late😞
You forgot about the third option a Rossie win.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 27, 2019, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: cornetto on May 23, 2019, 09:04:41 AM
Glowing report for mayo in today's indo, keep it up please, yes I think roscommon will give them a good game and pack bodies into their defence,midfield is where I think mayo may have the advantage unless Ross have come up with a good kickout plan.one part of me wants mayo to run out easy winners without their deficiencies been shown up,another wants it to be so close that numerous cracks appear in the league champions,so many in fact that there wont be time to remedy them all😁
Unfortunately we in galway dont know how good or bad we are, with the games we have had and by the time we do, it may be too late😞
You forgot about the third option a Rossie win.

Only two options from now on. Ros or Galway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.