Leinster u21 Football Championship 2011

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 29, 2010, 03:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

5 westmeath 4 to longford, half time  Dublin clueless ref giving them some strange decisions. Think he must have bought a plot in granard
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Shamrock Shore

If he bought a plot in Granard he's be favouring Westmeath  :P

Heshs Umpire

8-7 to the Westies halfway through 2nd half
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Heshs Umpire

And Wexford lead 1-9 to 0-6 in the other one

Heshs Umpire

Westmeath down to 14 men. Longford lead by 1 in injury time

Heshs Umpire

Shamrock Shore

Longford win by a point.

Sending off the turning point!

Congrats Young Larries!

AZOffaly

Is this the longford team that won the minor?

ross4life

Congrats Longford another big win! should be favourites for Leinster now.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Shamrock Shore

A few, but certainly not all of last year's Leinster champs.

WH crowd went mental with Dub ref at the end. The booing was awful. Auld Shamrock Shore not amused with their carry on

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 23, 2011, 09:09:31 PM
A few, but certainly not all of last year's Leinster champs.

WH crowd went mental with Dub ref at the end. The booing was awful. Auld Shamrock Shore not amused with their carry on

Was that just last year? I thought that was a few years ago. That's a good sign for Longford so. Fair play. Hard luck Iarmhi.

Shamrock Shore

Yes AZ - we are 2010 champs. Beat yer boys in final having lost to Offaly by 21 or so points in round 1 proper!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 23, 2011, 09:15:56 PM
Yes AZ - we are 2010 champs. Beat yer boys in final having lost to Offaly by 21 or so points in round 1 proper!
I remember, and I remember the turnaround as well. I just thought it was longer ago than last year. Jeepers.

Qwerty28

Great stuff by the youngsters, tight win like that will stand to them in final. Prob be favourites after scalps in last two rounds but Longford teams dont like being in that position the seldom time it happens!

gerrykeegan

Just back, unreal how bad ref was. (not sour grapes mind you) One foot block on e a w/m lad was given as a free to longford, another free given where one from each side had their hands on the ball, after the w/m lad had won it theref awarded free to longford. Saw nothing on the Heslin red card, looked like the longford lad had fallen badly.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)